Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards came back to win 6-5, doesn't shock me. They are playing really well right now. Cubs still up 5-0.

Yes they are Sierra who was called up from high class A for the OF has made the most of it , blazing speed , causes problems for defenses, and was a major part in that comeback . Fowler drove him in for the winning run. They have not used Fowler in the field yet has been throwing on the side. They are not rushing it and letting shoulder get back to normal. He is on the bench as a hitter. The Cards are deep in the farm , Sierra was not the best option but was already on 40 man roster. If not for that it would've been Bader or Cunningham. Jed Gyrko has settled in at 3rd and probably has won that job. If he keeps it up I can see them signing him longterm.

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards came back to win 6-5, doesn't shock me. They are playing really well right now. Cubs still up 5-0.

In a lot of respects these 2 teams are very much alike. As you said before they are both very capable of running off long winning streaks Cards have won 6 straight on the Road. Some didn't realize they had the best road win % in baseball last year and that's what puzzeled me why not at home.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Remember Everything Will Be Okay

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Busch Stadium will be rockin , the Cubs will be well represented there but its a great time . Both cities treat the others fans with respect.

23 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I try to remember that. I saw someone wearing a t-shirt with your mantra written on it. I took a picture and thought of posting it but it was too big.

So, the Mets lost one this afternoon. In the 7th, I checked the score while I was at work. I think it was 3-2. I think the closer gave up 4 runs in the 9th. We lost 6-5.

I think the Mets are off tomorrow and play the Brew Crew on Friday.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I try to remember that. I saw someone wearing a t-shirt with your mantra written on it. I thought of posting it but it was too big.

So, the Mets lost one this afternoon. In the 7th, I checked the score while I was at work. I think it was 3-2. I think the closer gave up 4 runs in the 9th. We lost 6-5.

Mets have been playing better though correct ?

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I try to remember that. I saw someone wearing a t-shirt with your mantra written on it. I took a picture and thought of posting it but it was too big.

I think the Mets are off tomorrow and play the Brew Crew on Friday.

Cubs and Cards are off Thursday too

8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Mets have been playing better though correct ?

Yes. They have been hitting a lot better since Cespedes has been out. They are less reliant on the home run. 

We were about to get the sweep today. The closer gets the double play grounder but the 3rd baseman tries to rush it and makes the error that leads to 4 runs. Ugh.

Let's see how they fare this weekend. 

10 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Looking forward to it and if I were you I wouldn't stress it anything can happen.

It's all good, win/lose I love my team, just know that they're better then what they're currently displaying. Looking forward to this series against a tough opponent!:rock: 

16 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Looking forward to it and if I were you I wouldn't stress it anything can happen.

It will be an interesting series. Cards are red hot and the Cubs are slumping. Baseball is a game of hot steaks, Cubs may catch fire this weekend and the Cards may struggle, who knows? This season has been real up and down regarding many teams. Anything can happen this weekend.

Cards ended up winning the wife and I went to bed and were finishing game but didn't see end Got hammered by a storm about 10.45pm power went out we went out to go to work tree fell on top of power line covering drive no other way to get out . If that wasn't bad enough had attached line running across ground right in front of wifes car and across the hood of my car. So we were going nowhere till power company got there. Just got power back at 8pm. More of Terre Haute hammered as well may be up to 7 days till all power restored.

8 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cards ended up winning the wife and I went to bed and were finishing game but didn't see end Got hammered by a storm about 10.45pm power went out we went out to go to work tree fell on top of power line covering drive no other way to get out . If that wasn't bad enough had attached line running across ground right in front of wifes car and across the hood of my car. So we were going nowhere till power company got there. Just got power back at 8pm. More of Terre Haute hammered as well may be up to 7 days till all power restored.

Man that sucks! Glad you guys were ok.

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Sounds bad up there

I am somewhat shocked we didn't lose power since most of our Power comes from Central Indiana even though one of the world's largest Coal Power Plant is about 10 Miles away and Own by our Provider

9 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Glad to hear that you and yours are okay

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Sounds bad up there

I am somewhat shocked we didn't lose power since most of our Power comes from Central Indiana even though one of the world's largest Coal Power Plant is about 10 Miles away and Own by our Provider

Makes perfect sense doesn't it ? Lol

Archived