Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it looks like Schwarber will be leadoff as of now. I am ok with it. Maddon has a nice strategy actually because he has a lot of our speed toward the bottom of the lineup with Baez and Russell. So if our big Hitters fail early in the game we still can win in other ways. Russell has speed and power and so does Baez. The Cubs whole lineup has tons of options. I will miss Fowler though.

Hes doing well wearing the birds

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you will love him. He is a great team player. He is the perfect leadoff hitter to have, decent speed and clutch big game hitting.

Knows the strike zone and looks pretty adept at stealing a base. Seems to get a good jump.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

He will find his way out of hitting funk , needs to shorten swing just a bit.

He really does not have to hit too much. That team is stacked offensively.  If he plays good defense as he always does, they should be okay.

I very much like what I'm seeing from the Cards starting staff everyone seems healthy and sharp. I don't think they will be playing second fiddle to anyone in that respect and would even be better if Reyes was not lost. I'm also very impressed with the way bull pen looks . Should be another great season for Cards fans . Cant wait for this race in the Central !

Now that Baseball is less than a month away, what is everyone's picks to win Division's, Wildcard teams, Pennant winners, and the World Series winner? Lets see who comes the closest to being right. For each Wildcard team you pick right you get 1 point - the seed of your pick has to be right to get a point here, Division winner pick right 2 points, Pennant winner right 3 points, and World Series winner 5 points. The winner gets a sweet Gold Trophy with their name on it lmao 

Here are mine:

AL East - Boston Red Sox

AL Central - Cleveland Indians

AL West - Houston Astros - Going out on a limb here

2 Wildcards - Texas Rangers = 4th Seed

Toronto Blue Jays = 5th Seed

My AL Champion = Boston Red Sox defeat Cleveland Indians 4-3 in the ALCS

NL East - Washington Nationals

NL Central - Chicago Cubs

NL West - SF Giants over the Dodgers, Dodgers won last year

2 Wildcards - LA Dodgers = 4th Seed

St. Louis Cardinals = 5th Seed, I was splitting hairs between the Cards and NY Mets. I just don't see the same exact teams getting in this season as the law of averages are against that. Just like in the AL, I have the Astros getting in by winning their Division. They missed the Playoffs last season.

My NL Champion = Chicago Cubs defeat SF Giants 4-2 in the NLCS

My World Series Champion = Chicago Cubs defeat Boston Red Sox 4-3

5 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I very much like what I'm seeing from the Cards starting staff everyone seems healthy and sharp. I don't think they will be playing second fiddle to anyone in that respect and would even be better if Reyes was not lost. I'm also very impressed with the way bull pen looks . Should be another great season for Cards fans . Cant wait for this race in the Central !

I think you guys make the Playoffs, see above. It will be between you guys and NFLfan's Mets IMO for the final Wildcard spot IMO.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Now that Baseball is less than a month away, what is everyone's picks to win Division's, Wildcard teams, Pennant winners, and the World Series winner? Lets see who comes the closest to being right. For each Wildcard team you pick right you get 1 point - the seed of your pick has to be right to get a point here, Division winner pick right 2 points, Pennant winner right 3 points, and World Series winner 5 points. The winner gets a sweet Gold Trophy with their name on it lmao 

Here are mine:

AL East - Boston Red Sox

AL Central - Cleveland Indians

AL West - Houston Astros - Going out on a limb here

2 Wildcards - Texas Rangers = 4th Seed

Toronto Blue Jays = 5th Seed

My AL Champion = Boston Red Sox defeat Cleveland Indians 4-3 in the ALCS

NL East - Washington Nationals

NL Central - Chicago Cubs

NL West - SF Giants over the Dodgers, Dodgers won last year

2 Wildcards - LA Dodgers = 4th Seed

St. Louis Cardinals = 5th Seed, I was splitting hairs between the Cards and NY Mets. I just don't see the same exact teams getting in this season as the law of averages are against that. Just like in the AL, I have the Astros getting in by winning their Division. They missed the Playoffs last season.

