Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some History 101 Baseball! The list of World Series Champions since the 2000Season:

2000 - NY Yankees Repeat Champion, they won in 1998 and 99(3peat)

2001 - Arizona Diamondbacks

2002 - Anaheim Angels

2003 - Florida Marlins

2004 - Boston RedSox

2005 - Chicago WhiteSox

2006 - St Louis Cardinals

2007 - Boston RedSox

2008 - Philadelphia Phillies

2009 - NY Yankees 103-59, best record of any Champion in AL to win it

2010 - SF Giants

2011 - St Louis Cardinals

2012 - SF Giants

2013 - Boston RedSox

2014 - SF Giants

2015 - KC Royals

2016 - Chicago Cubs 103-58, best record of any Champion since 2000 to win it

The teams with the most Championships since 2000 = SF Giants and Boston RedSox 3, NY Yankees and St Louis Cardinals 2. No team has Repeated since the 2000 Yankees!

14 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cards continue to pursue the International market         https://sports.yahoo.com/news/end-cuban-revolution-coming-soon-luis-roberts-signing-014518825.html

I hope they can make it happen.    The team is loaded with slightly above average talent, but lacking top 10 talent.   Molina may still be the best on the team, but he is losing a step.   

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I hope they can make it happen.    The team is loaded with slightly above average talent, but lacking top 10 talent.   Molina may still be the best on the team, but he is losing a step.   

Lol where have you been , leaving me all alone in here with these rabid Cubs fans ?  :lol: :sarcasm:

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Butler's control is iffy early. 2 walks already! Brew Crew with 2 on in the 1st Inning but now 2 Outs. Throwing way too many Pitches so far though.

Yes he seemed shaky to start in Cards game , but they settled him down. He does have good stuff.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Lol Molina never had a step to lose , slow as a tortoise

Let's see if the Mets can turn it around before June 1st. We have our best healthy pitcher going today. We scored a run in the 1st and made the opposing pitcher work (26 pitches). It is 1-0 in the top of the 2nd.

We need a win tonight. :beg:

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the damn Brew Crew beat my Cubs today! Now 3 back in the NL Central, SMH.

The Brew Crew have a very good team. They swept the Mets, scoring what seemed like 100 runs without Ryan Braun. 

Did Braun play today? I heard he might be traded to the Dodgers. Why now when they have a good chance to win the division?

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Brew Crew have a very good team. They swept the Mets, scoring what seemed like 100 runs without Ryan Braun. 

Did Braun play today? I heard he might be traded to the Dodgers. Why now when they have a good chance to win the division?

In my opinion they have no chance to win the division the bats wont carry them that far , I don't think the pitching overall is not good enough. Just my opinion.

The Mets won 3-0 over the Angels. That is our first shutout since Opening Day when Syndergaard and the bullpen shut out the Braves.

Nice to see the manager stick with deGrom in the 7th when he had the bases loaded and no outs. He got the next 3 guys out without giving up a run. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets won 3-0 over the Angels. That is our first shutout since Opening Day when Syndergaard and the bullpen shut out the Braves.

Nice to see the manager stick with deGrom in the 7th when he had the bases loaded and no outs. He got the next 3 guys out without giving up a run. 

That's something Warren couldn't do tonight.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

In my opinion they have no chance to win the division the bats wont carry them that far , I don't think the pitching overall is good enough. Just my opinion.

You may be right. But they can trade for pitching. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope so. I tend to agree with you but they look Good so far.

Playing above their heads . Braun is a great player , wish we had him along with the rest of the League , I'm with PT on The guy that played in Korea  1rst baseman hes hot but they will figure out his weak spot .

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Playing above their heads . Braun is a great player , wish we had him along with the rest of the League , I'm with PT on The guy that played in Korea  1rst baseman hes hot but they will figure out his weak spot .

I am not a fan of Ryan Braun. I would never want him on my team after what he did to that drug test collector. 

Archived