Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck the AFC Offensive Player of the Week

snkdy

11 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Well, it's easy to be when you got time and your receivers are wide open.  

There were a few plays where he had time and his receivers were wide open, no doubt. On a few plays he had a ton of time, however, that wasn't the case on many plays.

There were several plays where Luck was simply a man on a mission (the off balance throw across the field to Moncrief) and the third touchdown pass to Dwayne Allen. That was a beautiful pass to a receiver that was well covered. Luck threw Dwayne Allen open with the ball placement.

Basically, the "AFC Offensive Player of the Week" award was well deserved.

9 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

When did you play in the NFL?

You think someone has to play in the NFL to realize Luck had all sorts of time and his receivers were wide open?

If that's true this website would have exactly ZERO posts.

It really wasn't hard to see play out before your eyes........

2 hours ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

His throw to Moncrief was a mistake.  That should have been a pick 6.  The Colts got LUCKy - pun intended.  We don't want Luck feeling like it's okay to make those throws any time he wants.

Huh?

The throw to Moncrief was about a foot off the ground.    The only person who could get a hand on it was Moncrief.       There was no chance for a Pick-6.       There was no mistake at all.

And here is a replay of the TD pass/catch, PLUS a slow-mo end zone angle replay....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016120500/2016/REG13/colts@jets#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000752290&tab=videos

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

The throw to Moncrief was about a foot off the ground.    The only person who could get a hand on it was Moncrief.       There was no chance for a Pick-6.       There was no mistake at all.

And here is a replay of the TD pass/catch, PLUS a slow-mo end zone angle replay....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016120500/2016/REG13/colts@jets#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000752290&tab=videos

I thought it was a perfect pass actually, one of the best he's made all season.

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

I think he means on the third and 9 play where he got decked but still got it off to Moncrief in the first quarter. I believe that was the only drive the Colts punted on when Luck was in.

The TD pass a beaut. 

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

I think he means on the third and 9 play where he got decked but still got it off to Moncrief in the first quarter. I believe that was the only drive the Colts punted on when Luck was in.

The TD pass a beaut. 

I sure hope you're right.....     but that's not the way I read it....

But,  I've been wrong before and this could sure be another one of those times....

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You think someone has to play in the NFL to realize Luck had all sorts of time and his receivers were wide open?

If that's true this website would have exactly ZERO posts.

It really wasn't hard to see play out before your eyes........

Epic fail. Try understanding my point first, before you get all pompous.

4 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Epic fail. Try understanding my point first, before you get all pompous.

Try to understand MY point.....     if you can make YOUR point clear enough for an internet message board so that we can all understand,     then maybe YOU'RE the one who is being pompous.

It was a dumb thing to say.      If you want to try and explain it,   and make it less dumb,   give it a shot.....

Otherwise......

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Try to understand MY point.....     if you can make YOUR point clear enough for an internet message board so that we can all understand,     then maybe YOU'RE the one who is being pompous.

It was a dumb thing to say.      If you want to try and explain it,   and make it less dumb,   give it a shot.....

Otherwise......

I don't think I will bother doing that. You would probably misunderstand my explanation anyway., dumb as it maybe. Let's just move on shall we.....

8 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

The TD pass a beaut. 

You are correct on both counts.  I apologize that my original post was not more clear.  The TD pass was magnificient.  I was indeed talking about the one where he was about to get clocked by 2 Jets and threw it all the way across the field:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016120500/2016/REG13/colts@jets#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000752241&tab=videos

There were 3 minutes to go in the first quarter and we were "only" up by 14 at the time - if that ball was even a half a second later than it was it's going back the other way and now it's 14-7, changing the whole tone of the game.  The risk does not outweigh the reward.  MAYBE if it's further down the field and there are people who can make a tackle if he does pick it you throw that, or MAYBE if it's not so close to the sideline giving Moncrief a little more space to make the catch you throw it, but the way Andrew made that play, it's either a catch or a pick 6 for the other team.

I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy I'm just saying that if there *is* a hole in Luck's game it's his decision making, pressing too much, trying too hard to make plays that just aren't there.  That was clearly a ball he should have thrown away - 7 times out of 10 that's a pick 6 IMHO.

Having said that, there's no other QB in the NFL I'd rather have on the Colts.  Love Luck.

