Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Le'Raven Clark slated to start again

TKnight24

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LeRaven Clark is gonna be a Pro Bowl player for us...Joe Haeg is looking very good, Kelly is gonna be a pro bowler, Ridgeway is a steal, Morrison is a solid run stopping situational linebacker, Chester Rogers has potential if given opportunity,  Melvin, and Morris are both solid waiver wire pickups, Maggitt is gonna be good, Turbin is good when given reps....I think Grigson really gets a bad rap..Last 2 years he has been great...Pagano is the weak link period...

Grigson is special at finding udfa's , waiver wire guys as well..Look at McGill, Kerr, Edwin Jackson, Chester Rogers, Jack Doyle, Quan Bray, Melvin, Morris, Swoope, Maggitt, Jerrel Freeman, Harrison, and Delono Howell was gonna be good before injuries...Grigson is best in the business at this..Polian never did this..Great thing about this skill is it costs nothing, it's free money..Colts are a coach away, we have a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball..Next year we are gonna be scary even if we keep our bum coach Pagano...

27 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I know a good 90% of us on this forum love beating up Grigson, but looking at this season thus far...... he might have knocked this past draft out the park. Still a lot of time left though so we'll see 

My preference is to not tie them at the hip anymore and let Pagano and his coaches minus Philbin go, and retain Grigson.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

My preference is to not tie them at the hip anymore and let Pagano and his coaches minus Philbin go, and retain Grigson.

I really think Pagano was Irsays pick and Grigson has been stuck with him..I think Grigson has wanted to fire him last couple of years , but Jim won't let him..

23 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Grigson is special at finding udfa's , waiver wire guys as well..Look at McGill, Kerr, Edwin Jackson, Chester Rogers, Jack Doyle, Quan Bray, Melvin, Morris, Swoope, Maggitt, Jerrel Freeman, Harrison, and Delono Howell was gonna be good before injuries...Grigson is best in the business at this..Polian never did this..Great thing about this skill is it costs nothing, it's free money..Colts are a coach away, we have a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball..Next year we are gonna be scary even if we keep our bum coach Pagano...

Hmmm...Polian just found UDFAs Jeff Saturday, Ryan Lilja, Dominic Rhodes, Gary Brackett, Melvin Bullitt, Blair White etc, that is all :scratch:

Let us give Polian some credit there. 

That's basically it over his whole tenure here...He also had his share of misses in the draft...I prefer Grigsons aggressive style any day...Polian rode Peytons coattails..They accuse Grigson of riding Luck's coattails, but Manning is a top 5 player in NFL history, Luck is very good , but he isn't close to Manning..He still could end up being that I just don't think he has the football IQ Manning has..Peyton covered up a lot of defiencies his whole career here...

Guess we'll see if Clark looks like he'll be ready to start next year. 

If he is, we may just have this OL fixed.  It's been getting better and with an offseason for all the rookies to train and get better.  It may be a pretty solid unit next year.  

Hopefully most of our resources this offseason can go towards getting a long term RB and a better defense.  

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

That's basically it over his whole tenure here...He also had his share of misses in the draft...I prefer Grigsons aggressive style any day...Polian rode Peytons coattails..They accuse Grigson of riding Luck's coattails, but Manning is a top 5 player in NFL history, Luck is very good , but he isn't close to Manning..He still could end up being that I just don't think he has the football IQ Manning has..Peyton covered up a lot of defiencies his whole career here...

You have to wait till they play a few full years, those UDFAs. Our memory is fresh for the UDFAs that contributed significantly in this calendar year but when you look at it 3 or 4 years from now, it may be different.

That match up Clark vs Mack seems scary, but not so scary if we continue running the football and limit the amount of times he's got to pass block the guy.  That Raiders run defense is bad.   Now if we turn into the Bombs Away colts then I feel bad for him.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You have to wait till they play a few full years, those UDFAs. Our memory is fresh for the UDFAs that contributed significantly in this calendar year but when you look at it 3 or 4 years from now, it may be different.

That's fair

47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

A lot of those guys are also situational only players too.  Nothing wrong with that because you need those situational players.  But to get ahead we have to bring in 3 down starters in a lot of positions.  

45 minutes ago, krunk said:

That match up Clark vs Mack seems scary, but not so scary if we continue running the football and limit the amount of times he's got to pass block the guy.  That Raiders run defense is bad.   Now if we turn into the Bombs Away colts then I feel bad for him.

Also have to do what we did in the Vikings game and do a lot of short passes which is one of the things that helped keep Luck clean.  It felt like I saw more intentional, designed short plays in that game then I'd seen in all the previous games this season combined.

32 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Grigson is not the best in the business at that. And you are severely overrating him by saying Polian never got quality udfa

2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Also have to do what we did in the Vikings game and do a lot of short passes.  It felt like I saw more intentional, designed short plays in that game then I'd seen in all the previous games this season combined.

They'll have to double Mack at times, but I think  AC see should be able to hold his own with Irvin.   As long as we keep a good balance and mix things up we'll be fine.

14 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Guess we'll see if Clark looks like he'll be ready to start next year. 

If he is, we may just have this OL fixed.  It's been getting better and with an offseason for all the rookies to train and get better.  It may be a pretty solid unit next year.  

Hopefully most of our resources this offseason can go towards getting a long term RB and a better defense.  

We need to use a 1st or 2nd to get a true franchise back..Other than that the rest of draft and free agency can go to building this defense..Our offense is basically set, our o-line is looking good and they are so young..Philbin really has them ascending and I believe they'll be one of the better lines in the league with next 2 years.. Concentrate on finding 2 RUSH linebackers,  corner, ilb, and depth on defense and we are gonna be tough to deal with next year..This can all be done this offseason thru draft and free agency we have plenty of cap room...We need to get a couple big fish in free agency and spend what we have to to get them..Add a Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, and Joe Haden and draft some young talent and we will be 13-3 next year even with Pagano, add a real HC and we will be SB Champs..

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Hmmm...Polian just found UDFAs Jeff Saturday, Ryan Lilja, Dominic Rhodes, Gary Brackett, Melvin Bullitt, Blair White etc, that is all :scratch:

Let us give Polian some credit there. 

Gary and Ryan are the only ones Polian hit on. Jeff sucked and was masked by Manning. Was 1 and done in GB after he left.

2 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Gary and Ryan are the only ones Polian hit on. Jeff sucked and was masked by Manning. Was 1 and done in GB after he left.

Jeff sucked when he was old and about to retire....therefore, he sucked his entire career? With that logic, you can say the same about Manning, Michael Jordan, or Muhammad Ali.

I have zero doubt with better coaching this team as constructed now could easily be 11-3 right now...We flat gave away the games against Lions and at Texans, and shouldve beat Jax and Houston at indy, and even possibly at Denver...If we had Harbaugh, Payton, Gruden, Urban Meyer, Cowher, or even Gase or McDaniels we would probably have a 1st round bye with this team despite the youth and injuries.Irsay should have had a private jet ready to pick Harbaugh up the day San Francisco fired him and we wouldn't be in this position..Keep Grigson, keep Philbin, fire Pagano now, and get one of these coaches no matter the cost, and we will be in Super Bowl in 1-2 years...

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Not even close? How many playoff wins did Manning have his first 5 years?

35 minutes ago, KB said:

Clark vs mack might be scary, but IMO so is hear vs mack and reitz vs mack. This can only make Clark better. 

It will help his development as long as he doesn't get destroyed.

I thought he was pushed back into the pocket way too much last week . That said , I do like this move as we really need to know if Clark will be ready to be the RT next year. I will watch him with a lot of  both hope and anxiety this Saturday

I'm not sure if Clark is playing due to injuries to other players, or if it was planned that he needed a lot of time to develop and now he is showing signs that he is ready. In either case, he showed well last week, especially in the run game.

I hope that he shows that he is the solution there for our O-line. We can focus primarily on defense in the draft.

35 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

He does get pushed back, that can and will be corrected with added strength...What's great about him is athleticism and length, guys don't get by him he stays engaged..He is gonna be special..

Totally agree that he has the ability to contend with outside speed rushers. This was something Cherlius and now Rietz cannot handle. Did anyone see Cherlius get destroyed in the 4th quarter of TB's game vs Dallas ? They had to pull him and put some untested rookie in as Winston was getting killed from his side. Kudos to Grigson for just eating the big cap hit and moving on from him. Horrible signing but at least the cap hit is gone after this year. Remember Pagano and Grigson in that pressor saying "we won the Cherlius bidding war." There were a few astute talking heads that something like "they were probably bidding against them selves as there was no way he was worth anywhere near that contract." 

And yes if he adds strength and learns better leverage , he can overcome the weakness we are now talking about. Those are still "ifs" right now but word is he's a smart kid with a good work ethic .. so yeah .. he's promising.

38 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

I'm not sure if Clark is playing due to injuries to other players, or if it was planned that he needed a lot of time to develop and now he is showing signs that he is ready. In either case, he showed well last week, especially in the run game.

I hope that he shows that he is the solution there for our O-line. We can focus primarily on defense in the draft.

No.. I don't think it's due to injuries. Even if Reitz is still not 100% , they have other options with Clarke sitting that work with Harrison playing well last week and Goode back. 

52 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I have zero doubt with better coaching this team as constructed now could easily be 11-3 right now...We flat gave away the games against Lions and at Texans, and shouldve beat Jax and Houston at indy, and even possibly at Denver...If we had Harbaugh, Payton, Gruden, Urban Meyer, Cowher, or even Gase or McDaniels we would probably have a 1st round bye with this team despite the youth and injuries.Irsay should have had a private jet ready to pick Harbaugh up the day San Francisco fired him and we wouldn't be in this position..Keep Grigson, keep Philbin, fire Pagano now, and get one of these coaches no matter the cost, and we will be in Super Bowl in 1-2 years...

I'd also like to see an upgrade from Pagano, but Harbaugh, Payton, Gruden and Cowher were not available/interested. I have no idea if Irsay had interest in Meyer, unproven at the pro level. The jury is out on Gase. Miami may make the playoffs, but they have 1 win vs a winning team(Pitt). We'll know soon enough about McDaniels as I'm sure there'll be several offers coming his way this off season. Just saying I don't think there are a lot of good options out there. 

Having said that, it doesn't mean you stick with what you got if you think the team is underachieving. I do think 5 years is enough time for Irsay to make a definitive decision on whether or not Pagano is the guy to lead this team to championship contender status. 

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

Saturday sucked?        Seriously?

He was one and done in Green Bay because he was old.....       not because he sucked.

Holy Cow.........     :facepalm: