Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is the 2016 MVP?

19colt

Who is the MVP?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the 2016 MVP?

4 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

If a QB had been injured for 4 games and then put up the numbers Brady put up, there would be no discussion. As to the notion that they "rolled along just fine" without him...they got shut-out by the freakin' Bills. 'nuff said.

True.  HOWEVER.......  HE wasn't injured.  HE was suspended for breaking league rules.

'Nuff said.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

If a QB had been injured for 4 games and then put up the numbers Brady put up, there would be no discussion. As to the notion that they "rolled along just fine" without him...they got shut-out by the freakin' Bills. 'nuff said.

With the third string rookie who was also hurt.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

With the third string rookie who was also hurt.

The fact that they went 3-1 in his absence doesn't really tell the story. The only time the offense looked even close to what it looks like with Brady was the first quarter of game 2 vs the Dolphins before Garappolo got hurt. In the other 3 and 3/4 games, they had exactly ONE TD Pass. So this notion that the 3-1 record diminishes his value is kind of silly, imo.

2 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

The fact that they went 3-1 in his absence doesn't really tell the story. The only time the offense looked even close to what it looks like with Brady was the first quarter of game 2 vs the Dolphins before Garappolo got hurt. In the other 3 and 3/4 games, they had exactly ONE TD Pass. So this notion that the 3-1 record diminishes his value is kind of silly, imo.

Zeke had the more dominating season

Tom Brady is gonna get it, and he's definitely deserving. I don't like that, but it's pretty obvious. My only argument against him is that their program is so good they could win with second and third string QBs, but they're a true title contender with him.

My vote would be Derek Carr, though. The Raiders have a barely average defense, and I don't think very much of Jack del Rio as a coach. Today kind of showed how valuable he is to them, which was already obvious.

Falcons are 11-5 instead of 10-6, my bad......got that wrong earlier.

Still nationwide I can see them giving it to Brady since he is "the dude". I think Rodgers would have maybe won it though if they had not blown so many weeks this year mid season since Rodgers is "the NFC dude".

Matt Ryan might end up getting offensive player of the year instead. They gave MVP to a dude from the NFC South last year and how did that work out in the end? lmao 

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Falcons are 11-5 instead of 10-6, my bad......got that wrong earlier.

Still nationwide I can see them giving it to Brady since he is "the dude". I think Rodgers would have maybe won it though if they had not blown so many weeks this year mid season since Rodgers is "the NFC dude".

Matt Ryan might end up getting offensive player of the year instead. They gave MVP to a dude from the NFC South last year and how did that work out in the end? lmao 

It will go Brady, Rodgers 2, Ryan 3 IMO. Brady will win it. He went 11-1 as starter and had 28 TD's and 2 picks.

If Ryan doesn't win MVP this thing completely rigged numbers don't lie. Who played well all season long? Answer Matt Ryan. Brady didn't play the first four games and Rodgers played four of the worst games you'll ever see a qb play let's not let one month of good football against bad team decide the MVP

9 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

.......not eligible after serving a suspension for cheating...

I really never cared about insignificant psi levels especially when we got beat by 38 points and I'm a die hard Colts fan. Brady set the record for single season TD:INT ratio at 39 years old and had a sensational season. He got his team to the first seed in the playoffs and he's still the best QB in the league.

I don't recall who I voted for a week or so ago, but after yesterday's games, I would give it to Carr. The Raiders offense has looked terrible without Carr. He was a factor in more games than Brady was, and the Pats showed that they can win without Brady. The Raiders cannot win without Carr.

If Carr does not win it, I hope Matt Ryan or Ezekiel Elliot does. 

I voted Brady. 

It's not that the Pats went 3-1 without him - it's that they were 11-1 with him.  Putting aside all biases, I'm sure most of you would agree that neither backup gets them 11 wins the rest of the way,  let alone go 8-0 on the road.

The guy just set the record for best TD-INT ratio in NFL history, let's give this guy some credit.

What the Colts need to do is try their best to sign McDaniels as HC long term, offer him the kitchen sink if they have to.  The Pats window closes when Brady retires. Belichik will retire the moment Brady hangs it up in about 2 years max.  By that time, McDaniels would have built a formidable contender for years to come.

5 hours ago, ColtsBTM12 said:

I really never cared about insignificant psi levels especially when we got beat by 38 points and I'm a die hard Colts fan. Brady set the record for single season TD:INT ratio at 39 years old and had a sensational season. He got his team to the first seed in the playoffs and he's still the best QB in the league.

It doesn't matter if the cheating helped,  it's still cheating

5 hours ago, JoshC said:

I voted Brady. 

It's not that the Pats went 3-1 without him - it's that they were 11-1 with him.  Putting aside all biases, I'm sure most of you would agree that neither backup gets them 11 wins the rest of the way,  let alone go 8-0 on the road.

The guy just set the record for best TD-INT ratio in NFL history, let's give this guy some credit.

You can give him credit...but....Brady was there for the 8 road wins...his 4 games on suspension must count against him in the MVP race...Matt Ryan wasn't suspended..

