Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The entertaining Colts vs. Texans score prediction game

Happy2BeHere

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am with you but we set the bar so high in Luck's first 3 years that anything less than going to the SB wont satisfy some people. I am about winning SB's as well but realize only 1 team can win it all so I do think winning the Division and winning 1 Playoff game is a Good season. Is it Great, no but only 1 team can say they had a Great season and that is the SB Champion. I think until we get a signature win the team wont win some people over. Beating Houston wont do it as most of us expect it, beating Oakland may do it since they are 10-2?

I think a win over Houston and a win over Oakland would win people over.   To be fair to the cautious of us, the Colts haven't beaten good teams this year, with the exception of the Titans and Green Bay (neither of which I think are very good teams).  

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Beating Oakland won't magically make Pagano and Grigson great at their jobs either.  

Those of us who do not like Pagano and Grigson can still root for the Colts.   I've never felt that you "MUST" like every person associated with the team. 

Well at least you are rooting for the Colts.  This forum has Grigson and Pagano haters who root for the Colts to lose so Jim can fire them both.  Such losers and shallow thinkers.  Not fans just haters with inflated egos.  The players are playing their hearts out for the team and the fans but they don't care.   It's fire them both or nothing. With any luck they will jump on another team that can give them immediate gratification. 

9 hours ago, krunk said:

I think a lot of people are trying to hold the team to account for what happened in some of the earlier games this season, while not watching what is going on in the present.  If we win this game that will be 4 wins in a row with Luck at the QB, 4 games we played a full 60 minutes and closed the games out.   I'm throwing the Pitt game out because Luck was not there. 

4 Wins in a row with Luck at QB tells you the Colts are headed in another direction in terms of the level of play and attention to the details.  At least it does to me.    But for some reason the bulk of this forum will still keep this mentality that it's all a farce.   I know what the season started as, but I'm more interested in what's happening in the Now. 4 wins consecutively with Luck at the QB gives me a bit of confidence that we can maintain this. I don't find much reason to keep calling them a bad team, badly coached, low talent and all the other stuff people keep holding on to.

I fully expect we will get to that 4th win this Sunday.

I like this post a lot because i think it shows the growth throughout the season and shows how the coaching changes in the off-season have now settled in the team and are now making progress. I know there are older players on defence but come next year we are going to be a young team unless we go hard in FA at a lot of Vets. Of our own FA i can see Doyle definitely brought back and maybe Walden, Ayers and Turbin/Todman. but our OLB core will have to be replenished through draft/Fa so that will get younger and as seen with DQ being out our ILB is now a very young core as is our DL. Before FA and Draft our D could look like this
Safeties: Green, Geathers
CB: Davis, Melvin, Robinson
OLB: Deon King( only one on the roster)

ILB: E. Jackson, D.Jackson(If we keep him)

DL: Ridgeway, Parry, Langford
(or: Anderson, Jones, McGill)
Growth takes time and i think we are now seeing fruits of labour beginning to bud, hopefully it'll continue.
As for Texans i think it'll be closer than we think regardless of form so i'm saying 19-24 Colts. 

8 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Meh, sacks aren't everything. He's top 5 in tackles for loss and number two in run stuffing plays. 

That would be scary if we ran the ball...... But you guys already know we aren't a running team.

Not a dig at you, the Texans or Clowney btw, just saying how our offense works.

20 hours ago, krunk said:

I think a lot of people are trying to hold the team to account for what happened in some of the earlier games this season, while not watching what is going on in the present.  If we win this game that will be 4 wins in a row with Luck at the QB, 4 games we played a full 60 minutes and closed the games out.   I'm throwing the Pitt game out because Luck was not there. 

4 Wins in a row with Luck at QB tells you the Colts are headed in another direction in terms of the level of play and attention to the details.  At least it does to me.    But for some reason the bulk of this forum will still keep this mentality that it's all a farce.   I know what the season started as, but I'm more interested in what's happening in the Now. 4 wins consecutively with Luck at the QB gives me a bit of confidence that we can maintain this. I don't find much reason to keep calling them a bad team, badly coached, low talent and all the other stuff people keep holding on to.

I fully expect we will get to that 4th win this Sunday.

Colts maybe getting hot at the right time. We have seen it many times with many different teams. 

31-16. Luck throws for 356 yards and 3 more touchdowns and Gore punches in another TD. The Texans only score one touchdown on a long run by Lamar Miller. Other than that, they don't even get to the redzone. Luck is sacked only once as the offensive line continues to mesh and look a lot better. The improving line play allows Gore to rush for 84 yards on 18 carries, averaging 4.67 ypc. TJ Green gets his first career interception, and his fellow rookie starter Hassan Ridgeway gets 1.5 sacks. NFL.com and ESPN articles start asking if the Colts are legitimate threats to make the Super Bowl with the way we have played recently. 

If the Colts lose, their realistic playoff aspirations are over, imho.

That being said, they should have cruised to victory in their last meeting against the Texans, but this time they actually will.  Colts win 34-17, with the Texans getting a late garbage time TD.   With this game, Osweiller cements himself as one of the biggest FA busts in history, as I predicted before the season began that he would be.

I feel with Moncrief back in the mix we will put up around 35 points this time as long as we get control of some of those blitzes they were doing to mess up our drives.  If the protection is better then I expect 35 points.   If it's not better then I expect about 25.

22 minutes ago, krunk said:

I feel with Moncrief back in the mix we will put up around 35 points this time as long as we get control of some of those blitzes they were doing to mess up our drives.  If the protection is better then I expect 35 points.   If it's not better then I expect about 25.

If we score 35 plus, I will be feeling really confident heading into the Minnesota game.  I hope your right. 

15 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

If we score 35 plus, I will be feeling really confident heading into the Minnesota game.  I hope your right. 

If we block and tweak the scheme to take pressure off the line I will be.  I know the mentality that Chuck is instilling right now and it's "Be Vicious".  We are going for the jugular.  Count it!

The team that makes the fewest mistakes. Hopefully Luck has focused now for the fun for the gold.  The Texans are banged up in their secondary and Clowney may not play but I have  feeling if he can walk he will play in coach Obrien's mind. Jackson's suspension will hurt against a good Texans rush. Get on the board first and so Osweiller has to operate under pressure which he is not much good at. Tennessee stands to beat Denver putting more pressure on the winner of this game. There are a few important games this weekend playoff wise and this is ours.

7 hours ago, Chucklez said:

That would be scary if we ran the ball...... But you guys already know we aren't a running team.

Not a dig at you, the Texans or Clowney btw, just saying how our offense works.

Well, the Texans are top 5 in pass defense as well. Good enough for you? :P

Osweiler is literally the worst QB in the NFL. He has one more td to INT (14 to 13) with 5 fumbles and only two games with 250 yds or more. Clowney will actually be more of a threat, and this comes from someone who thought Clowney would be a complete bust. It will ultimately depend on how Lamar Miller does against the Colts for the Texans, and how the Texans can withstand the Colts passing attack. I say the Texans get a fair amount of pressure with Clowney and Mercilus, but their CB's are average, IMO, and we will beat them 28-17.

6 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Well, the Texans are top 5 in pass defense as well. Good enough for you? :P

Bouye is a fun little CB I'd love to have on the Colts, but he's fallen off the map a bit. Joseph is good, he'll do his job. More worried about Demps then anything, he's on his game right now. Have to see.

52 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Osweiler is literally the worst QB in the NFL. He has one more td to INT (14 to 13) with 5 fumbles and only two games with 250 yds or more. Clowney will actually be more of a threat, and this comes from someone who thought Clowney would be a complete bust. It will ultimately depend on how Lamar Miller does against the Colts for the Texans, and how the Texans can withstand the Colts passing attack. I say the Texans get a fair amount of pressure with Clowney and Mercilus, but their CB's are average, IMO, and we will beat them 28-17.

Didn't he have one of his 250 passing yard games vs the Colts? lol.  Lamar Miller is hurting too from what I've read.  You're right on the money about their corners being average, especially with Joseph potentially not playing. 

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Bouye is a fun little CB I'd love to have on the Colts, but he's fallen off the map a bit. Joseph is good, he'll do his job. More worried about Demps then anything, he's on his game right now. Have to see.

Bouye is definitely a pleasant surprise in the secondary. I hate that we had to lose Kevin Johnson for the year, but the other guys have stepped up. 

6 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

Bouye is definitely a pleasant surprise in the secondary. I hate that we had to lose Kevin Johnson for the year, but the other guys have stepped up. 

Sometimes an injury helps out in the long run too. Guys getting experience and such. At least you know what you have when the injured player gets back. 

1 hour ago, corgi said:

Sometimes an injury helps out in the long run too. Guys getting experience and such. At least you know what you have when the injured player gets back. 

Yep no doubt. Next man up can unearth some diamonds too. 

Well the Colts avg giving up 27.4 ppg and I think I heard Houston avg's scoring 17.7 the middle ground there is Houston (23) So I will say the Colts passing offense is clicking, and could probably hang a 30 burger on Houston except that at least 50% of the Texans offense will eat the clock by running the ball so I will say the Colts will clip (24) on them cause they just wont have the time for the 30 Burger. Colts 24-23

On 12/9/2016 at 10:35 AM, krunk said:

Even the guys at Stamepede Blue are noticing the changes:

What happened to the Colts we know and hate?

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/12/7/13876846/what-happened-to-the-colts-we-know-and-hate

The defense seems to play better with Butler at safety and Pound Cake getting more minutes. Not to mention Ridgeway I think has helped up the play on the d line.

The only thing that makes me a little nervous of this game is that EVERYBODY seems to be picking the Colts.  I guess most did vs. the Jets too but they have mailed it in.  The Texans still have a lot to play for.  I think all things being equal the Colts SHOULD win this one, especially at home.  But that's what makes me nervous about it because I think the Colts tend to play better when the chips are down and nobody expects them to win, like say at Oakland.  Hope I'm wrong about this and I still say Colts win but it will probably be closer than we all like it just because.