Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. Hilton's Really Having a Great Season

Luck2Hilton4TD

T.Y. Hilton Moves Pretty Fast. If Colts Fans Don’t Stop, Look Around, We Could Miss His Special Season

2nd in receiving yards only to Antonio Brown. On a pace for potential career highs. 

"However, Hilton has the 5th most first downs among all wide receivers this season.

The only wide receivers ahead of him are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Mike Evans (6’5″, 231 pounds), the Atlanta Falcons Julio Jones (6’3″, 220 pounds), the Pittsburgh Steelers Antonio Brown (again, the best wide receiver in football), and the Arizona Cardinals Larry Fitzgerald (6’3″, 218 pounds).

Besides Brown, Hilton has been performing at an ‘elite level of possession wideout’ of players that are at least 4 inches taller and roughly 40 pounds heavier."

And he brings confidence/swagger to the whole offense as a byproduct of him elevating his game. He's definitely making noise in the league, especially w/the fantasy football crowd. And having Crief coming into his own swan song alongside of Hilton, just like TY did by coming up/learning beside Reggie, and ditto for Reggie/Marvelous. On top of this we still have ample time to see what the youngsters on the team have to offer. 

50 minutes ago, Luck2Hilton4TD said:

T.Y. Hilton Moves Pretty Fast. If Colts Fans Don’t Stop, Look Around, We Could Miss His Special Season

2nd in receiving yards only to Antonio Brown. On a pace for potential career highs. 

"However, Hilton has the 5th most first downs among all wide receivers this season.

The only wide receivers ahead of him are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Mike Evans (6’5″, 231 pounds), the Atlanta Falcons Julio Jones (6’3″, 220 pounds), the Pittsburgh Steelers Antonio Brown (again, the best wide receiver in football), and the Arizona Cardinals Larry Fitzgerald (6’3″, 218 pounds).

Besides Brown, Hilton has been performing at an ‘elite level of possession wideout’ of players that are at least 4 inches taller and roughly 40 pounds heavier."

He is second only to Jones he is 35 yards ahead of brown.

1 minute ago, Luck2Hilton4TD said:

I think Hilton's playing like a Top 5 WR right now. I'd safely take Brown, Julio, Beckham ahead of him, but I think he's right below that tier recently. 

I would put AJ Green (when healthy) and Mike Evans ahead of him as well, but I honestly can't think of anyone else. He's stepped up a lot for sure. We're lucky to have him.

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would put AJ Green (when healthy) and Mike Evans ahead of him as well, but I honestly can't think of anyone else. He's stepped up a lot for sure. We're lucky to have him.

Good call on A.J. Green. I think one could easily argue Evans--but I think Hilton's had a little longer body of work (at least for me), although there's no question that Evans is a physical monster. 

Maybe Hopkins if he had a better quarterback? 

14 minutes ago, Luck2Hilton4TD said:

Good call on A.J. Green. I think one could easily argue Evans--but I think Hilton's had a little longer body of work (at least for me), although there's no question that Evans is a physical monster. 

Maybe Hopkins if he had a better quarterback? 

I had Hopkins ahead of Hilton at the beginning of the year, but moved Hilton ahead as of this year. Yes, Hilton has Luck and Hopkins has Osweiler, but a lot of WR's have been solid no1s with bad QB's and they have to carry the team, especially when being targeted as much as they do. Will Fuller is starting to take over that no1 role of WR on the Texans now, and by the end of 2017, I predict he'll be better than Hopkins.

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I had Hopkins ahead of Hilton at the beginning of the year, but moved Hilton ahead as of this year. Yes, Hilton has Luck and Hopkins has Osweiler, but a lot of WR's have been solid no1s with bad QB's and they have to carry the team, especially when being targeted as much as they do. Will Fuller is starting to take over that no1 role of WR on the Texans now, and by the end of 2017, I predict he'll be better than Hopkins.

Trade Dorsett for fuller lol 

22 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Hilton still eclipsed over 1,000 yards last year even having the revolving door at QB when luck went out so I don't buy into the argument that he's only good because of luck. I beleive you can put him on almost any team and he will make plays

6 minutes ago, twfish said:

Hilton still eclipsed over 1,000 yards last year even having the revolving door at QB when luck went out so I don't buy into the argument that he's only good because of luck. I beleive you can put him on almost any team and he will make plays

I didn't argue that at all. In fact, I argued that Hopkins should be good with or without a top QB because of the number of targets he gets. You completely missed my point.

