Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Thought we had someone else who liked the Indians and a Pirates fan and wheres Myles lol hes a Cards fan and I know there was another Cards fan. PT likes Reds and Cubs.

I'm Reds and Cubs......then Cardinals. :)  

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it's finally here. How you been doing Brent?

A whole lotta stuff with appointments.  They still are not sure what is wrong with me.....but I have felt much better recently.  I should be around more.  Radiogirl bought me a new computer and it is bad fast.  Almost as fast as Jimmy Johns....:spit:

2 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

A whole lotta stuff with appointments.  They still are not sure what is wrong with me.....but I have felt much better recently.  I should be around more.  Radiogirl bought me a new computer and it is bad fast.  Almost as fast as Jimmy Johns....:spit:

Funny stuff. I need a new laptop, anymore this thing is slow.

10 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Thought we had someone else who liked the Indians and a Pirates fan and wheres Myles lol hes a Cards fan and I know there was another Cards fan. PT likes Reds and Cubs.

Buccolts is the Pirates fan. There is a Phillies fan who posted here recently. There are several Reds fans (Dgambill, ColtsBlueFL among others). There are a couple of Orioles fans but they have never posted here.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Funny stuff. I need a new laptop, anymore this thing is slow.

Honestly, I have never had a better PC than this.  It has a 27 inch screen that seems as if it is almost 3D.  I will watch some games or a race on this thing, :)  

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dodgers are due. They have been on the cusp for years but just haven't got over the hump. Not a bad prediction at all.

We have a talented roster; we just need them to stay healthy. We managed to make it to the NLCS despite having 28 players on the disabled list. Hopefully Kazmir can get healthy so we can finally have that deep pitching rotation we've all been waiting for.

1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

Honestly, I have never had a better PC than this.  It has a 27 inch screen that seems as if it is almost 3D.  I will watch some games or a race on this thing, :)  

Yeah for the home that is perfect. I go with laptops mainly because of work. I have had mine for roughly 3 years so I am due for a new one. I usually get a new one about every 3 years.

10 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

:lol: I have been promised one in July lol

1 minute ago, Solon said:

We have a talented roster; we just need them to stay healthy. We managed to make it to the NLCS despite having 28 players on the disabled list. Hopefully Kazmir can get healthy so we can finally have that deep pitching rotation we've all been waiting for.

I have been a Cubs since the 80's, so glad they finally won it all. You guys scared the crap out of me during the NLCS when the Dodgers went up 2-1. I was worried. Kershaw IMO is the best Pitcher in Baseball.

4 minutes ago, Solon said:

Nice to see that former Mets super prospect Scott Kazmir is still in the majors. I loved that kid. He was like what Noah Syndergaard was for us a couple of years ago. The Mets traded Kazmir for Victor  Zambrano (not Carlos who was great for the Cubs). Mets fans were so upset with that trade. One of the worst trades in Mets history.

I have been a Cubs since the 80's, so glad they finally won it all. You guys scared the crap out of me during the NLCS when the Dodgers went up 2-1. I was worried. Kershaw IMO is the best Pitcher in Baseball.

I thought we had a chance once we went up 2-1, but I just didn't feel it. A-Gon was the only one capable of getting a hit. I thought Puig matured a bit in the 2016 playoffs. He didn't hit, but his discipline on the plate impressed me. 

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Went back in past on this thread kinda glancing through , Punters are People too is a fairly big Cub supporter and Gavin did drop in to follow the Cubs . Had forgotten.

Punters are People Too has not been around for a while. I don't think he posted any comments after the Cubs won the WS. When he used to post here, he said he was in his senior year of high school. Maybe college life or work life is keeping him busy. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah for the home that is perfect. I go with laptops mainly because of work. I have had mine for roughly 3 years so I am due for a new one. I usually get a new one about every 3 years.

Mine is 10 years old.  I use it mostly on vacations now.  

1 minute ago, Solon said:

I thought we had a chance once we went up 2-1, but I just didn't feel it. A-Gon was the only one capable of getting a hit. I thought Puig matured a bit in the 2016 playoffs. He didn't hit, but his discipline on the plate impressed me. 

Yes I think the talents there if he gets his head straight

6 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Went back in past on this thread kinda glancing through , Punters are People too is a fairly big Cub supporter and Gavin did drop in to follow the Cubs . Had forgotten.

Yeah Gavin didn't Post much in here but it was because he didn't want to jinx the Cubs is what he Posted once. He, like me and many others were hesitant to celebrate until the whole thing was actually over. I think he would've Posted a lot in here now since we won and ended that curse.

1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

I don't need my readers on this one.  HA!  

Ha. Last weekend I got my first pair of prescription eyeglasses. I can't read without them. It is a bit annoying putting them on and taking them off when I am not reading. haha

Yeah Gavin didn't Post much in here but it was because he didn't want to jinx the Cubs is what he Posted once. He, like me and many others were hesitant to celebrate until the whole thing was actually over. I think he would've Posted a lot in here now since we won and ended that curse.

That is why I posted his reaction to the Cubs victory in the "Remembering Gavin" thread. He was so happy. Thankfully he got to celebrate that before he left us.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Ha. Last weekend I got my first pair of prescription eyeglasses. I can't read without them. It is a bit annoying putting them on and taking them off when I am not reading. haha

:lol: Hit the big 40 ? Lol when mine hit

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

So you only wear them to read?  I have an awful time reading the boxes at the grocery...never take my readers there.  I don't want to look any older than I already do!!! :)  

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am getting close. I can still see pretty well but it's getting tougher at times. Being on the computer a lot doesn't help matters either haha. I am in my mid 40's and things are starting to hit!

2 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

So you only wear them to read?  I have an awful time reading the boxes at the grocery...never take my readers there.  I don't want to look any older than I already do!!! :)  

Yeah, only to read. I have 20/20 vision otherwise.

43 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I am Cubs fan and anyone from the Tri-State so right now I am following The Phillies(Jarad Eickhoff) and Marlins(Don Mattingly)

I watch the Reds since I am in their "home" market, ties to Gibson County and several college roommates from Columbus and Brownstown

Better not forget about the Dodgers because of strong Princeton ties

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I am Cubs fan and anyone from the Tri-State so right I am following The Phillies(Jarad Eickhoff) and Marlins(Don Mattingly)

I watch the Reds since I am in their "home" market, ties to Gibson County and several college roommates from Columbus and Brownstown

Yeah you are another Cubs fan that Posts here a lot. I really like that /M/Colts guy, he seems real cool and he loves the Cubs too.

Archived