Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get every game locally, it's on channel 10 today lmao. If it isn't on 1741 or 1742, it's on the MLB Channel 1634 = U-Verse or channel 10 locally. WNDY, Jay Kirk you should be able to get WNDY - channel 10, it's on there brother.

MLB channel blacked it out here

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Beautiful story NFLfan. It's hearing about things we experience such as this that gives us joy in knowing we are alive.

I read the links & watched the videos you posted in the previous post. Simply breathtaking. I was not even aware of Rod Carew's condition before.

I hope you & your family & all the members here have a wonderful Easter. I'm hoping to watch my Yankees take game #2 from the Cards today.

Was a good game the Cards lost 4 to 3 but they are starting to come around , I like a lot more of what I'm starting to see.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you! The same to you and your family.

Have the Yankees won 5 in a row? I believe I heard that on WFAN earlier. What about Tanaka! He got the win. Yanks playing the Cards? Seems strange this early in the year.

Enjoy the game. 

Yes. The Yanks go for 6 today. They've scored a run without putting a ball in play. Through two innings the Cards pitcher has walked 6 & struck out 6. Yanks lead 1-0. The run scored on a wild pitch.

2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yes. The Yanks go for 6 today. They've scored a run without putting a ball in play. Through two innings the Cards pitcher has walked 6 & struck out 6. Yanks lead 1-0. The run scored on a wild pitch.

Lol maybe I spoke to soon up above

1 hour ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yanks win their 6th in a row 3-2. CC pitched well getting into the 8th inning when the bullpen really needed a rest. Clippard gives up a HR to Piscotty in the 9th. (he's given up 2 hits & they're both HRs.)

Tomorrow the Yanks go for the sweep.

Nice win

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs lose 8-7, not my day sports wise. Bryant did Homer twice.

Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel better, no team is running away with their division. Mets lost yesterday too -- we had Noah on the mound and he left with a split nail that caused bleeding. Really weird. He has had two starts shortened by a finger-related problem (less than 90 pitches thrown each time).

You know what PT says...

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel better, no team is running away with their division. Mets lost yesterday too -- we had Noah on the mound and he left with a split nail that caused bleeding. Really weird. He has had two starts shortened by a finger-related problem (less than 90 pitches thrown each time).

You know what PT says...

Yeah the Cubs loss was coupled by the Pacers losing is why I said it wasn't my day. Pacers lost by 1 point and blew a golden opportunity to win Game 1 at Cleveland. Regarding the Cubs, I am not worried about them but I am bit surprised the Pirates have beat them 2 days in a row.

49 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Cubs loss was coupled by the Pacers losing is why I said it wasn't my day. Pacers lost by 1 point and blew a golden opportunity to win Game 1 at Cleveland. Regarding the Cubs, I am not worried about them but I am bit surprised the Pirates have beat them 2 days in a row.

Why?

Are the Cubs too good?   ;)

The Marlins hitters are so good. Mets were leading 4-2 with 2 outs in the 8th. Great pitched game by deGrom, striking out 13. I don't know why the manager removed him. He had a 90 something pitch count. He struck out the side in the 7th. Why take him out?!

As I am writing, Miami takes the lead. 3 runs scored in the 8th. Back to back HRs by Yelish and Stanton. :(

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Marlins hitters are so good. Mets were leading 4-2 with 2 outs in the 8th. Great pitched game by deGrom, striking out 13. I don't know why the manager removed him. He had a 90 something pitch count. He struck out the side in the 7th. Why take him out?!

As I am writing, Miami takes the lead. 3 runs scored in the 8th. Back to back HRs by Yelish and Stanton. :(

Damn I am not watching, what's it on? I may have to go ESPN to follow the ending.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did the Mets hit any HRs tonight? I know they have been banging them out so far.

Mets lost 5-4. That is a very disappointing loss. Once again this year, the Mets are wasting great pitching. DeGrom has pitched very well and has had 3 no decisions. He should have pitched the 8th with a 2-run lead and allowed to win the game

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Mets lost 5-4. That is a very disappointing loss. Once again this year, the Mets are wasting great pitching. DeGrom has pitched very well and has had 3 no decisions. He should have pitched the 8th with a 2-run lead and allowed to win the game

Sorry for that loss. Things will even themselves out.

Everything will be alright.......

I wonder if the Marlins will sell off their players again. I would love to have a few of them. They must have the best batting average in the NL. And the have played 6 games against Mets pitching (2 against Syndergaard, 1 against DeGrom).

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I wonder if the Marlins will sell off their players again. I would love to have a few of them. They must have the best batting average in the NL. And the have played 6 games against Mets pitching (2 against Syndergaard, 1 against DeGrom).

It is shocking how the ownership treated that team in the past. They just didn't win one WS, they won 2. They are pretty good Offensively.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is shocking how the ownership treated that team in the past. They just didn't win one WS, they won 2. They are pretty good Offensively.

They are REALLY good offensively. Jared should be watching them. People know Stanton but Yelish, Rojas, Dee Gordon, Ozuna, and others are all hitting very well. They remind me of last year's Cubs except they may have even better hitters. They get on base and they are clutch. They don't have the Cubs pitching though. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

They are REALLY good offensively. Jared should be watching them. People know Stanton but Yelish, Rojas, Dee Gordon, Ozuna, and others are all hitting very well. They remind me of last year's Cubs except they may have even better hitters. They get on base and they are clutch. They don't have the Cubs pitching though. 

I keep track of the Marlins a bit. Their OF is excellent, and the C, Realmuto, has dominated this year when playing. Their whole offense is excellent, and the team will go as far as their pitching staff can carry them.

Nice story about Adam Wainwright visiting Yankees Stadium. The last time he was there was the night before Sept. 11th. He was scheduled to meet with financial advisors at Lehman Brothers, located in the World Trade Center on that tragic day. He did not go. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/st-louis-cardinals/post/_/id/3079/adam-wainwright-cherishing-return-to-the-bronx

19 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

He left with 8 walks but he also had 11 strike outs.  :dunno:

His control was off because of mechanics , when he gets to falling off the mound to first base side that's what happens. If you can look at videos , they will correct this by his next outing. He does have electric stuff really I don't see anyone out there with better. The Cards beat themselves yesterday , thrustrating to me but they will get it under control.

Archived