Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The entertaining Colts vs. Texans score prediction game

Happy2BeHere

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like being confident this week.  27-17 Colts!  This is the biggest game of the year up to this point.  I think that if Luck gets protected and Gore can get going a little bit that the Colts will score plenty of points. I am hoping the D gets Geathers back and can make it hard for Houston's offense to move the ball.  They should be playing with a chip on their shoulders after giving up two late touchdowns in two minutes last time the two teams played.

28 minutes ago, krunk said:

I really feel good if Clowney doesn't play.

All you need to do is call the local police...they are on high alert due to the clown controversy. Just give them a call and tell them you have located the true Clowney and he's a threat to the people of Indianapolis. They'll get right on it.

2 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I'd be sleep at halftime as more than likely this score would almost ensure I'd have a first round exit in the fantasy football playoffs as the #2 seed 

I wondered what the lowest score ever was so I googled it and here's what I came up with....true or not I don't know but I'm sure it is accurate.

"the last game that ended 3-0 was a New York Jets win against the Washington Redskins on Dec. 11, 1993. The last scoreless tie in league history took place Nov. 11, 1943, in a game between the visiting New York Giants and Detroit Lions, according to the Elias Sports Bureau"

So I guess this is possible but highly not probable. Not with the high flying Colts.

30-13 Colts. I rarely predict a blowout because we rarely blow anyone out and I always respect who we are playing but something tells me the Colts will roll in this one. Houston has trouble scoring and the Colts are out for revenge for what happened last season and earlier this season. Luck played his best game of the season last week so I see no reason why the Colts wont put up 30 points against a Defense that is banged up with injuries. The Division is now there on a silver platter for us and I trust Andrew Luck far more than I do Brock Osweiler.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

The Texans are going to try and pull out all the stops this game ranging from fake punts, wild cat,  fake kicks,  half back pass to keep the chains moving and the ball out of our hands. Book that.

You are right but that is called desperation and if their trickery doesn't work they will get blown out.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are right but that is called desperation and if their trickery doesn't work they will get blown out.

Colts fans should know from experience lol. We've had some success lately but last year was really bad.

Imma say 21-18 colts

Their secondary is banged up, Johnathon Joseph (CB) most likely will not play and Clowney is still in question but the Colts lost Jackson due to stupidity for four games so if Luck is on a hot streak and the Colts can stop their running game they could win. Osweiler is showing to be a bust and the Houston fans are calling for his head, Their backup has an staff infection in his elbow which does not matter because he is useless as well. It's  a must win and Tennessee could lose this coming week playing Denver in Tenn. The Texans average 15.3 points per game. The only time the Texans scored two touchdown this year was against the Colts in their first meeting. It's all on the plate for the Colts. Pagano told them last week to ignore everything and just beat your man. Great advice.  

Teh Bovada line is currently about 6 and I would say that's about right, only with a little more scoring this time.  The over/under is only 47 which I think is too low due to Houston's defensive injuries and the Colts being, well, less than average in that dept.  Colts 33-27. 

5 hours ago, krunk said:

I think we'll put up more points than last time.  Moncreif didn't get to play in that one.  Having him back forces them to shift focus away from T.Y.  and some of our other guys.

Not to mention Moncrief has a TD grab in all 5 games since he's been back from injury.  I would say he's a solid bet to get #6 this Sunday.

I can't believe tickets are going for as low 26 dollars online for this game. It's literally a playoff game for the Colts I don't get it. I was looking at tickets for Colts vs Oakland which back in 2010 I went and saw the Colts play them paid like 150 for amazing seats now you can't even get the worse seat in the house for that price. Crazy how things change. 

I think a lot of people are trying to hold the team to account for what happened in some of the earlier games this season, while not watching what is going on in the present.  If we win this game that will be 4 wins in a row with Luck at the QB, 4 games we played a full 60 minutes and closed the games out.   I'm throwing the Pitt game out because Luck was not there. 

4 Wins in a row with Luck at QB tells you the Colts are headed in another direction in terms of the level of play and attention to the details.  At least it does to me.    But for some reason the bulk of this forum will still keep this mentality that it's all a farce.   I know what the season started as, but I'm more interested in what's happening in the Now. 4 wins consecutively with Luck at the QB gives me a bit of confidence that we can maintain this. I don't find much reason to keep calling them a bad team, badly coached, low talent and all the other stuff people keep holding on to.

I fully expect we will get to that 4th win this Sunday.

21 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think a lot of people are trying to hold the team to account for what happened in some of the earlier games this season, while not watching what is going on in the present.  If we win this game that will be 4 wins in a row with Luck at the QB, 4 games we played a full 60 minutes and closed the games out.   I'm throwing the Pitt game out because Luck was not there. 

4 Wins in a row with Luck at QB tells you the Colts are headed in another direction in terms of the level of play and attention to the details.  At least it does to me.    But for some reason the bulk of this forum will still keep this mentality that it's all a farce.   I know what the season started as, but I'm more interested in what's happening in the Now. 4 wins consecutively with Luck at the QB gives me a bit of confidence that we can maintain this. I don't find much reason to keep calling them a bad team, badly coached, low talent and all the other stuff people keep holding on to.

I fully expect we will get to that 4th win this Sunday.

I am with you but we set the bar so high in Luck's first 3 years that anything less than going to the SB wont satisfy some people. I am about winning SB's as well but realize only 1 team can win it all so I do think winning the Division and winning 1 Playoff game is a Good season. Is it Great, no but only 1 team can say they had a Great season and that is the SB Champion. I think until we get a signature win the team wont win some people over. Beating Houston wont do it as most of us expect it, beating Oakland may do it since they are 10-2?

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am with you but we set the bar so high in Luck's first 3 years that anything less than going to the SB wont satisfy some people. I am about winning SB's as well but realize only 1 team can win it all so I do think winning the Division and winning 1 Playoff game is a Good season. Is it Great, no but only 1 team can say they had a Great season and that is the SB Champion. I think until we get a signature win the team wont win some people over. Beating Houston wont do it as most of us expect it, beating Oakland may do it since they are 10-2?

Beating Oakland won't change the minds of the people who hate Chuck Pagano and Ryan Grigson.   They'll from that point start saying Oakland wasn't as good as their record indicated.   Still won't beat New England.   That's what they'll say next.  They always find ways not to give credit.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Beating Oakland won't change the minds of the people who hate Chuck Pagano and Ryan Grigson.   They'll from that point start saying Oakland wasn't as good as their record indicated.   Still won't beat New England.   That's what they'll say next.  They always find ways not to give credit.

Yeah you are probably right, I am not even sure if Pagano and Grigs are the answer to winning a SB but I want us to win the Division anyway. I think we can get better in the offseason regardless is one good reason. If we go 6-10 or win the Division we will still have a lot of picks. We just need to make the right Draft choices where we pick and if we pick up a Free Agent make sure it's a wise pickup. A complete overhaul could cripple this team actually which some people aren't considering and if that doesn't work we are really screwed then.

31 minutes ago, krunk said:

Beating Oakland won't magically make Pagano and Grigson great at their jobs either.  

Those of us who do not like Pagano and Grigson can still root for the Colts.   I've never felt that you "MUST" like every person associated with the team.