Rodgers and Ryan have played every game ..lead their teams to division title and Aaron Rodgers has an NFL-leading 40 TD passes.  Carr was QB for all 11 Raider wins

50 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You can give him credit...but....Brady was there for the 8 road wins...his 4 games on suspension must count against him in the MVP race...Matt Ryan wasn't suspended..

Rodgers and Ryan have played every game ..lead their teams to division title and Aaron Rodgers has an NFL-leading 40 TD passes.  Carr was QB for all 11 Raider wins

If a player's missed games due to suspension is considered in the decision process then yes, Ryan should be MVP.  I have no opinion on whether it should be allowed or otherwise.  Stats wise, these two are very close when you project Brady's stats over a full season.  I just thought that 14:1 TD-Int ratio is hard to ignore and the fact he carried the offense despite his favorite target being hobbled with injuries for most of the year. 

My argument was to counter the notion that Brady's value to the team is diminished simply because the team were 3-1 without him.  Based on his season stats, I'll argue that had he played all 16 games, they'd end up 15-1  whereas had his backups played the 16 games, I'm sure they won't end up 14-2.  I'd even go as far as saying they'd miss the playoffs.

I think Brady's time missed drops him from consideration.   He's only got 3500 yards passing.   Ryan has 4900.   Ryan also has 10 more TD's than Brady.   In no way do I believe "what could have been" should factor in.   Fact is that it did not happen.   Also, the 3-1 record without Brady does hurt some.   If they would have gone 1-3 without him, it would add some solid proof that the team is crap without him.      

Brady may get it, but IMHO he can't for two reasons:  1) a suspension of ANY kind should rule you out IMHO.  IDC if you set records and what-not.  If you're suspended, you aint gettin my vote!  2) Sure, their offense is awesome, but anybody notice their DEFENSE?  How about #1 in ppg allowed?  Is THAT any good?  Brady only needs to score 16 ppg and they win.  So IMHO he doesn't have to do as much as Ryan, Carr, or Rodgers.  They all have defenses in the bottom half of the league.  If they don't play well, their teams don't win.  I cannot say the same of the Pats, who BTW went 3-1 without him and one of those was with the 3rd-string QB.  This tells me their defense is doing just as much as their offense in winning games.

Then there's the numbers.  Brady's numbers are very good considering he played 12 games.  I get it.  But I don't think they are that much better than Ryan's, if at all.  Consider the QBR, which ESPN uses and I think is a better measure of performance.  Ryan has 3 games this year in the top 10. THREE!  Brady?  None.  His best was 96.1 against the Jets, which is good for 13th.  The best of the season?  Jimmy Garoppolo at 99.2 vs. Miami.  Oh wait, he plays for the Patriots, right?  And BTW, just for reference, Luck had the #2 best game in QBR with a 98.8 vs. you guessed it.....the Jets.

Oh, and #3, which has always been there, they have the best HC in the league, and ARGUABLY, ever.  I would give it to Ryan, who got his team to a BYE and put up Madden like numbers.

• 5 weeks later...

If you look at the comments section on NFL.com for the awards show, there are about 100 Pats fans moaning and groaning and griping about Brady not getting the MVP, Belichick not getting coach of the year, McDaniels not getting assistant coach of the year, Brady not getting offensive player of the year. Even, absurdly, Brady not getting comeback player of the year (coming back from the suspension..lol) and Blount not getting some kind of award for the number of TDs he scored. I guess they would have to make that award up on the fly, maybe the TD Garden award. ;)

No class.

2 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

If you look at the comments section on NFL.com for the awards show, there are about 100 Pats fans moaning and groaning and griping about Brady not getting the MVP, Belichick not getting coach of the year, McDaniels not getting assistant coach of the year, Brady not getting offensive player of the year. Even, absurdly, Brady not getting comeback player of the year (coming back from the suspension..lol) and Blount not getting some kind of award for the number of TDs he scored. I guess they would have to make that award up on the fly, maybe the TD Garden award. ;)

No class.

What did you expect. That fanbase moans about everything when things don't go their way. They have been to 7 SB's and won 4 and they still whine lmao. The best is when they say the world is against us, Tom is playing with a chip on his shoulder. Doesn't Tom always give 100% and give 100% regardless? and no the world isn't against them, if it was the NFL would rig games so they lose by having the REFS make their games 1 sided in favor of the other team.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What did you expect. That fanbase moans about everything when things don't go their way. They have been to 7 SB's and won 4 and they still whine lmao 

Not necessarily everything...

Nowhere did I see them argue that Brady deserved the Sportsmanship Award that Gore, from the horrible team that turned him in, got.  

However, maybe they did. I didn't do all the drop downs for all the comments.  LOL

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What did you expect. That fanbase moans about everything when things don't go their way. They have been to 7 SB's and won 4 and they still whine lmao. The best is when they say the world is against us, Tom is playing with a chip on his shoulder. Doesn't Tom always give 100% and give 100% regardless? and no the world isn't against them, if it was the NFL would rig games so they lose by having the REFS make their games 1 sided in favor of the other team.

you forgot the classic... "brady is mad, no he's gonna run through the league" :lol: