Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

My Grandmother's family came from Knox County and the patriarch of the family was Wea and/or married into the Tribe

I could become a member of the Wea tribe. I have Wea blood on one side Cherokee on the other

The family name went from DeQuindre to Cary/Carey/Carie

I live in Wea Township, which is on the southern part of Lafayette/Tippecanoe county. The Volunteer fire Dept that I belong to is named Wea Township Fire Dept. 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, GOZER said:

I live in Wea Township, which is on the southern part of Lafayette/Tippecanoe county. The Volunteer fire Dept that I belong to is named Wea Township Fire Dept. 

9 minutes ago, GOZER said:

I live 15-20 mins from Fort Ouiatenon.

As I said my family has strong ties to the Lafayette area

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets-Brewers game starts 5 minutes before.

Have any of you seen this Thames guy? 

Yes I have I agree with PT newness will wear off he will be average and strike out alot. The teams will figure out how to pitch him.

14 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Headly just got tossed from the game, 

What happened?

In the Mets game, Harvey does not have it. He has pitched in and out of trouble. He has thrown 83 pitches in 4 inn. He looks like he does not want to be out there. He is lucky to be down only 2-1. 

29 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What happened?

In the Mets game, Harvey does not have it. He has pitched in and out of trouble. He has thrown 83 pitches in 4 inn. He looks like he does not want to be out there. He is lucky to be down only 2-1. 

He got hit on the hand while bunting at a pitch. The ump felt he took too much time getting back in the batters box. they both started jawing at each other. The ump got right in his face & pointed his finger at him. (which I don't think an umpire should do) He must have said a magic word & got tossed. Joe came out & I thought he might get the hook too but he didn't. I was actually disappointed in Joe. felt he didn't stick up for his player very well there.

Chapman didn't have anything tonight either. He was pulled in the middle of an inning again. He may have had some kind of injury as well. The trainer came out to the mound at one point but he stayed in for another batter. (who got a base hit btw.)

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am late to the party, dozed off actually for a while. Big early season win for the Cubs. Very much needed considering the opponent. Just a 1.5 back now at 18-17. Almost blew it at the end with that error! 

Willson was the Hero of the game who was almost the Goat 

23 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Willson was the Hero of the game who was almost the Goat 

I know they put that on Contreras, but should it really have been on Rizzo? He did blast it to him, but that should have been an easy catch IMO. Scary moment for sure.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

The throw was too hard

From what the announcers said after the game, Contreras had been instructed to throw it hard everytime due to an earlier in the season short hop error.....oh well, his two home runs make up for it anyway!

IMG_0126.JPG

9 minutes ago, GOZER said:

From what the announcers said after the game, Contreras had been instructed to throw it hard everytime due to an earlier in the season short hop error.....oh well, his two home runs make up for it anyway!

IMG_0126.JPG

The other problem was the height of the throw

8 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

What happened to the Mets tonight?

After the Mets tied it up in the 6th, Harvey gives up 3 to 4 runs in the bottom of the 6th. I turned the TV off soon after that.

The Mets have so many injuries to key players -- their ace pitcher (Noah), their captain David Wright, their slugger Yoenis Cespedes and their closer Familia. Two other starting pitchers have been on the DL since before the start of the season. Familia may be out the rest of the year. He had surgery for a blood  clot. Thankfully the Mets have Addison Reed who I think can be a pretty effective closer.

The Mets can't afford to lose more players. 

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol no problem it was a good game and that's what I expect to see when these teams meet

It still wouldn't shock me at all if the Cards win the next 2, they are that dangerous. If the Cubs can get out of St Louis winning 2 of 3 I would be thrilled. Lester is going today.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It still wouldn't shock me at all if the Cards win the next 2, they are that dangerous. If the Cubs can get out of St Louis winning 2 of 3 I would be thrilled. Lester is going today.

The Cards have woke up and been what I expected, Hope you all get a chance to see Sierra play he causes all kinds of problems for defenses. Lol like lightning not to mention very good in CF

1 hour ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Heading to Philly today for an arena game. Will miss the Yankees/Astros today. Hope to catch the Jeter bowl tomorrow.

The Yankees/Astros game was cancelled early today (around 6am this morning) due to the weather. There will be a single-admission double header tomorrow, starting at 2pm. So, you will get to see two games tomorrow. The Jeter ceremony will take place between the two games.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The Yankees/Astros game was cancelled early today (around 6am this morning) due to the weather. There will be a single-admission double header tomorrow, starting at 2pm. So, you will get to see two games tomorrow. The Jeter ceremony will take place between the two games.

Thanks for the info. That made me smile on this dreary day.:thmup:

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards up 5-3 in the 7th but the Cubs just Homered, trying to comeback. No Kris Bryant again. He must really be sick. It's unlike him to miss 2 games in a row and against a team like the Cards.

Some bad viruses going around.

Archived