Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

From what Len and JD were discussing yesterday Brett Andersoncould get more starts because of injury issues and difficulty warming up quickly

Yeah that 5th starter is up in the air. Not even really sure how he will use the bull pen as of now. Maddon does all kinds of different things.

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Hey, Jay, I will watch my first Spring Training game today. Our opponents??? None other than your Cards. It starts in a few minutes. 

Wish I could be there in person.

Was anything but a pitchers dual :lol: 34 hits

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Harvey struggling in 2nd inning, giving up a double, hitting a batter, and giving up a 3-run Homer to Jose Martinez.  3-1 Cards. Mets also scored their run on a home run (Cespedes).

Cards player just laid down a great bunt. NL baseball!!

Martinez has probably earned a spot on the Roster , has really had obsticles physically to over come . 28 years old and probably has made it to the bigs. I love stories like that.

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Oh, I don't but the Cards look good. The score is not important.  They are playing fundamentally well.  They play baseball the way I like -- getting people on base no matter how (hits, walks, bunts), moving runners along, and timely hits. I don't like winning via the home run. Lol.

Lol I'm out of likes , will come back and hit some of these tomorrow

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:22 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards always seem to play fundamentally sound Baseball. They are a threat every year to win the WS.

The fundamentals were terrible last year , very out of the norm. One thing they are concentrating on this spring.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:37 PM, NFLfan said:

I actually don't want a big bat. I want to play small ball the way the Cards are. I am jealous right now. They are playing small ball and going to the opposite field. They are getting singles and doubles, stealing bases, taking the extra base. I love that. No big bat but now leading 11-3 by just playing small ball. I will take that.

One thing most don't realize about the Cards last year besides fundamental lapse , they were 3rd in MLB in home runs.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:45 PM, NFLfan said:

The player I like most on the Cubs is Zobrist. I liked Fowler too. Zobrist seems to bring everything. The Mets did try and sign him. He would have been a good signing. I usually don't like picking up high-priced free agents but I would have liked him. He's a winner.

Zobrist was a major pick up for them and he delivered . Hes just flat out a good all around player

32 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

If they have 14 id say that's correct

The Mets have 10 major league players and 4 minor leaguers playing in WBC.

I'm not sure how much I like so many of our guys playing in this.  When is it over?

On 3/6/2017 at 7:49 PM, NFLfan said:

The Mets have 10 major league players and 4 minor leaguers playing in WBC.

I'm not sure how much I like so many of our guys playing in this.  When is it over?

The 22nd but if there are two rounds of pools then a Championship Round so it depends on how far each team goes

The great Peyton Manning texted Kris Bryant and congratulated him on his MVP and WS win per wishtv.com. Kris Bryant was blown away by this and didn't even expect that coming from a guy like a Peyton. The Cubs are so young and humble it actually blows me away! Kris Bryant is the total opposite of LeBron James or Tom Brady. The guy isn't full of himself, the guy doesn't put pressure on his management to get better players, he doesn't whine, he just plays his sport and respects his peers and respects his management. He just wins and does it the way the average fan loves it. God, I love Baseball.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The great Peyton Manning texted Kris Bryant and congratulated him on his MVP and WS win per wishtv.com. Kris Bryant was blown away by this and didn't even expect that coming from a guy like a Peyton. The Cubs are so young and humble it actually blows me away! Kris Bryant is the total opposite of LeBron James or Tom Brady. The guy isn't full of himself, the guy doesn't put pressure on his management to get better players, he doesn't whine, he just plays his sport and respects his peers and respects his management. He just wins and does it the way the average fan loves it. God, I love Baseball.

Very classy move by Peyton, love that guy! That last catch and throw by Bryant, lol, it was like watching a pinto league game and seeing a kid throw the game winning out....the happiness and emotion on his face knowing he just sealed the deal.....

IMG_0012.JPG

On 12/27/2016 at 10:47 AM, Jay Kirk said:

Will the Cards , Pirates , Reds be able to dethrone the Cubs in the Central ? Mets or Nationals in the east ? Dodgers in west ? Would love to have input from you American League fans this year. Looking forward to another fun year in the MLB

Ny Yankees all day watch out for us this year

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have:

Jay - Cards fan

Brent - Reds fan

Radio Girl - Cubs fan

NFLFan - Mets fan

BucColts - Pirates fan

RustonRifle - Yankees fan

M Colts M - Cubs fan

Jared - Braves fan

Princeton - Cubs fan

Now we have - Zalazar - Yankees fan

2006(me) - Cubs fan

-that is a solid mix. I am sure I am leaving others off too.

There are a couple more Cards fans that should be here when season starts

Archived