My NL Champion = Chicago Cubs defeat SF Giants 4-2 in the NLCS

My World Series Champion = Chicago Cubs defeat Boston Red Sox 4-3

Lol I think the Cards and Nats slug it out in the NLCS order of finish as far as seeds I will not touch. Ask me at Allstar break .haha

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think you guys make the Playoffs, see above. It will be between you guys and NFLfan's Mets IMO for the final Wildcard spot IMO.

I will differ in only one team coming out of the west  and the Mets make it.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Lol I think the Cards and Nats slug it out in the NLCS order of finish as far as seeds I will not touch. Ask me at Allstar break .haha

Could be, this is why this stuff is curious to see what everyone's before seasons picks are so we can go back and get a good laugh. Those are tough to do. If the Cubs don't win the NL Central it will most certainly be the Cards IMO.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Could be, this is why this stuff is curious to see what everyone's before seasons picks are so we can go back and get a good laugh. Those are tough to do. If the Cubs don't win the NL Central it will most certainly be the Cards IMO.

Yes they are far above the rest Pitt. would be a real long shot IMO but who knows.

I like the Giants more than I do the Dodgers in the West. The Mets will be good but not sure if they will finish with a better record than the Dodgers will.

I agree don't see the Dodgers making it as long as SF stays healthy.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Pirates are a strange streaky team, you are right who knows? This is why this stuff is fun. I just always like to see how close I come on stuff like this for fun.

Will watch the AL and let you know around All Star break but right now I like the Rangers

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rangers are a safe pick because they are always good but I have seen a lot of people picking the Astros to win that Division and I have looked the Astros Roster, it isn't too bad.

I have the Astros winning the division as of now. Altuve, Correa, Springer is so good. If Kuechel and McCullers are back, they will be very good.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes I have been love evaluating young talent

I do the same, and pick up and drop players repeatedly in fantasy money leagues. Picked up Glasnow in every league and dropped him for Aaron Nola in every league already lol. I'm obsessed.

Man you had major bragging rights back in the 90's being a Braves fan. I know you only won 1 WS but you still won 1 and you guys dominated the NL a lot. Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz!

Absolutely! I was born in 87, so I didn't remember a ton of it. I remember the WS in 95 we won though, and 14 straight division titles. Very good times. Hope we return to prominence very soon. The future looks bright with our farm system, and the help of Dave Stewart and the D-Backs! LOL!

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Absolutely! I was born in 87, so I didn't remember a ton of it. I remember the WS in 95 we won though, and 14 straight division titles. Very good times. Hope we return to prominence very soon. The future looks briht with our farm system, and the help of Dave Stewart and the D-Backs! LOL!

That is a fun way to grow up watching that greatness.

That is a fun way to grow up watching that greatness.

Absolutely! I couldn't hit like chipper when I played little league, so I practiced hitting down the 3rd baseline. I would single, steal 2nd, steal 3rd, and make it home on a hit or sac fly. The umpires hated when i stole bases because it was little league, but they allowed it. Never hit a HR til high school, but baseball is the most fun to play of any sport, IMO.

I like the Roster as well. The Rangers always seem to be solid though, that should be a great race.

Darvish and Hamels will be a fantastic 1,2 combo at pitcher. If one of them is bad though, I think the Rangers will struggle. Astros could make the playoffs if Kuechel struggles IMO. It'll be a close race of two very talented teams. I think the Rangers youth could make the difference. Odor is a huge wildcard as well as Mazara.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Absolutely! I couldn't hit like chipper when I played little league, so I practiced hitting down the 3rd baseline. I would single, steal 2nd, steal 3rd, and make it home on a hit or sac fly. The umpires hated when i stole bases because it was little league, but they allowed it. Never hit a HR til high school, but baseball is the most fun to play of any sport, IMO.

I compare the Braves to the 90's to the Colts when we had Peyton. Just beautiful the way those 2 franchises played for years. I am glad the Braves got their Championship like the Colts did because that validates all of their other wins.

Archived