Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Name three positive things this season.

Colts1324

As painful as this season has been, there are some positives to take out of this season. If I had to name 3, they would be:

1.) Our offensive line has really developed through the later week of the season. Kelly and Luck will be a great combo for the next decade! They may have struggled in pass blocking all year, but they have been solid in run blocking. Excited about this line's future. 

2.) Our tight end group looks very promising. Jack Doyle and Erik Swoope have really developed. We could afford to trade Allen as those 2 are really coming on! 

3.)  Rasheen Melvin and Edwin Jackson were great finds! Edwin Jackson will be one of our starting ILB's next year and Melvin will be a key slot or nickel in the coming seasons. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Run blocking. I thought our run blocking was pretty much good for the majority of the year.

2. Jack Doyle's development. I didn't expect him to play as well as he did this season.

3. Clayton Geathers development. He's never going to be Bob Sanders, but his versatility will surely allow us to create some spicy defensive schemes next season. 

Honestly the fact that we did not make the playoffs. We get better draft position and we would not have made it past the divisional round anyways. 

Luck is back to form.

I think we found a solid LB in Pound Cake, and a situational run stuffer in Morrison. The combination of those two and Geathers makes our defense quite flexible.

O line has vastly improved 2nd half of the season

Lucks decision making has improved ( for the most part)

There are some really good young prospects.....Geathers, Kelly, Doyle, Swoope, E Jackson, Ridgeway, Henry Anderson( when healthy), Clark could be the real deal with an offseason of weights, and even Harrison looks solid at guard and Morrison has flashed towards the end of the year.

#1 Andrew luck is back and had his best year as far as comp% goes

#2 frank gore broke our 100 yards game streak, and he had 2 100 yard games and is close to having 1,000 this year

#3 we will have relatively decent draft position where depth in positions of need is decent (historic if you look at RB)

There are several key things that are to be excited about next year and I expect a huge turn abound next year.

6 minutes ago, twfish said:

#1 Andrew luck is back and had his best year as far as comp% goes

#2 frank gore broke our 100 yards game streak, and he had 2 100 yard games and is close to having 1,000 this year

#3 we will have relatively decent draft position where depth in positions of need is decent (historic if you look at RB)

There are several key things that are to be excited about next year and I expect a huge turn abound next year.

Luck cut down on his INT's as well this season. I think he had a Good season. Also TY Hilton was Very Good this season to add to your list.

Just now, 1959Colts said:

I just don't see how everyone is saying how vastly improved the O-line has gotten.

I thought they stunk today.

They did pretty good against two players that are in the running for DPOY awards in Mack And Irvin. Much better than last year. I see some improvements but yet there's plenty of room for more. 

1.  Gore finally broke the 100yd rushing drought.  Although I feel so sorry for him.  #Ididntcomehereforthis

2.  There is actually a light at the end of the tunnel for this O-line.

3.  Tickets for the Jacksonville game will be so cheap now that I can take my baby to the game and not feel like I'm being bent over by Irsay.

1) We had a pretty solid draft.  The young O-Line players look good. 

2) The TEs are pretty good.  I  actually Allen is the weakest.

3) I think defensively, if we can do to the linebackers what we did with the O-Line this year in the draft, it would make a huge difference.  We have potential on the line but the linebackers are terrible at stopping the run unless they are clean.  And we have zero pass rush.

2 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I agree. Even when they weren't giving up sacks, Luck was still getting getting killed in the backfield. 

I feel that the rookies on the oline have showed promise. Above that the biggiest problem with the oline has to do with play calling. This team has not attempted enough short/quick passe imo. 

1 hour ago, Solon said:

1. Run blocking. I thought our run blocking was pretty much good for the majority of the year.

2. Jack Doyle's development. I didn't expect him to play as well as he did this season.

3. Clayton Geathers development. He's never going to be Bob Sanders, but his versatility will surely allow us to create some spicy defensive schemes next season. 

On Geathers lets hope that neck isn't serious.

2 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I feel that the rookies on the oline have showed promise. Above that the biggiest problem with the oline has to do with play calling. This team has not attempted enough short/quick passe imo. 

Yes, they did show promise. No offense to them but this is the type of promise we needed in year one and not in year five. 

12 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Yes, they did show promise. No offense to them but this is the type of promise we needed in year one and not in year five. 

Grigs and company blew the entire 2013 draft. Holmes and Thornton weren't NFL capable. We are still suffering the consequences of that blown draft and not only on the OL.

1. Luck

2. TY

3. They actually did address our slow-starts issue in the latter half of the season. It was refreshing to see our team play with a lead against teams like Green Bay and Minnesota. I just wish we had done a better job finishing games this season.

4 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

As painful as this season has been, there are some positives to take out of this season. If I had to name 3, they would be:

1.) Our offensive line has really developed through the later week of the season. Kelly and Luck will be a great combo for the next decade! They may have struggled in pass blocking all year, but they have been solid in run blocking. Excited about this line's future. 

2.) Our tight end group looks very promising. Jack Doyle and Erik Swoope have really developed. We could afford to trade Allen as those 2 are really coming on! 

3.)  Rasheen Melvin and Edwin Jackson were great finds! Edwin Jackson will be one of our starting ILB's next year and Melvin will be a key slot or nickel in the coming seasons. 

I agree with trading Allen I've been saying that for a while , we could pick up D -Line help

1) We've got some nice young parts on offence who seem to be on an upward curve and have got good experience this year.

2) The salary cap situation gives us plenty of options going forward. We should be able to fix some of our deficiencies with good choices.

3) The other teams in the division didn't make the step forward which was expected. If a couple of their personnel decisions had worked out better or their young players progressed we could have been facing a much tougher battle in future years.

9 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Yeah, I like Morrison as a run stopper. I also like Geathers if he can come back fully healthy. I don't know his prognosis, though.