Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hey, the Cubs now have 2 Touchdowns! and lead 14-3.

This game is in the bag. Go check out the 2017 Forum Mock Draft. Tell us if you like the picks for the Colts. And which drafts do you like best. Write the comments there. :)

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NFLfan said:

This game is in the bag. Go check out the 2017 Forum Mock Draft. Tell us if you like the picks for the Colts. And which drafts do you like best. Write the comments there. :)

Already have but I am bit a partial to one team but I guess I could take credit for several teams

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Already have but I am bit a partial to one team but I guess I could take credit for several teams

I liked your draft.

Btw, I edited my post above and posted the link to the mock draft results.

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

It's tough to judge any Draft for any team and Mock's are crapshoots basically. That is why I never do them. Yeah they are fun and I would love to do an all-time Draft regarding greatest players as that would be real fun and more up my alley. I would take Peyton #1 if I had that first pick. Having said that I would take Lamp at #15 come Thursday night, he helps build a bigger wall on the Colts O.Line and is a safe pick. He and Kelly together protecting Luck would be fun to watch and follow. Protecting Luck is priority 1. In the 2nd Round I would definitely take the Best Pass Rusher available - have no clue who that may be but we need one badly, 3rd Round Best CB available - we should be able to get a Good one here and need one badly. It's impossible to do a Mock because I have no clue who will be there after Round 1. I think Lamp will be there at 15 though.

-I am just glad the draft is almost finally here. I am off work Thursday and will watch the whole 1st Round. It will be interesting to see where some of these Top Pass Rushers, Top CB's, and Lamp go? I also am curious to see if Watson goes in Round 1?

A great Baseball topic would be: As a fan of your favorite team, what are your 3 favorite seasons watching?

Mine are as a Cubs fan

1. 2016 of course as we won it all.

2. 1984, when I first became a fan. We were the best team in the NL all season but it didn't end well in the Playoffs unfortunately. I started following the Cubs that season and loved Ryne Sandberg and Rick Sutcliffe. Loved the way Harry called games as well.

3. 1987 - Yes 1987, Dawson's MVP season. His 49 HR season had me watching all summer long! We weren't a good team but Dawson's season was one for the ages.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A great Baseball topic would be: As a fan of your favorite team, what are your 3 favorite seasons watching?

Mine are as a Cubs fan

1. 2016 of course as we won it all.

2. 1984, when I first became a fan. We were the best team in the NL all season but it didn't end well in the Playoffs unfortunately. I started following the Cubs that season and loved Ryne Sandberg and Rick Sutcliffe. Loved the way Harry called games as well.

3. 1987 - Yes 1987, Dawson's MVP season. His 49 HR season had me watching all summer long! We weren't a good team but Dawson's season was one for the ages.

Not sure I can name three since I followed players not always teams growing up

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I forgot how much I loved the truly local broadcasts 

What do you like about them?

I like them too but not the "homer" ones. If you listen to the late Bob Murphy and Gary Cohen, you would see how much respect they gave to players on opposing teams. I knew the opposing players a lot more when I was younger. Much of that was due to Murphy and Cohen. 

Baseball had some of the best announcers: Vin Scully, Erie Harwell, Bob Murphy, lots more that I am missing.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

What do you like about them?

I like them too but not the "homer" ones. If you listen to the late Bob Murphy and Gary Cohen, you would see how much respect they gave to players on opposing teams. I knew the opposing players a lot more when I was younger. Much of that was due to Murphy and Cohen. 

Baseball had some of the best announcers: Vin Scully, Erie Harwell, Bob Murphy, lots more that I am missing.

The way They talked about their families and friends and local hotspots that only locals would know

22 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You came to mind today. I was reading about the death of Erin Moran (Joanie on Happy Days) who was living in southern Indiana. I wondered if it was close to where you are. 

I'm guessing about an hour from us both , Heard she died of throat cancer.

Archived