Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The season is young. Sanchez almost hit a double down the RF line to score 2 or 3 last inning. He just missed it. 

Did Comcast deny your area the YES Network for a full year? Comcast is not popular on the Baseball thread. haha

Yes. Comcast banished the Yes Network last year. I watched the games on Firestick however. I'm glad Yes is back on Comcast. The Yanks did last inning what they do better than any other team..........Load the bases & leave them all sitting there.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yes, they do but I fear, they won't. Not a good start to the season. Oh & the YES Network is back in my area.

Its only the first game . Usually not an easy task to win an opener in an apposing ballpark

2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yes. Comcast banished the Yes Network last year. I watched the games on Firestick however. I'm glad Yes is back on Comcast. The Yanks did last inning what they do better than any other team..........Load the bases & leave them all sitting there.

That something you cant do a lot of , tends to let the wind out of your sails. Your Yankees will be fine.

5 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yes. Comcast banished the Yes Network last year. I watched the games on Firestick however. I'm glad Yes is back on Comcast. The Yanks did last inning what they do better than any other team..........

The Mets have not been much better. 

9 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

We have 3 very capable Catchers , all 3 decent hitters as well. Lol maybe we can work out a trade for a good pitcher lol

Not a bad idea.

Is that the former Cardinals player on the Yanks? Matt Holiday? He looks so young. He has been in the league for many years (12+), it seems.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Not a bad idea.

Is that the former Cardinals player on the Yanks? Matt Holiday? He looks so young. He has been in the league for many years (12+), it seems.

I think he will fare well long term with the Yankees playing DH he was way to injury prone in the Outfield. Coltsfansince he is one of those when he gets hot can carry your team on his back. Hes 36 if not mistaken NFL

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks for checking. He looks 10 years younger. If he stays healthy, it will be a good signing for the Yankees. 

I really think he will as DH .No one hits the ball harder . More of a line drive hitter but hits a lot of home runs because of speed off the bat.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Too many homer picks here. Lol.

Good luck on the season!

Well in my defense it is kind of tough to pick against the Cubs considering they just won the WS and are the best team on paper. No way was I not picking them, especially being a Cubs fan on top of it. That would be like a Patriots fan not picking the Pats to Repeat. I do like your picks a lot though because the Indians may be on a mission to win it now after barely losing and the Nats have always been capable of reaching the WS. Picking the Nats is a nice off the wall pick and different and with the way Baseball can be unpredictable they could win the NL.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well in my defense it is kind of tough to pick against the Cubs considering they just won the WS and are the best team on paper. No way was I not picking them, especially being a Cubs fan on top of it. That would be like a Patriots fan not picking the Pats to Repeat. I do like your picks a lot though because the Indians may be on a mission to win it now after barely losing and the Nats have always been capable of reaching the WS. Picking the Nats is a nice off the wall pick and different and with the way Baseball can be unpredictable they could win the NL.

haha Nothing wrong with being a homer. I was just kidding. I am often accused of being too serious.

Just now, NFLfan said:

haha Nothing wrong with being a homer. I was just kidding. I am often accused of being too serious.

Nah I knew you were joking around because Jay picked the Cards lmao You are right though most people are going with their favorite teams to win it all. In reality there are probably 5-7 teams that have a nice shot of winning it.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah I knew you were joking around because Jay picked the Cards lmao You are right though most people are going with their favorite teams to win it all. In reality there are probably 5-7 teams that have a nice shot of winning it.

Lol if I didn't truly think they had a good chance I wouldn't say it , but its way to early to many things can happen . If your teams good you got to go with them.

1 minute ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Archer looked good after the first inning jitters. He seemed to gain confidence as the game went on. Tanaka on the other hand gave up a career high 7 earned runs.

Thanks for letting us rent Chapman last season. I will miss him. I loved when he when he would come in throwing over 100. He was key part of the WS win.

1 minute ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Archer looked good after the first inning jitters. He seemed to gain confidence as the game went on. Tanaka on the other hand gave up a career high 7 earned runs.

John Sterling (Yankees radio announcer) just said he expects Tanaka to "pitch a heck of a game" next time out. Yankees will be ok. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't sweat it too much, it's such a long season. It wouldn't shock me if the Cubs laid an egg in St Louis.

That's the great thing about it , you never know till the games are played. If we knew the outcome before it wouldn't be fun lol

5 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Please stick around with us over the season and keep us in the loop on how things are going.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree 100% and I do think the Cards have a chance. I have them making the Playoffs.

Two teams I expect to make the playoffs every year:  the Cardinals and whichever team is being managed by Bruce Vochy.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Two teams I expect to make the playoffs every year:  the Cardinals and whichever team us being managed by Bruce Vochy.

Yeah I was surprised they didn't make it last season but your Mets had a lot to do with it. Mets did a great job getting in. They gave the Giants all they could handle too but MadBum in a 1 game situation is very tough.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I was surprised they didn't make it last season but your Mets had a lot to do with it. Mets did a great job getting in. They gave the Giants all they could handle too but MadBum in a 1 game situation is very tough.

We had way to many injuries to key players . It was an accomplishment in what we did do.

Archived