Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win Cubs win! Base hit baby! Avila comes through! Incredible comeback by the Champs!

I TOLD YOU IT WASNT OVER YET!!!!!!! BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!! I just ran a victory lap around the firehouse bay, lol!!!!! 

Just now, GOZER said:

I TOLD YOU IT WASNT OVER YET!!!!!!! BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!! I just ran a victory lap around the firehouse bay, lol!!!!! 

I thought it was over, I should no better brother. The Champs pull it out. Good thing too because the Brewers are winning 5-1. Have to keep pace with them and the Cards.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought it was over, I should no better brother. The Champs pull it out. Good thing too because the Brewers are winning 5-1. Have to keep pace with them and the Cards.

Nah I was just ribbing you, things were looking bleak there for a while. 

IMG_0126.JPG

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Ok. I think I will pick the Reds. They had All-Stars and Gold Glove winners at nearly every position and some went on to be enshrined in the Baseal HoF -- Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, Tony Perez. Pete Rose is definitely HoF worthy. They had other great players like Davey Concepcion. They had a HoF manager in Sparky Anderson.  However, I don't know their pitchers. I need people like @Jay Kirk and @BrentMc11 to tell me what they think. 

The Mets may have had the best pitching amongst those teams but they have only one Hall of Fame player, the late Gary Carter.

NFL of those listed id have to go with the 75 REDS  but I don't go by the won over 100 games as the criteria . There are at least 3 Cardinal teams I would stack up against any of them and stand a really good chance of beating them in a 7 game series and 2 Pittsburg Pirate teams I would put in there as well and be very confident. Oh might even throw the Phillies in there as well.

56 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

NFL of those listed id have to go with the 75 REDS  but I don't go by the won over 100 games as the criteria . There are at least 3 Cardinal teams I would stack up against any of them and stand a really good chance of beating them in a 7 game series and 2 Pittsburg Pirate teams I would put in there as well and be very confident. Oh might even throw the Phillies in there as well.

1985 Cards

Giants just beat the Brewers 2-0. The NL Central Division is starting to look like it's the Cubs to lose now. Standings going into August 22nd are:

1. Cubs 66-57

2. Brewers 65-61 2.5 back (4 in the loss column)

3. Cards 63-61 3.5 back (4 in the loss column)

-These teams still do play each other several more times so it's not over by any means but the Cubs have room for error.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Giants just beat the Brewers 2-0. The NL Central Division is starting to look like it's the Cubs to lose now. Standings going into August 22nd are:

1. Cubs 66-57

2. Brewers 65-61 2.5 back (4 in the loss column)

3. Cards 63-61 3.5 back (4 in the loss column)

-These teams still do play each other several more times so it's not over by any means but the Cubs have room for error.

Lol it can disappear in a hurry

35 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol it can disappear in a hurry

It definitely could, I even posted it's far from over. This been such a strange season that the Cubs could turn around and lose 3 or 4 in a row at any given time and the Cards could win 4 or 5 in a row. Having said that I like where the Cubs stand right now though.

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It definitely could, I even posted it's far from over. This been such a strange season that the Cubs could turn around and lose 3 or 4 in a row at any given time and the Cards could win 4 or 5 in a row. Having said that I like where the Cubs stand right now though.

To follow this up I am not sold on the Dodgers winning it all either. Seems to easy. The media is already having their Rings sized up lmao 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah last I looked Cubs were up 12-6 in the 8th, Cards were down 10-4 in the 8th. With a win tonight and a Cards loss that would put the Cubs up 4.5 games over the Cards. I am hoping the Giants can beat the Brewers again as well. That was 0-0 in the 2nd.

Was checking the scores and it is now 13-6

Archived