Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Huge win, you can put this Division in the freezer baby! It's over now.

With the Brewers being 5.5 back I don't see them catching us, Cards are 5 back and we do play them 4 times but they would pretty much have to sweep us and need help from other teams to catch us. It's pretty much over. Cards could very well grab that final WildCard spot though. Cubs are showing why they are the Champs, Champs win these type of ball games by sweeping the Cards then going on the road and winning 2 extra Inning games against a gritty Brewers team.

15 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Cubs just took two of four from the Brewers with two more then I think four with the Cards and finishing against the Reds while the Brewers play three or four with the Cardinals.  Down to the wire.

Yeah we pretty much got this now. The PostSeason is going to be real interesting. I want to see how we do against teams like Washington and LA if we do make the NLCS.

Here's a fun fact, I have been a Cubs fan since 1984 and during my fandom they have never won backtoback Division Championships! If the Cubs go ahead and close this out, I would be witnessing Cubs history again. It's really been a fun 3 year run. 2015 = win 97 games and make NLCS, 2016 = win 103 games (Division Champs) and win the World Series, 2017 = looking like Division Champs again then who knows?

Just now, NFLfan said:

Awful, too warm. It is about 85° here. How is it in Indy?

Looks like the Cubs will be playing the Nats. Anyone know if Harper is expected back for the playoffs? Nats are resting player now. 

At work yesterday it was 90, I haven't even been outside today. Been just laying here. The work week wore me out. Neck is better but still bothering me but time off will help. Not sure about Harper, obviously that is huge for Washington.

Brewers have been one big pain in the butt all year! Pretty sick of them actually because when they win they get lucky like today and have overachieved beyond belief. I am still happy no matter the outcome because I expected and said going to into this series I would be ok with 2-2 because I know how lucky they get with Braun or Shaw pulling their shenanigans. Still up 2-1 as of now. Arcia probably wont HR the rest of the year! Hader thinks he's freakin Syndergaard as well, what's up with that hair? Get your own look. Anyway it's all good, Go Cubs!

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here's a fun fact, I have been a Cubs fan since 1984 and during my fandom they have never won backtoback Division Championships! If the Cubs go ahead and close this out, I would be witnessing Cubs history again. It's really been a fun 3 year run. 2015 = win 97 games and make NLCS, 2016 = win 103 games (Division Champs) and win the World Series, 2017 = looking like Division Champs again then who knows?

Division Champs 2007-08? Or were you meaning something else

Archived