Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Henry Anderson

Everyone

I will say this. Anderson seems to have more speed coming out of his stance. Early on he seemed tentative and shaky, but now he seems to be getting his confidence back. Great to see him out there mixing it up, but as others have said, next year should be an awesome year for HA. 

1 hour ago, Everyone said:

I haven't been able to watch many games this season.  Is he still recovering or is he healthy and just not playing well?  He was also the only player that Stephen Holder listed in his thumb up/down article. Any info would be appreciated.

He also had a setback with an injury to the knee that was not operated on.

8 hours ago, GoColtsWin said:

I will say this. Anderson seems to have more speed coming out of his stance. Early on he seemed tentative and shaky, but now he seems to be getting his confidence back. Great to see him out there mixing it up, but as others have said, next year should be an awesome year for HA. 

7 hours ago, Oldschoolcolt19 said:

I thought he looked pretty good in the jets game

5 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

He hasn't shown anything this season 

I think the Jet game was by far and away his best game... I wouldn't say he was 'back to form' from last year, but he looks like he's getting there.  I think a big part of the reason why our LB's looked good against the Jets (aside from the Jets are not good) was our DL play -- Anderson was a solid part of that.

22 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

Prior to the  Jets game,  I wondered what the coaches were seeing to keep playing Ridgeway.  He shows us all.  Had a great game. 

I never wondered. Hes made at least one solid play in every game. Takes rookies a while so I'm satisfied with his contribution for now.

31 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

Prior to the  Jets game,  I wondered what the coaches were seeing to keep playing Ridgeway.  He shows us all.  Had a great game. 

He has definitely come on.  He is starting now and is looking better every game.  BTW Jones is also making plays and is rounding into the player we thought we were getting when we signed him.  If he can stay healthy he can really help us out.  Add an improving Anderson to the rotation and our line is looking much better. 

Anderson looked good on Monday... Ridgeway, too. Parry had a sack, I believe.

I hate to look so far ahead in the middle of a playoff race, but I bet we will see marked improvement on both lines next season with a full offseason for this year's rookies and a healthier Anderson. 

I have been disappointed with what Anderson has given us this season, which has been very little. I don't doubt that he isn't a 100%, he was lost midway of his rookie season (loosing reps) and the parts around him haven't been consistent either. All those are certainly contributing factors imho. I hope with a full offseason, the guys can watch film, weights and learn the playbook better as well as heal up. When they return next season, I expect them all to look better in the second season under Monachino and hopefully Anderson is healed and ready 100% day 1 of the new season. He sure looked liked the next coming of a superstar before his injury.

I like the pieces we have to the defense individually, now we need to put them all together as a group, hopefully this season, but definitely for the next year and adding new high draft players to infuse even more youth and speed.

9 hours ago, richard pallo said:

He has definitely come on.  He is starting now and is looking better every game.  BTW Jones is also making plays and is rounding into the player we thought we were getting when we signed him.  If he can stay healthy he can really help us out.  Add an improving Anderson to the rotation and our line is looking much better. 

Totally agree with this,  Art played very well.  Had a couple nice defensive stops.  If he returned to form it would be very helpful since our linebacker core just took another hit. 

It normally takes at least a full year for a player to fully look like the player they were before with an ACL tear. Honestly, if we didn't already lose Kendall Langford, could've seen the Colts simply shutting down Anderson for the year--he hasn't really made much of an impact this year even though he hasn't been bad. 

As the year progresses he gets more and more back to himself.  The injury to his other knee set him back some though.

I think if he stays healthy and continues to play, he should be back to his old self (even better i'm hoping with the better pass rush repertoire), by the time the end of the regular season comes.

If Indy can just beat Texans this week and grab atleast 2 more to hopefully win the division,...his Play as stated above will come in handy.

If this is the HA we're going to have for the rest of his career, I'd be very disappointed after what he flashed last year.  He looks slow and his bull rush is not so bullish.  The jets game was his best, and I hope his recovery is eventually 100% and we see a better version of him each week. 

On 12/7/2016 at 8:38 AM, Restored said:

For some players, the first year after an ACL tear is a "comeback" year where they aren't fully 100%. I think that coupled with some of the other injuries he's had have made him not as effective.

This. It takes up to 2 years sometimes to fully recover from an ACL tear.