LucasOilStadium

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

This era needs to end, period.  How anyone continues to defend Grigson, I have no idea.  Does anyone really believe there is no other management  type out there who could do better than the 30th ranked D and one of the worst O-lines in the game?  End the insanity.

Irsay did apparently. It must have been a hell of a sales job. 

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

You guys underrated this Texan team and are now overreacting to this loss. The Texans are better than us. Period. 

I don't think they are any better than us than we are the Titans, but you have to give them credit , they have turned the tables on the Colts last couple years . We won these games with one of the best QB ever but now we are just a team, hard to deal with that. 

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

You guys underrated this Texan team and are now overreacting to this loss. The Texans are better than us. Period. 

This is the worst division of the past decade.  We're under no illusion here.  The team Grigson built is absolute garbage.

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Not a chance. A team with osweiler at qb and 4 starters missing on defence should be beatable. We dominated them in their house earlier this season and the loss was on us not being able to close out. This was a very winnable game blown by poor decision making and execution. 

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

we now have to win our final 3 games...all of them

its doable - minny not as good as start of year,. Jasxsonville lasty game & J thomas now on IUR less weapons for bad QB 

Vs Raiders can be tough , alot depends on if Carrs hand / finger is healed so he can throw better

4 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Not a chance. A team with osweiler at qb and 4 starters missing on defence should be beatable. We dominated them in their house earlier this season and the loss was on us not being able to close out. This was a very winnable game blown by poor decision making and execution. 

Obviously they were beatable but they have a better running game, defense, and coaches than we have. Don't know why everyone was acting so cocky all week.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Obviously they were beatable but they have a better running game, defense, and coaches than we have. Don't know why everyone was acting so cocky all week.

I think they key point you make is the coaching difference. The personnel we have is enough to win against this team, especially if Andy plays well. He did not today, dropped balls didn't help and coaches made poor choices. Two games against texans this year I believe we would have won with better coaching. 

Hopefully we will see how a new coach approaches these games next year.......but I doubt it. 

8 minutes ago, #12. said:

This is the worst division of the past decade.  We're under no illusion here.  The team Grigson built is absolute garbage.

Yeah this is the worst division and we are the least talented team in the division. We just have Luck. This was a bad game for the offensive coaches no doubt but if anyone deserves to go it is Grigson.

But if you were to listen to this forum all week you would have bet your house that the Colts would win. 

Just now, DaveA1102 said:

I think they key point you make is the coaching difference. The personnel we have is enough to win against this team, especially if Andy plays well. He did not today, dropped balls didn't help and coaches made poor choices. Two games against texans this year I believe we would have won with better coaching. 

Hopefully we will see how a new coach approaches these games next year.......but I doubt it. 

You see it that way. I see it as the coaches have been overachieving this year with the awful personnel they have. We don't have a Clowney, Mercilus, Watt, or even a Brian Cushing but we are still expected to go out and beat better teams because we have Luck.

That leaves very little room for error. Chud was bad today with his play calls but I don't think that should take away from the good he has done this year. 

Just now, relkins said:

Then drunk. 

It's completely obvious that the Texans even with their injuries have a better running game, defense, and coaching staff than we have. So it makes no sense for everyone all week on this forum that criticizes this coaching staff after every loss to be so cocky going into the game. 

Should not be a surprise that we lost if we are the lesser team. That leaves no room for error and we had plenty of mistakes. 

24 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Guarantee that there will not be any coaching or GM changes next year.

I'm hoping for a high draft pick, but with Grigson, I'm not sure what the benefit may be....another flashy offensive player?

A small fast WR with bad hands in the 1st round....oh wait, he did that one already.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

It's completely obvious that the Texans even with their injuries have a better running game, defense, and coaching staff than we have. So it makes no sense for everyone all week on this forum that criticizes this coaching staff after every loss to be so cocky going into the game. 

Should not be a surprise that we lost if we are the lesser team. That leaves no room for error and we had plenty of mistakes. 