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Brown, but I have Hilton as a top 10 receiver and love having him on the team. Probably the 2nd or 3rd most important person on the entire team.

I agree. Its no coincidence that our offense usually struggles when Hilton has a bad game. When Hilton is on our offense is tough to stop.

He's top 13 in most meaningful stats this year. He's not big on TD's, but he is not our primary red zone target. He just gets us there! Not sure why we need to bracket him as a top 3, top 5, top 10 WR anyway. Just be lucky we have him. It's also a Colts trademark, smallish but fantastic recievers. Wouldn't swap him for anyone, particularly the prima donna show pony that is Oh Hell Beckham.....

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I didn't argue that at all. In fact, I argued that Hopkins should be good with or without a top QB because of the number of targets he gets. You completely missed my point.

I wasn't arguing with you, I was just adding to your point.

He's been pretty fantastic this year that's for sure, and I'm not a big TY guy. 

I feel he does most most of his damage in Zones. He always seems to find the open spot and get to it. Id like to know if there are stats to back that up and where they would be. 

7 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

He's top 13 in most meaningful stats this year. He's not big on TD's, but he is not our primary red zone target. He just gets us there! Not sure why we need to bracket him as a top 3, top 5, top 10 WR anyway. Just be lucky we have him. It's also a Colts trademark, smallish but fantastic recievers. Wouldn't swap him for anyone, particularly the prima donna show pony that is Oh Hell Beckham.....

Typo. Top 3, not 13. But you probably worked that out. 

There's very few WR I want over hilton. Julio Jones, Healthy AJ green and a younger Fitzgerald. So basically 2 WR. Obj is way top much of a primadonna for me. Brown and hilton are on the same level for me, Hilton seems more surgical at the position while brown more energetic in his play style. Hilton keeps putting up big numbers and he's developed into a more polished route runner and a true #1 that can do it all. What a pick.

8 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I agree. Its no coincidence that our offense usually struggles when Hilton has a bad game. When Hilton is on our offense is tough to stop.

LMAO. It has Nothing to do with Hilton being on.
 Andrew is Always looking for him. Some defenses have the Corners to be physical and OC`s scheme for him.
  Chud is coming up with more and more good route packages.
 And you can see Andrew having more and more passes that are DOWN and leading his receivers.
 About ______ time for the Greatest prospect in 25 years!!!!
  If we could have Tackles who could pass block and Guards that could pull, and RB`s that could bounce it outside, my we would have a Juggernaut!!

Not sure where they got the stat that he's 2nd to Antonio Brown.  He's 2nd to Julio Jones, with Antonio Brown sitting in 4th.

16 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Now just imagine if he did show up in many games where he struggles.. He would have had a shot at 1700yds or more

lets see how he plays on Sunday since he played well last week.  

It's a common misconception that great WRs show up in every game.  The receiving yards leaders this year are Julio Jones, Hilton, Mike Evans, Antonio Brown, and Odell Beckham.  Those guys have had games where they've posted receiving totals of 16, 29, and 29 for Julio, 38, 50, and 59 for Evans, 39, 39, and 54 for Brown, and 49, 46, and 46 for Odell.  You can't expect a receiver to have 100 yards a game every week.

13 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Not sure where they got the stat that he's 2nd to Antonio Brown.  He's 2nd to Julio Jones, with Antonio Brown sitting in 4th.

It's a common misconception that great WRs show up in every game.  The receiving yards leaders this year are Julio Jones, Hilton, Mike Evans, Antonio Brown, and Odell Beckham.  Those guys have had games where they've posted receiving totals of 16, 29, and 29 for Julio, 38, 50, and 59 for Evans, 39, 39, and 54 for Brown, and 49, 46, and 46 for Odell.  You can't expect a receiver to have 100 yards a game every week.

I can see  comments now from our happy crowd. "Yes, so TY had 1800 yards, but he got under 40 yards in 3 games, and no.1 receivers don't do that. He's definitely mid tier......"

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:52 AM, TDewar1987 said:

Can't wait to see how many more yards TY puts up in the next 4 games. This will be his best year yet. TY usually has a really good game against Houston, the last game was an anomaly because Moncrief was out.

When I look back..I'm more impressed with 2015 when he caught 69 for 1,124 yards with Andrew Luck missing 8 games........

....I liked Pierre Garcon but TY seems faster