Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What needs to happen the last 2 weeks...

Coltswarriors

...For the Colts to make the playoffs.

1. Colts HAVE to win out. @ Oakland and vs. Jacksonville.

2. Tennessee MUST lose week 16 (@ Jacksonville), and then WIN vs. Houston in week 17.

3. Texans MUST lose out. vs. Cincy and @ Tennessee

Final standings would be:

-Colts 9-7

-Titans 9-7

-Texans 8-8

With the Colts holding the tie breaker over the Titans (beat them twice this season).

So... basically very slim odds Colts make it. That Titans @ Chiefs game was just as important for the Colts as the Colts game today. Thanks Chiefs.

Just now, runthepost said:

Titans will probably put 30 to 40 on the board next week

Yeah...Jax players I'm sure are thinking about where they're going on vacation the day after.

There's no PRIDE to play for with them. They're terrible and won't be saving our season.

1 minute ago, Coltswarriors said:

That's the game (Titans @ Jaguars) that looks like the toughest to actually see come true. That's why the Chiefs/Titans game was so important today. Chiefs didn't help us at all.

We didn't help us at all. This wishing other teams get you in is garbage talk.

4 minutes ago, Coltswarriors said:

That's the game (Titans @ Jaguars) that looks like the toughest to actually see come true. That's why the Chiefs/Titans game was so important today. Chiefs didn't help us at all.

This is why I never pick an Andy Reid team or an Alex Smith led team to do anything big, they choke every year.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is why I never pick an Andy Reid team or an Alex Smith led team to do anything big, they choke every year.

Yeah they do lol.  

If Oakland loses today which is a possibility @ SD, that will make next weeks game so huge for Oakland lol.  

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Raiders are licking their chops now. Screw the Chiefs after today haha 

Yeah but knowing how this season has been my bet is both Houston and Tenn lose next week, Colts beat the Raiders.  Week 16 Tenn beats Houston and the Colts lose on a last second field goal to the Jags.

THE worst case scenario will happen lol....

23 minutes ago, Coltswarriors said:

2. Tennessee MUST lose week 16 (@ Jacksonville), and then WIN vs. Houston in week 17.

Final standing would be:

-Colts 9-7

-Titans 9-7

Texans 8-8

With the Colts holding the tie breaker over the Titans (beat them twice this season).

So... basically very slim odds Colts make it. That Titans @ Chiefs game was just as important for the Colts as the Colts game today. Thanks Chiefs.

Freakin choking Chiefs LOL. and relying on Jacks to do anything is sad.

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah but knowing how this season has been my bet is both Houston and Tenn lose next week, Colts beat the Raiders.  Week 16 Tenn beats Houston and the Colts lose on a last second field goal to the Jags.

THE worst case scenario will happen lol....

If the Titans lose to the Jags and Texans lose to Cincy and we beat Oakland then our chances improve greatly but I don't see it. Jacks haha 

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree actually, after we let Brock beat us in Indy we don't deserve to be in.

The loss in Indy to the hapless Texans really hurts more this week than it did last week. Jacksonville showed today they are the most hopeless team in the NFL.

Just now, King Colt said:

The loss in Indy to the hapless Texans really hurts more this week than it did last week. Jacksonville showed today they re the most hopeless team in the NFL.

The killer is also we shouldn't even be in this mess. It was our division to have. 10-6 would have pretty much got us the div.

It's not like we're in a division where you need 12-13 wins because of some other great team in your division.

2016 was a total letdown.

18 minutes ago, Coltswarriors said:

Yup.

If Chiefs would have won, the Colts wouldn't have to rely on Jacksonville... Ugh.

Another horrible game management by Ried.  KC  left too many points on the field. Also when it's time to depend on the Jags to help out, that is just desperate. Colts choked it away last week.

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

The killer is also we shouldn't even be in this mess. It was our division to have. 10-6 would have pretty much got us the div.

It's not like we're in a division where you need 12-13 wins because of some other great team in your division.

2016 was a total letdown.

I picked us to go 10-6 at the start of the year and that could've easily been achieved had we beat Jacks in London and Houston once.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I picked us to go 10-6 at the start of the year and that could've easily been achieved had we beat Jacks in London and Houston once.

Exactly. That's why I'm not ok with however it plays out. We wasted this season.

And 10-6 isn't that great, but would have been enough. No business being .500 in our div. Houston and Jax should be 4 automatic wins for us this year and we'll probably end up being 1-3 against both combined if we win of course that last jax game.

I get things happen...but we should be better then these bums in our division. 

We always hear you have no QB you can't win...well it doesn't apply to us it seems. We have hands down the best QB in the division and will probably end this season above Jax....really???

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Exactly. That's why I'm not ok with however it plays out. We wasted this season.

And 10-6 isn't that great, but would have been enough. No business being .500 in our div. Houston and Jax should be 4 automatic wins for us this year and we'll probably end up being 1-3 against both combined if we win of course that last jax game.

I get things happen...but we should be better then these bums in our division. 

We always hear you have no QB you can't win...well it doesn't apply to us it seems. We have hands down the best QB in the division and will probably end up this above Jax....really???

I don't disagree with any of that. We should sweep Jacks and at least split with Houston. What is funny is we swept the Titans and they will probably win the Division.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't disagree with any of that. We should sweep Jacks and at least split with Houston. What is funny is we swept the Titans and they will probably win the Division.

Do you know what happens if Miami(@Buf vs NE), Baltimore(@Pitt and @Cin) and the Colts all go 9-7(beat Oak and Jax)?  Who gets the wild card? I see the Titans beating both the Jags and the Texans.  I do think the Texans will lose both.  Could the Colts get a wild card spot with some luck?  Or no? 

15 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Do you know what happens if Miami(@Buf vs NE), Baltimore(@Pitt and @Cin) and the Colts all go 9-7(beat Oak and Jax)?  Who gets the wild card? I see the Titans beating both the Jags and the Texans.  I do think the Texans will lose both.  Could the Colts get a wild card spot with some luck?  Or no? 

If Houston, Tenn, Colts, Miami, Buffalo all go 9-7, Colts would get 2nd wild card (Houston gets division), but that is assuming Baltimore and Denver go 8-8. If Baltimore and Denver are also 9-7 Balt gets in. If Balt is 8-8 and Denver is 9-7, Denver gets in. 

22 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

No. Oak will be a wildcard Denver gets the tie breaker with us and then there is Miami

25 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Sorry, I missed that you said Houston loses both. Doesn;t really change things though, except Tenn gets division. Bottom line is Colts can win tiebreaker with Miami and Buffalo, but will lose it with Denver and Baltimore, to the best of my knowledge. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reid did a great job losing that game. Ultra conservative with a 10 point lead . Then he calls that stupid TO. Don't give the guy a warm up kick on a kick in those conditions. Horrible..

2 hours ago, Coltswarriors said:

Final standings would be:

-Colts 9-7

-Titans 9-7

-Texans 8-8

I'm very disappointed in this thread.

No Lloyd Christmas quote meme???

We had no business winning that game with three T/Os.  But the defense stepped up and stopped two redzone drives, one on the goal line, the other an INT in the end zone.  Mariota didn't have a stellar game but got us into field goal range on the final drive with no time outs.  And Succop had the kick of his life in a place he knew very well having been the old KC place kicker years ago.

Everything is pointing to the final game against Houston on Jan 1st for all the marbles.  Houston is trying to make a go of it with a backup QB who had success today.  But he'll be playing in Nashville.  The big problem is next week against JAX which is looking like the classic trap game with a fired head coach and OC.  Will the Jaguars fold or will they play to make a statement?