Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This belongs on Irsay's fridge

19colt

On 12/24/2016 at 6:24 AM, Trace Pyott said:

To me this goes to show the greatness that is peyton manning. Most experts who don't already believe he is the greatest ever, always say his one knock is his lack of super bowl wins and playoff losses. Well, this stat shows that no one did more with far less than the sheriff. Many people say Brady is the best ever and I don't want to make this a Brady v manning debate so I'm sorry for this......but I really think Peyton would of won at least 2 or 3 more rings if he had belichick and the pats defense especially from around 2002 to 2006 or so. You add those hypothetical rings with all his stats and no doubt he is the greatest to play the game in my opinion.

Yep. Peyton went to 4 Super Bowls with 4 different head coaches. Peyton manning regardless of where he went or who his coach was he was pretty much the head coach of the team and the offensive coordinator. I feel like Brady really depended on BB his whole career and that's fine but Peyton never had that luxury and always did amazing. It's not really fair but that's life I guess

If you want to help our quarterback, take a good look at Jamal Charles. A great third down back will not only give our Colts an advantage on third downs, it will help give Luck a great outlet who can keep the chains moving. And don't forget, he can score from anywhere on the field.

HELP LUKE!!!! Charles could be that player! I will say it again give Jamal Charles a close look.

I live in New Orleans and have been a Colts fan since 1959. I know what a great pass catching back can do for a quarterback.

1 minute ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

Yep. Peyton went to 4 Super Bowls with 4 different head coaches. Peyton manning regardless of where he went or who his coach was he was pretty much the head coach of the team and the offensive coordinator. I feel like Brady really depended on BB his whole career and that's fine but Peyton never had that luxury and always did amazing. It's not really fair but that's life I guess

I definitely think Peyton is Top 4 ever. Hard to argue Tom isn't the GOAT after this last SB win. I guess the scandals can be held against him which is a factor. I say Top 4 because my Mt Rushmore is Brady/Montana/Unitas/Peyton. Peyton winning that 2nd SB was huge regardless of, he was a shell of himself. He was still the starter and his team won. 2 SB wins to go with 5 League MVP's puts him on the Mt Rushmore IMO. There have been others that have won 2 like Plunkett, Eli, and Big Ben but none of them ever won a League MVP so Peyton separates himself from guys like that. Bradshaw won 4 and Aikman 3 but neither had the Stats to compare to Peyton, Aikman never won a League MVP either, Bradshaw won only 1. Bradshaw's Stats for his career were Average at best. Elway would top off my Top 5 with his 2 wins and Great Stats + he won League MVP once. Hard to believe only 12 QB's have started and won 2 SB's or more out of 51 games. Unitas only won 1 but did win 2 Championships before the SB era.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 4:17 AM, Synthetic said:

Pretty sure the Bob Dylan autographs and magnets of old classic rock albums go on the fridge long before anything else....

Exactly what does his personal collection have to do with football?

The GOAT is soooo subjective:  a good defense, continuity within the organization, coaching, O-lines, running game, the era one played in, opposition, etc. If Ballard can build a defense around Andrew and protect him, no reason to believe he can't have multiple rings. As Colts fans, we have to bare all the hyperbole this year about Brady and NE. But our day is coming and I only hope that we see some achievements by Luck (like a 100% SB winning percentage or close to 100% completion rate in a SB) to bring him into the GOAT conversation. 

6 hours ago, Shive said:

No. Fumble issues and his past take him off my board.

Its not like he would thump somebody in the head, steal a golf cart and ...... not like he is a Stanford boy or anything.  What do you mean his past? :sarcasm:

12 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

The GOAT is soooo subjective:  a good defense, continuity within the organization, coaching, O-lines, running game, the era one played in, opposition, etc. If Ballard can build a defense around Andrew and protect him, no reason to believe he can't have multiple rings. As Colts fans, we have to bare all the hyperbole this year about Brady and NE. But our day is coming and I only hope that we see some achievements by Luck (like a 100% SB winning percentage or close to 100% completion rate in a SB) to bring him into the GOAT conversation. 

I think going undefeated in the SB is pretty huge. Something Montana has at 4-0. If we are fortunate to make it a couple of times with Andrew I hope he wins every time he is there.

3 hours ago, BR-549 said:

Its not like he would thump somebody in the head, steal a golf cart and ...... not like he is a Stanford boy or anything.  What do you mean his past? :sarcasm:

• I see the sarcasm emoji, but I figured I'd post this anyways just in case.
  •  
  • Cook was:
  • - arrested and charged with firing a weapon and possessing a weapon at an event on school property in 2010. The third-degree felony charge was dropped or abandoned (what happens when you're a superstar RB).
  • - arrested and charged with criminal mischief in June 2014. He was one of several players involved in an alleged bb-gun shooting that caused property damage.
  • - cited for mistreating puppies.
  • - arrested and charged with assualt for punching a 21 year old woman in the face multiple times (was found not guilty, which for FSU players means not a whole lot).

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think going undefeated in the SB is pretty huge. Something Montana has at 4-0. If we are fortunate to make it a couple of times with Andrew I hope he wins every time he is there.

Terry Bradshaw has 4 super bowl wins also.

But when his name is brought up it was the Steel curtain who was credited with those super bowls wins. Bradshaw also was the super bowl MVP two of those times if I am not mistaken.

IMO the GOAT is 100% opinion since no QB can be a winner without a total team around him.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Terry Bradshaw has 4 super bowl wins also.

But when his name is brought up it was the Steel curtain who was credited with those super bowls wins. Bradshaw also was the super bowl MVP two of those times if I am not mistaken.

IMO the GOAT is 100% opinion since no QB can be a winner without a total team around him.

I agree. It is funny how most people just dismiss Bradshaw. It's probably because his Stats were Average but hardly nobody ever says he is in the GOAT convo.

6 hours ago, Shive said:
  •  
  • Cook was:
  • - arrested and charged with firing a weapon and possessing a weapon at an event on school property in 2010. The third-degree felony charge was dropped or abandoned (what happens when you're a superstar RB).
  • - arrested and charged with criminal mischief in June 2014. He was one of several players involved in an alleged bb-gun shooting that caused property damage.
  • - arrested and charged with assualt for punching a 21 year old woman in the face multiple times (was found not guilty, which for FSU players means not a whole lot).

Damn, didn't know that. Not a good look.

12 hours ago, Shive said:
  •  
  • Cook was:

Yeah, I don't want the guy around either.  I didn't know he had done anything that bad, just thought he was causing mischief. Seems like they always are good at keeping stuff like that quiet. Its hard to build a good team let alone one with good character.... we don't need those type. 

I was more poking fun at the stupid crap that just happened from one of our players not so much Cook's background.  Thanks for posting the information. 

On 12/20/2016 at 2:52 AM, 19colt said:

I think the takeaway from the table (Colts perspective) is that Luck is well on his way to finishing at or above where Manning is. I find that to be quite incredible considering he has already missed time with injury in his young career. 

It depends on what you consider above.  I believe that Colts SB run in 2006 was very lucky.  That team with that defense had no business in the SB and it lucked up playing a Bears team that was not very good offensively.  That was a "hot" team SB.  I think the 2nd SB team was better but lost to a Saints team that made 2 game changing plays.  Will Luck end up on one of those "hot teams" or will the Colts build an all around team to better support him getting to multiple SBs?  Who knows.  But I do think he can average close to 10 wins a season for the next 6 or 7 years with a poor defense.