Jay Kirk

ALL MLB 2017 Cubs Repeat ?

460 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I missed it. Are they looking good? 

They have been hitting but at this point in Spring pitchers seem to be more fine tuning certain pitches , that makes it more predictable to the hitter. So my answer lol is I don't really know. From what I see though your Mets will be an improved offensive club barring injury. The Cards have not fielded an everyday lineup all spring and its by design to help reduce the wear and tear for the long season. That I feel is a wise move , so far there have been no major injuries to report , unlike the last 2 or 3 years it seems like they limped into the start of the season .

1 person likes this

Baseball starts April 2nd, cant wait. Cubs at St. Louis. It's been a fun offseason enjoying the Championship, now it's time to get focused on going Back to Back. A lot of challengers like the Cards, Dodgers, Giants, Nats, and Mets in the NL. It should be an interesting ride. I will be curious to see if the Indians will Repeat as AL Champions. RedSox look damn great on paper.

2 people like this

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Baseball starts April 2nd, cant wait. Cubs at St. Louis. It's been a fun offseason enjoying the Championship, now it's time to get focused on going Back to Back. A lot of challengers like the Cards, Dodgers, Giants, Nats, and Mets in the NL. It should be an interesting ride. I will be curious to see if the Indians will Repeat as AL Champions. RedSox look damn great on paper.

Lets get the party started lol

2 people like this

By the way Carlos Martinez named opening day Starter for Cards. 5 shutout innings verses the Nats today

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lets get the party started lol

The party will begin! Man I cant wait for April. Great month, Baseball starts and the weather gets warm here for good.

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The United States will win the WBC title no matter what

USA vs Puerto Rico

True. 

Noah Syndergaard should be the Opening Day starter for the Mets. Can't wait for real baseball to start. Anyone going to their team's home opener?

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Noah Syndergaard should be the Opening Day starter for the Mets. Can't wait for real baseball to start. Anyone going to their team's home opener?

Lester is getting the start for the Cubs at St. Louis on opening day. Jake on day 2.

2 people like this

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lester is getting the start for the Cubs at St. Louis on opening day. Jake on day 2.

It is only a couple of weeks away! 

Which team's stadium are you nearest to?  You have to go to a game this year. I plan to attend a few games.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wainright for Cards

2 people like this

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Which team's stadium are you nearest to?  You have to go to a game this year. I plan to attend a few games.

About equal between St Louis Chicago and Cincy

2 people like this

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Almost halfway between St. Louis and Cincinnati 

2 people like this

13 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The United States will win the WBC title no matter what

USA vs Puerto Rico

CONGRATULATIONS USA TEAM, WBC CHAMPS!!!!! A BLOWOUT VICTORY!

USA! USA! USA! 

3 people like this

13 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I am thinking about going to a Cubs game this year but have no idea when. I am around 2 and a half hours from Wrigley and I have a cousin that lives in Chicago. I have been a fan since the mid 80's and have never gone to a Cubs game. I have been to probably over 40 or so Colts games since the mid 80's but never a Cubs game. I used to go Indianapolis Indians games way back in the late 80's when they had Razor Shines. They were the best Triple AAA team of all-time. They won a bunch of AAA Championships.

3 people like this

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am thinking about going to a Cubs game this year but have no idea when. I am around 2 and a half hours from Wrigley and I have a cousin that lives in Chicago. I have been a fan since the mid 80's and have never gone to a Cubs game. I have been to probably over 40 or so Colts games since the mid 80's but never a Cubs game. I used to go Indianapolis Indians games way back in the late 80's when they had Razor Shines. They were the best Triple AAA team of all-time. They won a bunch of AAA Championships.

You should definitely go to a Cubs games. It may be hard to get tickets. When I visited Chicago about 10 years ago, I could not find tickets. 

Unlike you, I have been to many Mets games in Flushing and some games at Yankee Stadium. It is just now that I have begun to attend football games. I have been to at least 75 baseball games but only about 15 football games -- just 2 Vikes games (because I don't live in MN).

Go to a game this year. 

3 people like this

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I plan on going to a few Cubs games this season. I've been to quite a few, always a GREAT time!!!!! Wouldn't mind driving down to Cincinnati some time and catching a Cubs/Reds game, that would be fun!

3 people like this

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You should definitely go to a Cubs games. It may be hard to get tickets. When I visited Chicago about 10 years ago, I could not find tickets. 

Unlike you, I have been to many Mets games in Flushing and some games at Yankee Stadium. It is just now that I have begun to attend football games. I have been to at least 75 baseball games but only about 15 football games -- just 2 Vikes games (because I don't live in MN).

Go to a game this year. 

Yeah I have a friend here in Indy that has a friend who is a lawyer in Chicago as well. He keeps telling me he can get tickets to a game. My cousin may be able to swing tickets too, she makes real good money and knows alot of people. Like I posted, I have been to at least 40 Colts games and even went to a Colts game when they played the Bears in Chicago back in 2004. Peyton tore them up that day! I have been to a bunch of Pacers games too, my mom had season tickets to the Pacers through her work back in the mid 80's when I was a kid. They weren't very good then but Clark Kellogg was a bad man. I had a friend in highschool, his dad always went to Indianapolis Indians games in the late 80's and those games were fun live. I used to go with him and his dad.

2 people like this

After work, I passed by CitiField. 

20170323_172643-1_zpskncyaral.jpg

3 people like this