Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck the AFC Offensive Player of the Week

snkdy

7 minutes ago, AndyLuck said:

I knew that was the throw he was talking about, under my impression, it looked like the only person with a chance to catch it was Crief

When it reach Moncrief, perhaps, but when he launched it, it could have ended up anywhere. He was not in full contol of that throw. Sometimes you need, and get that luck.....

27 minutes ago, AndyLuck said:

I knew that was the throw he was talking about, under my impression, it looked like the only person with a chance to catch it was Crief

Yes.    Luck got Lucky.     But the throw should never have been made.     Rolling to the right, and, under pressure, throwing way back to the left is, more times than not,  going to lead to something negative.

1.    Incomplete.

2.    Interception

3.    Interception leading to a touchdown

4.    (The Long Shot)     A completion.  

Luck got Lucky.      More times than not,  this is not going to work out in the Colts' favor.     It's not a pass we want Luck attempting.     Hopefully Schottenheimer and Chud have stressed that this week.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes.    Luck got Lucky.     But the throw should never have been made.     Rolling to the right, and, under pressure, throwing way back to the left is, more times than not,  going to lead to something negative.

1.    Incomplete.

2.    Interception

3.    Interception leading to a touchdown

4.    (The Long Shot)     A completion.  

Luck got Lucky.      More times than not,  this is not going to work out in the Colts' favor.     It's not a pass we want Luck attempting.     Hopefully Schottenheimer and Chud have stressed that this week.

I truly believe that our QB coach has helped Luck improve his play this season. The throw he made was what I would call a rookie mistake. As soon as he let go of that ball everyone watching was wondering where that ball was going, and it's highly unlikely that in year 5 of Andrew Luck that he wasn't also one of those people. It is also highly unlikely that he hasn't been talked to about it, considering he has played smarter under Brian. 

Now on the other hand if this happened every Sunday I would have an issue with luck not learning from that mistake, however it was the first throw I have seen him make like that, in quite some time. I highly doubt you have anything to worry about when it comes to this. His QB coaches only job, is to point out throws like that and tell him not to throw it next time. Other wise what is the point of a QB coach? There isn't one. Luck watches film after every game. Luck sees his mistakes every week. And it really isn't hard to determine on film, which throws were good, and which weren't. So why worry?

6 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I truly believe that our QB coach has helped Luck improve his play this season. The throw he made was what I would call a rookie mistake. As soon as he let go of that ball everyone watching was wondering where that ball was going, and it's highly unlikely that in year 5 of Andrew Luck that he wasn't also one of those people. It is also highly unlikely that he hasn't been talked to about it, considering he has played smarter under Brian. 

Now on the other hand if this happened every Sunday I would have an issue with luck not learning from that mistake, however it was the first throw I have seen him make like that, in quite some time. I highly doubt you have anything to worry about when it comes to this. His QB coaches only job, is to point out throws like that and tell him not to throw it next time. Other wise what is the point of a QB coach? There isn't one. Luck watches film after every game. Luck sees his mistakes every week. And it really isn't hard to determine on film, which throws were good, and which weren't. So why worry?

Luck has been watching film after every game of his career.

And he's still making silly bone-headed mistakes.

Not every interception is the same.     Some are more understandable than others.

That one?        THAT was a rookie mistake.     The kind you shouldn't be making in Year 5.

I Love Andrew Luck.     He's the reason why I'm a Colts fan.     But that doesn't mean I can't be critical of the guy every once in a while.....

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Luck has been watching film after every game of his career.

And he's still making silly bone-headed mistakes.

Not every interception is the same.     Some are more understandable than others.

That one?        THAT was a rookie mistake.     The kind you shouldn't be making in Year 5.

I Love Andrew Luck.     He's the reason why I'm a Colts fan.     But that doesn't mean I can't be critical of the guy every once in a while.....

I understand that. If you watched the SB in 09 then you would understand even the greatest QB of all time makes rookie mistakes. And that was from one HOF QB to a HOF WR.