Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most hated teams

Arodgers12

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patriots (they are in a league of their own when it comes to hate).

Texans/Steelers

Broncos (I really hate Elway so I have a hard time cheering for Broncos cheered for them with Peyton though) Seahawks (Don't actually mind the team just hate the bandwagon they have developed it's almost as bad as the *s one.)

Teams I cheer for

Bengals

Vikings

Bills

and any one playing the Patriots

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

1. Patriots

2. Steelers

3. Texans

4. Cowboys (though not as much as others).

I like a lot of other teams, and generally prefer rooting for the underdogs. But I always root for Green Bay, Oakland and Tampa (for some reason) whenever they play.

^ this

After watching our game on MNF and seeing how dirty the Jets play, they might be the team that I hate more than any other. They had no interest in competing, all they wanted to do was take cheap shots at our WRs and QB. So I guess I'd say my order is:

1. Jets

2. Chargers (carryover from Manning era)

3. Pats (definitely dislike them, but I do respect them and I actually do enjoy watching their games because they are that good)

4. Cowboys  

5. Texans (I hope we PUMMEL them on Sunday)

3 hours ago, Nadine said:

Steelers

Patriots

Jets

Chargers

Packers

Like me, many Colts fans don't seem to "hate" their division rivals. Perhaps it is because I don't live in the Midwest and don't have to interact with fans of the Bears, Packers or Lions. In fact, I "like" the Lions. Anyway, the teams I dislike the most are:

1. Cowboys (since the early '90s)

2. Patriots (since the "gates")

To a lesser extent

3. Saints (although I like Drew)

4. Packers (win too much haha)

5. Rams (mostly because of their fans)

Teams I like when they don't play the Vikes:

Colts (Dungy, Luck, Manning & others)

Giants 

Bengals

Chargers (big Rivers fan since his NC State days)

4 hours ago, coltsleafs said:

Patriots (they are in a league of their own when it comes to hate).

Texans/Steelers

Broncos (I really hate Elway so I have a hard time cheering for Broncos cheered for them with Peyton though) Seahawks (Don't actually mind the team just hate the bandwagon they have developed it's almost as bad as the *s one.)

Teams I cheer for

Bengals

Vikings

Bills

and any one playing the Patriots

Soon as the Seahawks became a dominant team people came out of the woodwork cheering for them.  Long time fans of another team and people who didn't even know what the NFL is.  I used to think their fans were a bunch of 13 year olds who never even watched football 

31 minutes ago, bradgt04 said:

Soon as the Seahawks became a dominant team people came out of the woodwork cheering for them.  Long time fans of another team and people who didn't even know what the NFL is.  I used to think their fans were a bunch of 13 year olds who never even watched football 

I do feel bad for the lifelong good Patriots and Seahawks fans because these bandwagon fans have made them the most hated fans in the game.

1. Patriots - They stopped us from going to the SB in 2003 and 2014. They also wont go away as they have been Very Good to Great now for 16 straight seasons since 2001, Spygate/Deflategate, etc.. I just don't care for them.

2. Steelers - They have our number and the Playoff losses to them in 1995 and 2005 sting! We got screwed by the REFS against them in the 1995 Title Game.

3. Texans - Because they are in our Division and have been the only team that has been a threat to the Colts in the South in the Andrew Luck era. So far in the Luck era it's 2-2 on who wins the South between Texans/Colts. This season breaks the tiebreaker. Bragging rights are on the line regarding the AFC South over the last 5 seasons this season.

4. Seahawks - It's an Andrew Luck/ Russell Wilson thing, I just want to see Andrew Luck succeed more and go down as the best QB in our Draft. That is just being a Colts fan I guess.

-After that I really don't hate any other teams. I really don't care for Cam Newton because I think he's cocky and gets way too much hype but he hasn't won a SB so in general I don't hate the Panthers. They stink this season to boot so they are irrelevant at this point in the season and wont even make the Playoffs.

Look, I understand a fan's extreme dislike of NE. I wouldn't classify it as hatred though. More like envy where a rival fan resents all their Lombardi trophies & longterm success for more than a decade now. 

Fans can deplore whatever team they want of course. I just get frustrated when INDY's level of Championship success falls far short of Foxbourgh's I guess. Having said all that, it's not like BB, Robert Kraft, & Tom Brady aren't smart, seasoned, or experienced either. Even if I accept the fact that stealing defensive signals can be a huge asset to an offense thru spy gate, plays still need to be executed on the field: 1st downs, 3rd down conversions, & clock management in order to win multiple rings, not to mention overcoming snow, wind, rain, & sleet too. 

I give Bill more latitude because I saw what a brilliant DC he was under Parcells in NY. 

For me, the only team I have DISDAIN for is Dallas & more specifically Jerry Jones. I don't honor 20 yrs worth of irrelevancy & false hype. I do like Dak though. Nice kid who works his caboose off. 

14 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Look, I understand a fan's extreme dislike of NE. I wouldn't classify it as hatred though. More like envy where a rival fan resents all their Lombardi trophies & longterm success for more than a decade now. 

