Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FINAL Injury Report vs Texans

TKnight24

With Robinson out, the coaching staff has got to know by now not to put Butler on the outside at CB.

I'm good with Vontae and Melvin on the outside, Adams and Butler at safety. If they need Butler in the slot, then I guess Green will have to come in. 

It's Morrison in coverage that I'm worried about. 

4 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

With Robinson out, the coaching staff has got to know by now not to put Butler on the outside at CB.

I'm good with Vontae and Melvin on the outside, Adams and Butler at safety. If they need Butler in the slot, then I guess Green will have to come in. 

The Texans throw to the TE more than most teams. Look for Fedorowics to be targeted often against Morrison.

2 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Look for us to trot out 3 safeties (add Green), and 1 ILB (Morrison out).

We would have Adams and Green at the safety spots. Butler will be in the Nickel, with Davis and Melvin on the outside. Who will be the third safety? I remember doing this when Geathers was playing, but he is out this week.

7 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I wouldn't. Cut him, re-sign Darius Butler, Keep Rashaan Melvin, and try again for a second corner in FA or the draft.

it will be interesting to see what happens, especially with butler.  hes having one of his best seasons and looks like he could certainly play safety

he will be 31 on opening day next year, and its pretty rare for a corner back to get a new contract at that age.  he would be one of the smallest safetys in the league though, definitely the smallest starter

9 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

it will be interesting to see what happens, especially with butler.  hes having one of his best seasons and looks like he could certainly play safety

he will be 31 on opening day next year, and its pretty rare for a corner back to get a new contract at that age.  he would be one of the smallest safetys in the league though, definitely the smallest starter

I'd keep Butler in the slot and not worry about him at safety depending on Green's development. He won't cost much and if we needed a safety at any time he would be there. 

1 hour ago, SVFD Colts Fan said:

@TKnight24 thanks for all the updates but the threads with twitter in them are really hard to read with the screen scrolling constantly.

Yeah, it jumps on my phone screen. It doesn't do it on my laptop though. And I'm not really sure I can do anything to make it stop jumping 

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Jaelen Strong and Braxton Miller are both out for the Texans.  Johnathon Joseph is questionable, I read earlier in the week that he was doubtful. 

Where did you see that?  Are you sure Strong is out?

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Jaelen Strong and Braxton Miller are both out for the Texans.  Johnathon Joseph is questionable, I read earlier in the week that he was doubtful. 

Nevermind I found it.   Having him and Braxton Miller out is a good thing. Mainly speaking about Strong.

Robinson being out sucks. You guys will be surprised to hear this from me but I have a lot of confidence that Rashan Melvin can hold it down with Robinson out. And Butler has looked good recently.

If anyone has benefited from these crazy injuries this season, it's Ridgeway. With Kerr out he'll see even more action.

4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Earl is the smallest and look at him lol

3 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

With all these attempts at fixing 2CB through FA not coming to fruition, plus with Davis' health (he's no iron man), the Colts may need to think about investing an early pick into a CB. Perhaps a 2nd.            

I'd skip this year on CB and go olb  first two rounds and OLINE in the third again 

26 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Strong is trash though. His only notable performance was against us last season. Hasn't done anything in the league since. 

His only notable performances have been against us is the key word.  I don't view him as a baller either although I will say I haven't seen them make much  use of him.  I'll say that before I say he's trash. I do know Obrien goes to him more against us.  With him and Braxton Miller out there's really not much Osweiler has to choose from.  Hopkins won't get much done with Vontae on him.  There's really not much left other than Fuller and Fiedorowicz.    I like it that way.  With Morrison on the field I'm going to assume we may see them make more use of those backs in the passing game.   Akeem Hunt is pretty fast at 4.3.

6 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

i concur

11 hours ago, krunk said:

His only notable performances have been against us is the key word.  I don't view him as a baller either although I will say I haven't seen them make much  use of him.  I'll say that before I say he's trash. I do know Obrien goes to him more against us.  With him and Braxton Miller out there's really not much Osweiler has to choose from.  Hopkins won't get much done with Vontae on him.  There's really not much left other than Fuller and Fiedorowicz.    I like it that way.  With Morrison on the field I'm going to assume we may see them make more use of those backs in the passing game.   Akeem Hunt is pretty fast at 4.3.

Until Osweiler gets his **** together or the Texans find a quality QB no receiver is going to look very good for the Texans. Hopkins numbers have even suffered this year because Osweiler has been inept. Strong has to improve his route running but he has enough speed to beat corners deep and can high point the ball

I'm feeling some kind of way about not picking up Casey Hayward and Opting to go with Patrick Robinson. Heyward is sitting there with 7 picks and can play on the outside. Meanwhile Robinson is inconsistent when he plays and we never even know when he will play half the time. Wish we would have gone with Heyward now. Iwas okay with Robinson at first, but its become more clear that Heyward should have been our move.

16 hours ago, aaron11 said:

Nitpicking, but a quick Google search gives me that Butler is 5-10, 188. Tyrann Mathieu in comparison is 5-9, 186. Smaller side for sure, but possible

IMOP The Texans are more than likely to run against the colts to keep Andrew off the field. They do not want to get in a shoot out in this game. The Texans are aware of the cb situation for the colts but would rather run clock management in this one. The promblem with the colts are no matter who plays at cb if you cannot put a little pressure on the qb your corners will be non effective. If the colts can contain the texans qb who likes to scramble and put a little pressure on him and play tight on the wide outs, Then the corners will be extremely effective but then you have morrison he is the one that concerns everyone here.