6 minutes ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

You are correct on both counts.  I apologize that my original post was not more clear.  The TD pass was magnificient.  I was indeed talking about the one where he was about to get clocked by 2 Jets and threw it all the way across the field:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016120500/2016/REG13/colts@jets#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000752241&tab=videos

There were 3 minutes to go in the first quarter and we were "only" up by 14 at the time - if that ball was even a half a second later than it was it's going back the other way and now it's 14-7, changing the whole tone of the game.  The risk does not outweigh the reward.  MAYBE if it's further down the field and there are people who can make a tackle if he does pick it you throw that, or MAYBE if it's not so close to the sideline giving Moncrief a little more space to make the catch you throw it, but the way Andrew made that play, it's either a catch or a pick 6 for the other team.

I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy I'm just saying that if there *is* a hole in Luck's game it's his decision making, pressing too much, trying too hard to make plays that just aren't there.  That was clearly a ball he should have thrown away - 7 times out of 10 that's a pick 6 IMHO.

Having said that, there's no other QB in the NFL I'd rather have on the Colts.  Love Luck.

I agree, it looked a rather foolish throw. I. along with the commentator though he was just throwing it away. Maybe he was, but never got the power he wanted, and just got lucky. Perhaps his only poor pass of the game....

5 hours ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

You are correct!      THAT PASS was an invitation to HUGE trouble!     Should've been defended better and perhaps should've been picked clean.      Luck got lucky on that one.     

I hope in the film room,   Schottenheimer is making it clear what a poor throw that was and how Andrew should make better decisions on throws like that.       Sometimes it's better to throw the ball away and live for another down.

Sorry for the confusion......

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You are correct!      THAT PASS was an invitation to HUGE trouble!     Should've been defended better and perhaps should've been picked clean.      Luck got lucky on that one.     

I hope in the film room,   Schottenheimer is making it clear what a poor throw that was and how Andrew should make better decisions on throws like that.       Sometimes it's better to throw the ball away and live for another down.

Sorry for the confusion......

I concur. See, we can get along just fine.....

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

No.

3rd TD to Allen.....back shoulder throw......was he WIDE OPEN..?

When someone,  anyone,  makes such a claim,  it doesn't mean literally every, single throw....

Luck makes 22 completions....     if roughly 20 of them were to open receivers,  there's no need to point to two completions and say.....    "See,  not everyone was wide open"....

It's a figure of speech.

Come on now....

16 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

I agree, it looked a rather foolish throw. I. along with the commentator though he was just throwing it away. Maybe he was, but never got the power he wanted, and just got lucky. Perhaps his only poor pass of the game....

Luck addressed it in his postgame comments...he threw it exactly where he intended to. 

On 12/7/2016 at 6:14 PM, DalTXColtsFan said:

His throw to Moncrief was a mistake.  That should have been a pick 6.  The Colts got LUCKy - pun intended.  We don't want Luck feeling like it's okay to make those throws any time he wants.

He threw the ball so PERFECT. Nobody else had a chance on it except for Crief. Get real

33 minutes ago, AndyLuck said:

He threw the ball so PERFECT. Nobody else had a chance on it except for Crief. Get real

He's NOT talking about the touchdown.     I made the same assumption as you.

He's talking about a pass much earlier in the game where Luck rolled right,  and under heavy pressure,  threw back across the field to the sideline where Moncrief caught a 10 yard pass for a first down.

It was a poor decision to throw the ball because it could have and should have been at least knocked down and perhaps even picked off for a touchdown.  

Here's the play.....   the poster is correct....       he just didn't explain himself very well, which he admitted.

On 12/8/2016 at 11:05 PM, NewColtsFan said:

He's NOT talking about the touchdown.     I made the same assumption as you.

He's talking about a pass much earlier in the game where Luck rolled right,  and under heavy pressure,  threw back across the field to the sideline where Moncrief caught a 10 yard pass for a first down.

It was a poor decision to throw the ball because it could have and should have been at least knocked down and perhaps even picked off for a touchdown.  

Here's the play.....   the poster is correct....       he just didn't explain himself very well, which he admitted.

I knew that was the throw he was talking about, under my impression, it looked like the only person with a chance to catch it was Crief