Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:50 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People are going to hate and say 108 years but if you look at our resume over the last 3 seasons, it looks like this:

2015 = 97-65, beat Pirates in the WildCard Game, beat the Cards in the NLDS, lost to the Mets in the NLCS but we made it that far.

2016 = 103-58, (Division Champs) beat MadBum's Giants in the NLDS, beat Kershaw's Dodgers in the NLCS, and beat the Indians in the World Series.

2017 = 92-70, (Division Champs) just beat a loaded Nats team who was favored in Vegas in the NLDS. So lets see what happens now vs the mighty Dodgers! Even we lose I would take that 3 year run anyday! We have defended well but the Dodgers are loaded.

We are worn out, so this! Cubs fans have nothing to feel bad about, we are playing a team that is super hungry to get back to the WS (they haven't been since 1988). I am ok tonight and you Cubs fans should be too. The Haters are loving this but in reality we are the underdogs in this series. We also defended our Title really well by winning the Division again and beating a favored Washington team in the NLDS. We are just out of gas. We have our Ring and that really is the key here. We also didn't lose in the NLDS, we are the first defending Champ to make it this far since the 2011 Cards. Let that sink in. Most defending Champs stink the next season. Goodnight everyone, we are still the defending World Champs at least for 1 more day. Go get em Jake tomorrow night!

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's is definitely an accomplishment to be one of 4 teams left at this point, especially after winning World Series. Proud of my Cubbies, just don't like to watch them play with seemingly little effort....and boy does Epstein have his work cut out for him fixing this Bullpen in the offseason. They do look worn out.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are worn out, so this! Cubs fans have nothing to feel bad about, we are playing a team that is super hungry to get back to the WS (they haven't been since 1988). I am ok tonight and you Cubs fans should be too. The Haters are loving this but in reality we are the underdogs in this series. We also defended our Title really well by winning the Division again and beating a favored Washington team in the NLDS. We are just out of gas. We have our Ring and that really is the key here. We also didn't lose in the NLDS, we are the first defending Champ to make it this far since the 2011 Cards. Let that sink in. Most defending Champs stink the next season. Goodnight everyone, we are still the defending World Champs at least for 1 more day. Go get em Jake tomorrow night!

What a bunch of rubbish.

1. You're kinda pre-mature with this, aren't you? They still have one more loss to accomplish, don't they? In last year's WS they came back from 3-1 didn't they? Well, you know your team much better than I care to, so maybe you're right. Maybe they're just not good enough.

2. How do you figure that they're losing this year, because they're exhausted from being in the playoffs the past couple of years. Boy, they must be beat. Maybe they're just not good enough this year. Maybe the Dodgers are just that much better this year. They had a great second half. You often said they peeked at the right time, and laughed at the Dodgers fall off late. Maybe it wasn't peeking at the right time for the Cubbies, and they're crashing now. Maybe it's the Dodgers who peeked at the right time.

Win or lose, they're still having a good season. Enjoy it. It's the first time in 108 years Cubs fans can REALLY be proud of their team. You don't have to make excuses for it.

4 hours ago, buccolts said:

What a bunch of rubbish.

1. You're kinda pre-mature with this, aren't you? They still have one more loss to accomplish, don't they? In last year's WS they came back from 3-1 didn't they? Well, you know your team much better than I care to, so maybe you're right. Maybe they're just not good enough.

2. How do you figure that they're losing this year, because they're exhausted from being in the playoffs the past couple of years. Boy, they must be beat. Maybe they're just not good enough this year. Maybe the Dodgers are just that much better this year. They had a great second half. You often said they peeked at the right time, and laughed at the Dodgers fall off late. Maybe it wasn't peeking at the right time for the Cubbies, and they're crashing now. Maybe it's the Dodgers who peeked at the right time.

Win or lose, they're still having a good season. Enjoy it. It's the first time in 108 years Cubs fans can REALLY be proud of their team. You don't have to make excuses for it.

I can tell by the way they are playing, we so overused our Pitching in the Washington series and they aren't winning 4 in a row against a stacked Dodgers team. I am one that never counts out my team but down 0-3 means it is basically over. 1 team in league history over 110 years has come back from 0-3 so come on man.

-Also not making excuses for it, just giving my opinion is to why they are losing as some Cubs fans are really down right now. I am OK and have enjoyed Baseball more than ever as in my lifetime over the last 3 years.

Bryant with a chance for some insurance runs and blows it. We WILL NOT come back and win this series unless Rizzo/Bryant figure out wth is going on with their batting.

Here we go, top of the 9th, Dodgers up to bat down 1 run. Hopefully Davis can close this out, if not, season is over.

2 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Finally someone else in here!!!! lol, was getting pretty lonely!!!!!

Yeah I was over at my parents neighbors house watching the game but he crashed. Otherwise I would've been here. 1 game at a time, yes I gave up in my speech Post and it is still a long shot but we are still alive. We had Jake tonight, now we don't so we will see.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that would be something if we win tonight, that would make them sweat a little and get their fans a little worried.

Yeah reading some of the Dodgers fans comments on different websites they pretty much thought they had it in the bag last night.....a lot of hate being thrown at the Cubs. Would love for our Cubs to win the next 3 games and shut them up, I know, It'll be tough, but it can be done. Maybe Bryant and Rizzos bats will wake up? Baez sure did last night!

GoCubsGo!

2 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Yeah reading some of the Dodgers fans comments on different websites they pretty much thought they had it in the bag last night.....a lot of hate being thrown at the Cubs. Would love for our Cubs to win the next 3 games and shut them up, I know, It'll be tough, but it can be done. Maybe Bryant and Rizzos bats will wake up? Baez sure did last night!

GoCubsGo!

Yeah being realistic it is a long shot we come back but I say tonight's game is 50/50 being at home.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah being realistic it is a long shot we come back but I say tonight's game is 50/50 being at home.

Best case scenario Kershaw goes deep but we win so that we use him up for game 7. Very very long shot. Cubs pitching just struggling to throw strikes and Dodgers batters are being very patient. Somehow have to get them under pressure and swinging at pitches. Get a good lead early or get them pressing at home. We definitely need the top of the order to wake up!

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:50 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

People are going to hate and say 108 years but if you look at our resume over the last 3 seasons, it looks like this:

2015 = 97-65, beat Pirates in the WildCard Game, beat the Cards in the NLDS, lost to the Mets in the NLCS but we made it that far.

2016 = 103-58, (Division Champs) beat MadBum's Giants in the NLDS, beat Kershaw's Dodgers in the NLCS, and beat the Indians in the World Series.

2017 = 92-70, (Division Champs) just beat a loaded Nats team who was favored in Vegas in the NLDS. So lets see what happens now vs the mighty Dodgers!

It's been a fun 3 year ride folks but the Champs down big in the 3rd (7-0). Looks like a loss in the NLCS. Dodgers should go on to win the WS.

10 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Cubs will be a threat every season for the next so many years. They're too talented not to be in the picture. But this is awesome right now

Dodgers are pretty loaded, very impressive lineup + they have a great BullPen and Kershaw. Nats are really loaded too in the NL but can never seem to get over the hump. At least we didn't get swept because the Dodgers look like a freakin machine.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dodgers are pretty loaded, very impressive lineup + they have a great BullPen and Kershaw. Nats are really loaded too in the NL but can never seem to get over the hump. At least we didn't get swept because the Dodgers loo like a freakin machine.

Might get old time baseball with a Dodgers-Yankees WS. I'd be down with that

Heck of a season, Cubs are a better team then they showed this series.....but all good things must come to an end. Still proud of my team and will be a Cubs fan for life. Interested to see what happens this off season, Epstiens got his work cut out for him. 

Getting a kick out out of all the shade being thrown at my Cubbies online, especially by those who's team didn't even make the playoffs:dunno: oh well......

IMG_0489.JPG

25 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Heck of a season, Cubs are a better team then they showed this series.....but all good things must come to an end. Still proud of my team and will be a Cubs fan for life. Interested to see what happens this off season, Epstiens got his work cut out for him. 

Getting a kick out out of all the shade being thrown at my Cubbies online, especially by those who's team didn't even make the playoffs:dunno: oh well......

IMG_0489.JPG

We have nothing to be ashamed of, we got beat by a better team. So it isnt a choke and like I posted the other night we were out of gas being in 3 straight NLCS's and a WS. Jake saved us from getting swept. Dodgers loaded up and even picked up Darvish. They are a hungry team.

Archived