Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you guys think of Eric Swoope?

twfish

For a guy who had never really played football and he was red shirted the past 2 years how do you think he's doing? Think he was worth the time developing? 

Me personally I say yes. He's made some very nice catches and has showed his athlestism. I think he's filled in very nice when Allen was out and his RAC has seemed pretty good even when there's a defender draped across him, definitely plays more physical than I expected.

33 minutes ago, Everyone said:

He's headed in the right direction, so far I think he's the first project that's working out for them.

Incorrect. I believe we had a Canadian team guy named Freeman work out pretty good as well. I'm sure there are a couple others to contribute but I like what Swope brings to the table. 

29 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Incorrect. I believe we had a Canadian team guy named Freeman work out pretty good as well. I'm sure there are a couple others to contribute but I like what Swope brings to the table. 

By project I was referring to players who needed considerable work such as position change or had never played football.  

1 hour ago, Everyone said:

By project I was referring to players who needed considerable work such as position change or had never played football.  

Fair enough. There have been a few TE's around the league now that transitioned over from BB player to be good TE. Kudos to our staff and the player for making the transition, it doesn't happen often. 

He has great speed  many times on his longest catches he flat out left the linebacker he needs to learn how to take a hit tho because he gets hit with bone crushing tackles at the legs and hips and gets lifted off his feet lol not gonna last long like that 

Swoope is making the most of his chances that's for sure. Just from the "Eye" test, he moves like Marcus Pollard in space, and has some shiftiness to him. And he seems to be always falling forward for extra yards every time he's being dragged down. Arrows pointing up for Swoope IMO. 

54 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He's a third tight end.  Nothing super special about him but makes plays here or there.  He helps on special teams which is about what you would expect for a third tight end.

If he can become an average or so TE on the NFL level while playing football for only a couple years, I can imagine what he might be in a couple more.  He could become something special. 

IMO, I think he's the reason they let Fleener walk. 

He's progressing pretty well and he's cheap... I like him as depth, but would much rather re-sign Doyle than see Swoope be the #2 next year. 

Of course, Jake Butt would be all of our favorite if we took him early in the draft... I mean, c'mon... How do you not instantly love a dude named "Jake"?

I have watched every Colts game and I don't see that he is worth much for the amount of time he has been here. He caught some balls and dropped quite a few others. A good UDFA would probably be ahead of him at this stage.

I would rather we develop a real TE (even UDFA) who has played college ball.

6 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

He's progressing pretty well and he's cheap... I like him as depth, but would much rather re-sign Doyle than see Swoope be the #2 next year. 

Of course, Jake Butt would be all of our favorite if we took him early in the draft... I mean, c'mon... How do you not instantly love a dude named "Jake"?

He'd be the butt end of all tight end jokes that's for sure.

I'll see myself out.