Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For any Cubs fans out there if you get a chance I'd say to go to a blog called Bleacher Nation http://www.bleachernation.com/ . It was started by an attorney who now just blogs for the Cubs with 3 other people. It is a really good blog and has a lot of information and links to other stories in just the one place.

For other baseball fans they also have a blog valled Baseball Is Fun http://www.bleachernation.com/baseballisfun/ . They have a lot of different articles that will show some of the fun stuff that goes on in baseball with some other articles.  Ive been reading for so long and always thought they were an interesting read

17 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

How do you feel as a Cub fan that since Contreas didn't hustle and Happ got thrown out at 3? Like I feel it is hard with him just coming back from injury. Am mad that Happ went to third on that play

He's been told to take it easy, pre hammy Contreras would have been there easy. Im sure it's tough for him to have to do that with his speed! You're right, Happ should have stayed....

Cubs lead 5-2 after Contreras hits a 2 run single!!!!

4 minutes ago, GOZER said:

He's been told to take it easy, pre hammy Contreras would have been there easy. Im sure it's tough for him to have to do that with his speed! You're right, Happ should have stayed....

Cubs lead 5-2 after Contreras hits a 2 run single!!!!

It makes sense that they want him to take it easy, and im fine with that. Just annoyed that Happ went and then stop and just do a run down instead. But yes nice

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

Wow Cubs putting a whoopin on the Mets!!! Jen-Ho with a rough outing, hope he can figure it out before his next game. Bummed Davis had a blunder, hope he doesn't get sent down, I think could be pretty good. GoCubsGo!!!!

I like Davis, he just rushed that play at home. Up 3 games heading into a gigantic series vs Cards.

5 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Wow Cubs putting a whoopin on the Mets!!! Jen-Ho with a rough outing, hope he can figure it out before his next game. Bummed Davis had a blunder, hope he doesn't get sent down, I think could be pretty good. GoCubsGo!!!!

Jen-Ho will have time between this and his next start as it is suppose to not be until next year anyway. Davis wont get sent down no reason to. Expanded rosters no minor league teams to play for, no reason to not keep him till the end just in case or just for the fun

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Being at home we should win 2 of 3 vs the Cards but if we play badly and just win 1, it wont be the end of the world. We would still be up 2 games after the weekend.

Good luck . Looking forward to it . Also the 4 in St Louis . One thing I don't want is these 2 teams to take each other out and let the Brewers squeak in . I want one of these 2 representing the Central regardless who it is.

8 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Jen-Ho will have time between this and his next start as it is suppose to not be until next year anyway. Davis wont get sent down no reason to. Expanded rosters no minor league teams to play for, no reason to not keep him till the end just in case or just for the fun

Didnt know that about Jen-Ho not pitching again? Why is that? I could see them sending Davis down and kicking tires on another catcher, if they're still able to....Im not sure how that works once minor league season ends.

6 hours ago, GOZER said:

Didnt know that about Jen-Ho not pitching again? Why is that? I could see them sending Davis down and kicking tires on another catcher, if they're still able to....Im not sure how that works once minor league season ends.

Basically the reason they brought him up was so that Montgomery could go to bullpen and start to get ready for that duty if we are in playoffs. Montgomery was actually taking the place of Arrieta and the hope is he can start next time through or they may just skip the turn since we have an off day. And the Davis part again no reason to send him down. Basically everyone who is on the roster now will stay till OCt 1. Just in case of injury or extra long games they want to have as many people as possible. So both Tseng and Davis will stay up more than likely just in case. Also Davis is the good energy goofy guy that can help having on the team for looseness

Bad call lands the Cards a run, kind of, and now both Lackey and Contreras are ejected!!!!! What a FREAKING JOKE!!!!! Those guys need to control themselves a little better but good God, that was clearly a strike, even the batter knew it!!!!!!!!!

And now Wilsons out to pitch, oh boy.:wall:

Archived