Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I cant make heads or tails of the colts

CR91

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts: Get eliminated from playoffs; Play like world beaters, Win out on the year, and move back 4 spots in the draft.

I understand you want to win every game and don't want to have a "losing culture" but it's the same story every year. Pagono and Grigson try and save their jobs the last 2 or 3 games and the Colts lose precious draft pick spots.

2 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Colts: Get eliminated from playoffs; Play like world beaters, Win out on the year, and move back 4 spots in the draft.

I understand you want to win every game and don't want to have a "losing culture" but it's the same story every year. Pagono and Grigson try and save their jobs the last 2 or 3 games and the Colts lose precious draft pick spots.

Unfortunately, they aren't eliminated yet.  Texans and Titans are losing right now. 

14 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

It's a Double edge sword really. As you mention winning means we lose draft picks when there's no guarantee of a playoff spot, but then you'll have those that say the colts folded and didn't fight til the end

16 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

My concern with the Colts winning is not so much the loss of draft position but the chances greatly decrease that Irsay gets rid of Grigson/Pagano. I feel like he leans towards keeping them but the last 3 games will influence his decision.

I still will question the Colts culture even if they win the rest of their games this season. Excuse making from Irsay, Grigson, Pagano, and the players. Things players have said about the team (Hilton that they laid down, Mathis that they are not tough mentally) also makes me question the culture regardless of the outcome of the last 3 games.

29 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Irsay has to see the bigger picture and he should already know by now if Grigson and Pagano are the right people at the helm for Luck's prime years ahead. Most of us fans know that they aren't. 

48 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Exactly. To me last years record was actually 6-8, this years record regardless of how we finish is 6-7. That's where we were at when the season basically ended.

Now a lot of bad franchises make late  season meaningless surges to save some face and make things look a bit brighter for next season. It looks like our Colts are falling into that pattern. I hope not but we will see.

47 minutes ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

Just win next week @ Oakland and anything can happen in the playoffs

I'll never understand wanting your team to lose UNLESS there is a surefire guy to get, like Peyton or Luck, or in the NBA Lebron, Towns, Davis, etc 

Theorettically there are better players the better draft pick you have. 4 or 5 spots in the draft is a lot. You could always try and trade your pick if there are offers. Higher your pick, the better the offers.

If you've basically lost your chance at the playoffs might as well heighten your chances at getting a better start to next season.

1 hour ago, bravo4460 said:

What do you mean same story every year? That's literally been the story once in the Pags era.

40 minutes ago, UKCOLT17 said:

Plus they have nothing to play for and the Texans might have actually helped there team dropping osweiler.

Yeah they did, they might as well just cut Brock, take the hit and draft some stud QB in the first.  You add a capable QB to that team and they're dominant.  I couldn't imagine Houston with Russel Wilson or Luck. 

Honestly I think adding more talent in the off season will go a long way in fixing some of the issues. Maybe another O lineman and some heavy attention to the front seven at a minimum. Talent is a main issue on this Defense. I think we will be a better team in 2017 if we doa good job addressing the talent.

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

Honestly I think adding more talent in the off season will go a long way in fixing some of the issues. Maybe another O lineman and some heavy attention to the front seven at a minimum. Talent is a main issue on this Defense. I think we will be a better team in 2017 if we doa good job addressing the talent.

Doesn't matter.  Whoever we draft will just get injured anyway.  Really starting to think anyone who plays for us will end up missing 3-4 games a year.  May not be statistically correct,but it sure feels that way.

3 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Great post!!! 

This team looks capable to be threat when they play somewhat like today. But they cannot play that way consistently. That usually goes back to coaching and that is what is so concerning. This regime makes you think they are getting it together and then the next week, they crush you. Unfortunately the Colts have fallen into the category of a mediocre culture. There are some teams that hover around .500 every year and it looks like our Colts are starting to trend that way. Things could be worse like the browns, but if you are not contending for titles not sure if even that matters!

I think being a stronger defensive team wins us at least 4 of the games we lost this year. I like in 2017 we will be in year 2

of Teds scheme. We've got some good young players coming back along with a vet or two. Take the bulk of this draft and the FA to add talent to this D and I think we will be headed in the right direction. I expect Chuck will show better. If he doesn't in 2017 after adding talent then it may be time to move on. I expect he will do bettr. Talent is a big issue.

1 hour ago, Tsarquise said:

They are not eliminated, yet. 

Nope.  They have to win next week, Texans and Titans both lose.  Then in the final week, they have to win again and hope the Titans find a way to beat the Texans = Colts win division.  However, if just ONE of those things don't happen it's over.  And I don't think all of that will go down.  Why? Because, like it or not, teams like Cincy that are eliminated KNOW that draft position is on the line and aren't going to help you out by winning in the end.  They'll make it look good, but I doubt they really want to screw up their draft position.

I just see this team being so up and down and playing so small in BIG moments like last week.  To me that is coaching, game-planning, all that and it falls on Chuck in the end.  I just hope Irsay sees that and sticks to the "big picture" and doesn't get infatuated with these last few weeks.  And if Pags and Grigs are indeed tied at the hip as advertised.......

8 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Doesn't matter.  Whoever we draft will just get injured anyway.  Really starting to think anyone who plays for us will end up missing 3-4 games a year.  May not be statistically correct,but it sure feels that way.

I have had this belief that the most of the injuries we have are in some ways to blame on the field turf that if I'm not mistaken is going on 11 years old. I'm not talking Andrew's injuries but our trench players  and dbs who are smacking it constantly. Seems like all of our injuries are knee or ankle injuries. Seems like more than a coincidence. Just my :2c: