Jay Kirk

ALL MLB 2017 Cubs Repeat ?

3,076 posts in this topic

Former Cub and Card Jason Motte was on the other end of the remarks that got Kevin Pillar suspended

2 people like this

Here's some History 101 Baseball! The list of World Series Champions since the 2000Season:

2000 - NY Yankees Repeat Champion, they won in 1998 and 99(3peat)

2001 - Arizona Diamondbacks

2002 - Anaheim Angels

2003 - Florida Marlins

2004 - Boston RedSox

2005 - Chicago WhiteSox

2006 - St Louis Cardinals

2007 - Boston RedSox

2008 - Philadelphia Phillies

2009 - NY Yankees 103-59, best record of any Champion in AL to win it

2010 - SF Giants

2011 - St Louis Cardinals

2012 - SF Giants

2013 - Boston RedSox

2014 - SF Giants

2015 - KC Royals

2016 - Chicago Cubs 103-58, best record of any Champion since 2000 to win it

The teams with the most Championships since 2000 = SF Giants and Boston RedSox 3, NY Yankees and St Louis Cardinals 2. No team has Repeated since the 2000 Yankees!

4 people like this

14 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cards continue to pursue the International market         https://sports.yahoo.com/news/end-cuban-revolution-coming-soon-luis-roberts-signing-014518825.html

I hope they can make it happen.    The team is loaded with slightly above average talent, but lacking top 10 talent.   Molina may still be the best on the team, but he is losing a step.   

1 person likes this

Butler's control is iffy early. 2 walks already! Brew Crew with 2 on in the 1st Inning but now 2 Outs. Throwing way too many Pitches so far though.

Cubs now lead 3-2, should've scored more in that Inning though! I would've had Baez swing away with bases loaded and no Outs. 2 straight Outs on Bunts actually. Maddon being a nutty scientist again LOL.

1 person likes this

Cool to see Kerry Wood announcing up in the booth. He was one of my favorite Cubs. He is great at this announcing stuff! Brew Crew back up 4-3, Cubs should've scored more in the 4th, that may come back to haunt them. Rains are coming down hard.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I hope they can make it happen.    The team is loaded with slightly above average talent, but lacking top 10 talent.   Molina may still be the best on the team, but he is losing a step.   

Lol where have you been , leaving me all alone in here with these rabid Cubs fans ?  :lol: :sarcasm:

3 people like this

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Butler's control is iffy early. 2 walks already! Brew Crew with 2 on in the 1st Inning but now 2 Outs. Throwing way too many Pitches so far though.

Yes he seemed shaky to start in Cards game , but they settled him down. He does have good stuff.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol where have you been , leaving me all alone in here with these rabid Cubs fans ?  :lol: :sarcasm:

Lol. No sarcasm. It's true.

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. No sarcasm. It's true.

I have been the only Cubs fan in here all day, we are the Champions my friend :violin:we are the Champions until the end :violin:lmao. Don't tell that to the Brew Crew though!:argh:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Lol Molina never had a step to lose , slow as a tortoise

Let's see if the Mets can turn it around before June 1st. We have our best healthy pitcher going today. We scored a run in the 1st and made the opposing pitcher work (26 pitches). It is 1-0 in the top of the 2nd.

We need a win tonight. :beg:

1 person likes this

Yanks up 2-1 vs the Rays top of 5th. Severino is laboring but working through it. He has thrown too many pitches. Has had a full count on 4 batters so far. Baby sitting our grandson so he's watching with me.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yanks give up 3 runs in the 7th. now trail 4-2.

Yeah the damn Brew Crew beat my Cubs today! Now 3 back in the NL Central, SMH.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes was expecting some help from the Cubs today maybe tomorrow

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sorry 06. It's a long season. Holiday just tied it at 4 with a 2run HR.

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes was expecting some help from the Cubs today maybe tomorrow

No help today, just bad Butler and bad Pitching again as a whole.

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Brew Crew have a very good team. They swept the Mets, scoring what seemed like 100 runs without Ryan Braun. 

Did Braun play today? I heard he might be traded to the Dodgers. Why now when they have a good chance to win the division?

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Brew Crew have a very good team. They swept the Mets, scoring what seemed like 100 runs without Ryan Braun. 

Did Braun play today? I heard he might be traded to the Dodgers. Why now when they have a good chance to win the division?

In my opinion they have no chance to win the division the bats wont carry them that far , I don't think the pitching overall is not good enough. Just my opinion.

1 person likes this

The Mets won 3-0 over the Angels. That is our first shutout since Opening Day when Syndergaard and the bullpen shut out the Braves.

Nice to see the manager stick with deGrom in the 7th when he had the bases loaded and no outs. He got the next 3 guys out without giving up a run. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets won 3-0 over the Angels. That is our first shutout since Opening Day when Syndergaard and the bullpen shut out the Braves.

Nice to see the manager stick with deGrom in the 7th when he had the bases loaded and no outs. He got the next 3 guys out without giving up a run. 

That's something Warren couldn't do tonight.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

In my opinion they have no chance to win the division the bats wont carry them that far , I don't think the pitching overall is good enough. Just my opinion.

You may be right. But they can trade for pitching. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

In my opinion they have no chance to win the division the bats wont carry them that far , I don't think the pitching overall is not good enough. Just my opinion.

I hope so. I tend to agree with you but they look Good so far.

Just now, NFLfan said:

You may be right. But they can trade for pitching. 

If they do they don't have the depth to replace position players.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope so. I tend to agree with you but they look Good so far.

Playing above their heads . Braun is a great player , wish we had him along with the rest of the League , I'm with PT on The guy that played in Korea  1rst baseman hes hot but they will figure out his weak spot .

They don't have a great Farm System. I will stay with what I said it will come down to the Cubs and Cards.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Playing above their heads . Braun is a great player , wish we had him along with the rest of the League , I'm with PT on The guy that played in Korea  1rst baseman hes hot but they will figure out his weak spot .

I am not a fan of Ryan Braun. I would never want him on my team after what he did to that drug test collector. 

1 person likes this

Its to early to be reading into it. They have a game lead on Cards , 3 on Cubs its far from panic time.

1 person likes this

Just now, NFLfan said:

I am not a fan of Ryan Braun. I would never want him on my team after what he did to that drug test collector. 

Agreed I'm speaking talent wise

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yankees drop game 1 of the series against the Rays 5-4. Need to pick it up again starting tomorrow.

Sorry about that. Good luck tomorrow.

(How did you center that?)

1 person likes this