Fans can deplore whatever team they want of course. I just get frustrated when INDY's level of Championship success falls far short of Foxbourgh's I guess. Having said all that, it's not like BB, Robert Kraft, & Tom Brady aren't smart, seasoned, or experienced either. Even if I accept the fact that stealing defensive signals can be a huge asset to an offense thru spy gate, plays still need to be executed on the field: 1st downs, 3rd down conversions, & clock management in order to win multiple rings, not to mention overcoming snow, wind, rain, & sleet too. 

I give Bill more latitude because I saw what a brilliant DC he was under Parcells in NY. 

For me, the only team I have DISDAIN for is Dallas & more specifically Jerry Jones. I don't honor 20 yrs worth of irrelevancy & false hype. I do like Dak though. Nice kid who works his caboose off. 

I don't mind the Cowboys doing well, unless we play them in the SB then to me what they do really doesn't matter IMO. When it comes to a team like the Seahawks then you have the Wilson/Luck comparison's because they got drafted the same season. If the Cowboys and Seahawks play in the Playoffs I am rooting for Dallas.

1. New England (BY FARRRRRR)

2. (In no particular order)

Seahawks

Jets

Chargers

Texans

Titans

Bears

In terms of teams that I root for:

Any team that is playing NE (even the seahawks), Panthers, Giants, Bills, Broncos, Raiders, Cards

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

4. Seahawks - It's an Andrew Luck/ Russell Wilson thing, I just want to see Andrew Luck succeed more and go down as the best QB in our Draft. That is just being a Colts fan I guess.

The Hawks from the Pacific NW is an interesting selection CBE. 

The thing that bothered me as a WI Badger alumni was the instantaneous love RW got so quick from the league or maybe booth game announcers themselves. They pulled out all the Drew Brees comparisons & Fran Tarkenton comparisons way too quick. It's not that RW isn't athletically gifted & he is very humble. I just didn't think his team deserved to go to their 2nd SB & beating GB after playing lousy for 3 & a half quarters. 

Yeah, I know. Luck is what makes the post season magical. I get it. It's just that when a QB has an bad day at the office for most of the game--They don't deserve to advance toward another ring IMO. 

I know some fans might dislike Richard Sherman's on field ego during games in some circles too. However, I admire how intelligent the guy is in the secondary & off the field. Mr. Sherman is a well versed reader & writer as well. 

Okay, if I being honest, Peyton & the Broncos being humiliated by Pete Carroll's squad in 2013 royally ticked me off. I won't lie. haha

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Teams I like when they don't play the Vikes:

Colts (Dungy, Luck, Manning & others)

Giants 

Bengals

Chargers (big Rivers fan since his NC State days)

When JPP went under the knife recently, I was not a happy camper at all. First, I couldn't watch INDY play well on Natl. TV & now 1 of my favorite pass rushers on BIG BLUE is down & out. Rough week for SW1 man. 

Yeah, Philip is fun to watch especially with Dan Fouts covering games on the air with commentary. Dan is very funny & he loves Philip. He'll just say off the wall stuff about patrons in the stands & being bummed out that "the most interesting man alive" pitchman is a new guy since Dan looked almost identical, or very similar, to the old alcoholic beverage spokesman. 

Dan used to go tricker treating as the Dos Equis guy & can't anymore. Poor Dan. 

28 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

The Hawks from the Pacific NW is an interesting selection CBE. 

The thing that bothered me as a WI Badger alumni was the instantaneous love RW got so quick from the league or maybe booth game announcers themselves. They pulled out all the Drew Brees comparisons & Fran Tarkenton comparisons way too quick. It's not that RW isn't athletically gifted & he is very humble. I just didn't think his team deserved to go to their 2nd SB & beating GB after playing lousy for 3 & a half quarters. 

Yeah, I know. Luck is what makes the post season magical. I get it. It's just that when a QB has an bad day at the office for most of the game--They don't deserve to advance toward another ring IMO. 

I know some fans might dislike Richard Sherman's on field ego during games in some circles too. However, I admire how intelligent the guy is in the secondary & off the field. Mr. Sherman is a well versed reader & writer as well. 

Okay, if I being honest, Peyton & the Broncos being humiliated by Pete Carroll's squad in 2013 royally ticked me off. I won't lie. haha

It's just more of a Wilson/Luck thing, I couldn't stand the Redskins there for a minute either in 2012 when RG3/Luck were battling for Rookie of the Year. Yes the media kisses Luck's rear end quite a bit but not like they did RG3 and have Wilson's. Because Wilson has won a SB their fan base in general think he is better than Luck and so do many other fans and media.

7 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

1. Patriots

2. Steelers

3. Texans

4. Cowboys (though not as much as others).

I like a lot of other teams, and generally prefer rooting for the underdogs. But I always root for Green Bay, Oakland and Tampa (for some reason) whenever they play.

Your first 3 is mine too, I had Seahawks 4th though.