Losing doesn't make you the lesser team

3 minutes ago, relkins said:

Losing doesn't make you the lesser team

No talent makes you the lesser team. The Texans were already without Watt and J. Joseph and still have game changing players like Clowney, Mercilus, Wilfork, Cushing, and others. 

We have to go out there with a bunch of rookies and other young players on defense like Edwin Jackson, Antonio Morrison, and Rashaan Melvin and expect to win.

So you guys can blame the coaching all you want and it was a definite factor for parts of this game on the offensive end. But the talent on the roster is the real problem in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

No talent makes you the lesser team. The Texans were already without Watt and J. Joseph and still have game changing players like Clowney, Mercilus, Wilfork, Cushing, and others. 

We have to go out there with a bunch of rookies and other young players on defense like Edwin Jackson, Antonio Morrison, and Rashaan Melvin and expect to win.

So you guys can blame the coaching all you want and it was a definite factor for parts of this game on the offensive end. But the talent on the roster is the real problem in my opinion.

And who do you think is responsible for roster's talent?

Just now, HungarianColtsFan said:

And who do you think is responsible for roster's talent?

Yeah I'm on the fire Grigson bandwagon 100% and have been for a while. I just think the coaches are getting a bad rap for the talent they have to work with, and people on here are illogical with the overreacting like we were suppose to blow out this team or something.

Just now, Indy_Mike said:

And that is precisely where the Colts were last year....Pagano saying we don't have the right players and Grigson saying you have to coach them up! Time to clean house or just become the Washington generals of the NFL for the next 20 years!

Grigson is the problem. The players are being coached up. For this team to not have a losing season yet with the  awful roster he has put together is pretty remarkable. Going 8-8 last year without Luck (especially when most of the losses came with Luck at quarterback) should be something the coaches are commended for.

it's not like we are the Cleveland Browns or anything. If changes happen to the coaching staff than whatever but Grigson better go before Pagano does.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah I'm on the fire Grigson bandwagon 100% and have been for a while. I just think the coaches are getting a bad rap for the talent they have to work with, and people on here are illogical with the overreacting like we were suppose to blow out this team or something.

We should have beaten Texans....

...in our first meeting. Blowing 14 points lead turned out even worse now. 

I honestly think that Texans aren't better than Colts. Both team needed to win, they came out to play and performed...w didn't it is so simple IMO. There were many problems...3 turnovers for instance are inexcusable during an important game. The whole team looked a litle faithless.

Besides, in Luck era when AV missed a FG we mostly lost. (Just my observation, not official).

1 minute ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

We should have beaten Texans....

...in our first meeting. Blowing 14 points lead turned out even worse now. 

I honestly think that Texans aren't better than Colts. Both team needed to win, they came out to play and performed...w didn't it is so simple IMO. There were many problems...3 turnovers for instance are inexcusable during an important game. The whole team looked a litle faithless.

Besides, in Luck era when AV missed a FG we mostly lost. (Just my observation, not official).

We could have beat the Texans but I disagree that we are better than them. They are better at all facets except quarterback and maybe wide receiver. So Luck knows he had to play perfectly to win this game. Both teams came to play but the Texans have a better defense and made Luck and the offense look bad like they did in the last seven minutes and overtime in the first matchup.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

We lost the game with our turnovers and a bunch of bad plays...not because of a couple bad calls. If the game rested on a couple bad calls we would never win because our OC and HC make ton of bad calls every game lol.

Doesn't help when the ref makes bad calls either but we just didn't show up to play football today.

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

The Jets win was an illusion ..Jets are down 14-0 at SF in the first 4 minutes

Yeah, that's why I was trying to temper expectations last week.  It's not because I wanted to rain on the parade, but some people were taking waaaaaaay too much out of that game.  That game said much more about the Jets than it did the Colts.  The Jets simply did not come to play.  They quit.  They were playing more to avoid contact than they were to make plays.  It was a good win for the Colts, but the Jets are a train wreck right now and putting a beat down on them really doesn't say all that much.  Unfortunately, this Colts team is simply not very good.