Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I compare the Braves to the 90's to the Colts when we had Peyton. Just beautiful the way those 2 franchises played for years. I am glad the Braves got their Championship like the Colts did because that validates all of their other wins.

I absolutely love it, but it also infuriates me because both of the franchises should of won more world championships then they did and they were victims of bad luck. For the Colts, it was just having the Pats in our conference at the exact same time Manning was playing as Brady. Braves made a few world series, but could only win 1. Then they lost in the playoffs repeatedly. Lets hope for some new success in the future!

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I absolutely love it, but it also infuriates me because both of the franchises should of won more world championships then they did and they were victims of bad luck. For the Colts, it was just having the Pats in our conference at the exact same time Manning was playing as Brady. Braves made a few world series, but could only win 1. Then they lost in the playoffs repeatedly. Lets hope for some new success in the future!

Yeah I see what you are saying, they both could've won more Championships, probably should've. Oh well, still 2 of the best teams of all-time in their respective sport with all the wins each had + the Championship. What's funny is the Braves beat the Indians to win their WS and so did my Cubs after 108 years. I guess if we play the Indians, great fortune will happen. See no matter what the Cubs do now it's gravy to me. I feel like I am playing with house money now. Do I want more Championships, hell yes but if it doesn't happen I will always have 2016.

Yeah I see what you are saying, they both could've won more Championships, probably should've. Oh well, still 2 of the best teams of all-time in their respective sport with all the wins each had + the Championship. What's funny is the Braves beat the Indians to win their WS and so did my Cubs after 108 years. I guess if we play the Indians, great fortune will happen. See no matter what the Cubs do now it's gravy to me. I feel like I am playing with house money now. Do I want more Championships, hell yes but if it doesn't happen I will always have 2016.

Indians may win one soon, they'll get another chance. That is pretty funny though. Indians are the catalyst to getting over the WS hump lol. That's true, you'll always have 2016. I'll always have the great childhood watching the Braves make 3 world series, winning 1, and winning the division for 14 straight years. Now the Cubs may have a dynasty like the Giants did in the next few years, and the Braves may form something special in 3 years.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Exactly

Indians may win one soon, they'll get another chance. That is pretty funny though. Indians are the catalyst to getting over the WS hump lol. That's true, you'll always have 2016. I'll always have the great childhood watching the Braves make 3 world series, winning 1, and winning the division for 14 straight years. Now the Cubs may have a dynasty like the Giants did in the next few years, and the Braves may form something special in 3 years.

I wasn't laughing when it was 3-1 Indians though lmao. I am even amazed the Cubs pulled that comeback off and without HFA.

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was funny back in October of 2015, I was pretty new here and was talking some smack when it was Cubs vs Mets in the NLCS. NFLfan put me in my place haha. Mets were really on a roll then, I thought they would beat the Royals after beating the Cubs the way they did.

haha I did no such thing. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wasn't laughing when it was 3-1 Indians though lmao. I am even amazed the Cubs pulled that comeback off and without HFA.

I actually thought it was fixed, so I bet on the Cubs 3 straight times straight up and won a bit of money after that lol. Not sure if it was actually rigged, but 3 straight $25 bets were fun to win on!

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I actually thought it was fixed, so I bet on the Cubs 3 straight times straight up and won a bit of money after that lol. Not sure if it was actually rigged, but 3 straight $25 bets were fun to win on!

Baseball is def. not rigged, it was a great series . One team makes history either way

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Baseball is def. not rigged

I know, it would actually be very hard to rig considering players are hitting the ball to somewhat random parts of the field at all times. The umpires can call close balls into strikes and vice versa, but it's hard to effectively rig a game. I was pretty sure the Cubs would force it to game 7. Thought I'd lose game 7 when the indians had the lead before extra innings. Then the Cubs ended up winning. Was a very fun world series, and one I enjoyed much more than normal. 

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Baseball is def. not rigged

I think if any sport is rigged or altered it's Pro Basketball. People have been saying this for over a decade. That is the one sport that relies on their Star players to shine so the REFS give those players and teams a lot of wishy washy calls. I have friends and even my Step Dad that aren't even interested in watching the NBA anymore and I am talking these people were diehard watchers back in the 80's and 90's.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to admit I was talking some major smack and was pretty new here and the Mets just put the smokin on my Cubs.

But I did not talk smack. Lol. You may be getting me mixed up with AM. During the World Series that year, she started some trouble here. We were always respectful.

Anyway, I expected the Cubs to beat us in the playoffs that year because earlier in the year we were winless or lost 5 of 6 against the Cubs.

You guys have talked a lot of baseball today. I have a lot to catch up with. :)

Just now, NFLfan said:

But I did not talk smack. Lol. You may be getting me mixed up wit AM. During the World Series that year, she started some trouble. 

Anyway, I expected the Cubs to beat us in the playoffs that year because earlier in the year we were winless or lost 5 of 6 against the Cubs.

No that's the point, you didn't talk smack and I did. You basically posted that anything can happen and it would be a good series.

I think if any sport is rigged or altered it's Pro Basketball. People have been saying this for over a decade. That is the one sport that relies on their Star players to shine so the REFS give those players and teams a lot of wishy washy calls. I have friends and even my Step Dad that aren't even interested in watching the NBA anymore and I am talking these people were diehard watchers back in the 80's and 90's.

I honestly can't even watch basketball anymore, and I'm playing in a basketball fantasy league. I mostly just look at stats and make decisions off that. I was watching some basketball over my mom's house a couple weeks ago, and my mom was asking, "can I turn the channel?" I said, can I watch basketball for a couple minutes for my fantasy team? She said ok. A few minutes later, I was pacing and looking at the clock on the wall, and she asked me, "are you really enjoying that?" Couldn't even fake enjoying basketball to my mom, and I said, "no, please turn the channel." LOL.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

But I did not talk smack. Lol. You may be getting me mixed up wit AM. During the World Series that year, she started some trouble here. We were always respectful.

This is going to be a fun discussion board when the season starts. Full of really good posters here!

I honestly can't even watch basketball anymore, and I'm playing in a basketball fantasy league. I mostly just look at stats and make decisions off that. I was watching some basketball over my mom's house a couple weeks ago, and my mom was asking, "can I turn the channel?" I said, can I watch basketball for a couple minutes for my fantasy team? She said ok. A few minutes later, I was pacing and looking at the clock on the wall, and she asked me, "are you really enjoying that?" Couldn't even fake enjoying basketball to my mom, and I said, "no, please turn the channel." LOL.

As many know the only Basketball I watch/follow regularly is IHSAA(High School) and NCAA

Every time I visit my step dad's/mom's house, he refuses to watch any NBA. He hates it and thinks it rigged. He loves College ball, Pro Football, and Baseball but thinks the REFS control the NBA way too much.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

As many know the only Basketball I watch/follow regularly is IHSAA(High School) and NCAA

That takes dedication to watch high school basketball. The great thing about them is they play hard and for the love of the game at that stage. As for NCAA, I don't hate it, but since I have 0 interest in pro basketball, I just can't watch college basketball players play when they are most likely playing to be in the NBA. College Football I watch and think, "I'd love to have that guy on the Colts!" In college basketball, at best, I just enjoy a good game, so it loses an important layer of interest for me.

Every time I visit my step dad's/mom's house, he refuses to watch any NBA. He hates it and thinks it rigged. He loves College ball, Pro Football, and Baseball but thinks the REFS control the NBA way too much.

I like your stepdad, he seems to get it! :thmup: The NBA is already dominated by 3-4 teams. They don't need the refs help to make sure they get to the final 4 every year and the NBA Championship.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I like your stepdad, he seems to get it! :thmup: The NBA is already dominated by 3-4 teams. They don't need the refs help to make sure they get to the final 4 every year and the NBA Championship.

He already told me Cleveland would win it when I talked to him a couple of days ago so no use in getting upset about it. haha. I agree and I am over it because LeBron will never be Michael Jordan anyway as far as matching his accolades. Now I am about Baseball and this thread should be fun as it is full of great Posters, non Trolls, and it's really refreshing.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I stopped watching the NBA when the Lakers and Kings were playing in the Western finals and the Lakers seemed to get all the calls. I thought it was rigged.

I was never a big fan of the NBA but I like sports in general. After those series between the Kings and Lakers, I stopped watching the NBA altogether.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That takes dedication to watch high school basketball. The great thing about them is they play hard and for the love of the game at that stage. As for NCAA, I don't hate it, but since I have 0 interest in pro basketball, I just can't watch college basketball players play when they are most likely playing to be in the NBA. College Football I watch and think, "I'd love to have that guy on the Colts!" In college basketball, at best, I just enjoy a good game, so it loses an important layer of interest for me.

I grew up a Teachers/Coach's kid and worked with the kids of Princeton since High School.

Just now, NFLfan said:

I stopped watching the NBA when the Lakers and Kings were playing in the Western finals and the Lakers seemed to get all the calls. I thought it was rigged.

I was never a big fan of the NBA but I like sports in general. After those series, I stopped watching the NBA altogether.

I don't remember any of that series, but I remember the calls were horrible. Especially with Shaq if I remember right. He was fouling people over and over, and nothing. He gets touched, flag. That was a terrible series, and borderline disgusting.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was never a big fan of the NBA but I like sports in general. After those series between the Kings and Lakers, I stopped watching the NBA altogether.

I really don't want to make this a LeBron bash a thon Post but a lot of people quit watching that I know after he joined Miami. It was because it formed an unfair super team. He also bull dozes his way down the lane and never gets called for anything. It just looks phony to many people. It isn't just me. Most of my friends don't even watch the NBA and I hang around people that love sports.

I really don't want to make this a LeBron bash a thon Post but a lot of people quit watching that I know after he joined Miami. It was because it formed an unfair super team. He also bull dozes is way down the lane and never gets called for anything. It just looks phony to many people. It isn't just me. Most of my friends don't even watch the NBA and I hang around people that love sports.

It's the fact that the media compares him to Jordan that rubs me the wrong way. They are so desperate to have someone that is the greatest, that they'll latch on to this guy and overlook the fact that he had to form a superteam to win his NBA Championships, and he is a horrible leader that doesn't want the ball in clutch moments. Which is the complete opposite of Jordan and why he is great. Enough talking about it though, lol.

That's impressive, and it has to be satisfying when a student of yours succeeds.

it is  

Just in the past 7 years Princeton has won 2 Basketball State Titles and Jackie Young was the 2015-2016 Indiana Miss Basketball and Naismith POY and holds the Indiana High School Scoring record

It's the fact that the media compares him to Jordan that rubs me the wrong way. They are so desperate to have someone that is the greatest, that they'll latch on to this guy and overlook the fact that he had to form a superteam to win his NBA Championships, and he is a horrible leader that doesn't want the ball in clutch moments. Which is the complete opposite of Jordan and why he is great. Enough talking about it though, lol.

I agree and we will keep it at that since this is a Baseball Thread lmao. When the Baseball season starts this thread should be fun. There are others that know about this Thread too that are awesome Posters.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree and we will keep it at that since this is a Baseball Thread lmao. When the Baseball season starts this thread should be fun. There are others that know about this Thread too that are awesome Posters.

Sorry about hijacking the thread but I am very hyped over the ND Lady Irish

I honestly am having more fun talking on  this thread already than the Braves forum. They try to talk analytical and just rub me the wrong way with their snootiness. Lot more relaxed here, we can still have intelligent conversation and discuss stats and players, and it's with much better people that I know and like to chat with. Thank you to whoever created this thread. It'll be a nice change of pace than everyone pointing out WAR for every single player and subject that comes up.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I honestly am having more fun talking on  this thread already than the Braves forum. They try to talk analytical and just rub me the wrong way with their snootiness. Lot more relaxed here, we can still have intelligent conversation and discuss stats and players, and it's with much better people that I know and like to chat with. Thank you to whoever created this thread. It'll be a nice change of pace than everyone pointing out WAR for every single player and subject that comes up.

There are several others on here that will Post too come Baseball season like M Colts M, Brent, Ruston Rifle, etc..

There are several others on here that will Post too come Baseball season like M Colts M, Brent, Ruston Rifle, etc..

It'll be a good time. We don't all root for the same teams, but we all enjoy baseball, and can have a great time chatting about it together.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Coltsfansince65, Myles, and Radiogirl will post too. Buccolts used to -- he is a Pirates fan.

Archived