Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best game of Lucks career...

RockThatBlue

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Just my opinion, but Luck was a master last night. The Cincinnati playoff game was his best IMO, but I think he was even better last night. He looked like a man on a mission last night. Thoughts?

He was excellent for sure. Nobody was covering Dwayne Allen at all except for his last TD reception against Darron Lee. 

5 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

He was excellent for sure. Nobody was covering Dwayne Allen at all except for his last TD reception against Darron Lee. 

Yup and the Jets have a pretty solid defense. They held Brady in check just a week or so ago. Luck shredded that defense.

That was more about a team that quit than a team that was on a mission.  Guys were wide open last night.  Guys were getting 10 yard cushions on 3rd and short.  Jets defenders were missing tackles all over the place.  That was not the same D they played all year.

If the Colts do that to the Texans next week then I will be a believer in this team is actually getting better.  Shred HOU by 2 TD or more and then I will believe.  Until then though I will say last night was about the Jets more than the Colts.  Because let's be honest, do the Jets have a worse offense or defense than the Texans?  I mean seriously?

18 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Is this the first time in Lucks career that we were so far ahead that we could bench him for the 4th quarter? I can't remember us doing it before, as usually when we have a big lead it ends up shrinking. Not this time though!

In 2014 Luck sat out in the 4th quarter against the Jaguars and the Titans. I think he had back-to-back 4 TD games.

Part of the performance had to do with it appearing that the Jets had mailed the season in. However, Luck did look very sharp. Part of what really helped for a change was plenty of time in the pocket to throw it. He got sacked and pressured a few times but predominantly was well-protected for most of the night. It was a welcome change. Not sure I would rate this his best, but it is definitely up there.

4 hours ago, coltsfanatic24 said:
  1. Certainly one of his top 3 most efficient games of his career. The Jets aren't a good team. My favorite performance of Luck is the win vs the Seahawks. 

On that note, I would add the first Packers game at home.  He got absolutely pounded that game yet kept making big throw after big throw and won it.

12 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Just my opinion, but Luck was a master last night. The Cincinnati playoff game was his best IMO, but I think he was even better last night. He looked like a man on a mission last night. Thoughts?

You have to factor in that the Colts were playing a very, very poor Jets team that showed no heart all game long.

It's great that the Colts won big and that Luck played well....     but it would be best if Colts fans didn't read too much into Luck's performance.

We'll get a much better test Sunday when we played Houston.    That's a pretty good defense even without JJ Watt.       And we'll have more tests when we face Minnesota and Oakland.      Even J'Ville will test us more than the Jets did....

On December 6, 2016 at 1:05 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Is this the first time in Lucks career that we were so far ahead that we could bench him for the 4th quarter? I can't remember us doing it before, as usually when we have a big lead it ends up shrinking. Not this time though!

I was so looking forward to facing the Jets on MNF & you wanna know what happened? My Direct TV satellite went out due to bad weather in my area. I figured it would resolve itself in short order since NFL Network re-airs MNF around midnight, but unfortunately, that never happened. I was so furious with my satellite company. Luck plays the game of the yr in the regular season & everything on my screen goes pitch black for like 48 hours. Grr! 

I watched the highlights on the main Colts website, but it didn't do the blowout victory justice though. And does NFL Network replay this game when I finally got reception & internet service back? Of course not. 

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I was so looking forward to facing the Jets on MNF & you wanna know what happened? My Direct TV satellite went out due to bad weather in my area. I figured it would resolve itself in short order since NFL Network re-airs MNF around midnight, but unfortunately, that never happened. I was so furious with my satellite company. Luck plays the game of the yr in the regular season & everything on my screen goes pitch black for like 48 hours. Grr! 

I watched the highlights on the main Colts website, but it didn't do the blowout victory justice though. And does NFL Network replay this game when I finally got reception & internet service back? Of course not. 

That sucks! Yeah it was an enjoyable game, hopefully that doesn't happen to you again. I have U-Verse so rarely have that problem when bad weather comes through.

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That sucks! Yeah it was an enjoyable game, hopefully that doesn't happen to you again. I have U-Verse so rarely have that problem when bad weather comes through.

Thanks CBE. I appreciate the sympathy & mutual contempt for when mother nature flips over the proverbial apple cart & says "surprise, you know that game you've been looking forward to seeing all week? Well, lets throw a wrench in the works & get in touch with your pioneer spirit shall we?" 

I still had water & electricity, but no TV & online access was a very unpleasant experience. And then, I get to read threads about how well our QB, TE, & secondary looked for a game I never saw. LOL! It's kind of poetic torture in a way. I criticize Grigson & Pagano & the football Gods get even with me & mess with my love for the horseshoe. Fair enough. I have to chuckle about it. 

The hardest part was being polite to the representative on the phone while still communicating my anger over this disruption in my satellite service thru no fault of my own or theirs. I'm still having a technician come out to look over all my connections anyway since I pay additional for equipment protection & for some reason, all my local stations disappeared from the guide menu. Ah, the joys of technology right? :sarcasm:

We dominate Gang Green in the Big Apple, the largest media market in the world, & NFL Network says screw INDY fans let's replay the Falcons vs Chiefs game. Unbelievable...

In addition, I was irritate to learn from most of the TV media once my reception improved that all these pundits were looking at why the Jets failed to show up vs that the Colts actually cleaned their clock. 

So, let me get this straight...INDY wasn't supposed to beat NY's stout defense & because they did, let's pout about the outcome & not give INDY the credit they deserve. Thanks a lot Micheal Irvin. Way to be objective & reasonable there. And people wonder why I hate #88 & the Cowboys? haha

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

In addition, I was irritate to learn from most of the TV media once my reception improved that all these pundits were looking at why the Jets failed to show up vs that the Colts actually cleaned their clock. 

So, let me get this straight...INDY wasn't supposed to beat NY's stout defense & because they did, let's pout about the outcome & not give INDY the credit they deserve. Thanks a lot Micheal Irvin. Way to be objective & reasonable there. And people wonder why I hate #88 & the Cowboys? haha

All of ESPN was doing it too. The analysts and talk shows just talked about how Bad the Jets were and that they quit. Funny because before that game some of the same people said Jets would win and everyone said it would be close. Just like most people in the media had us going 6-10 (cough Heath Evan cough) and the Texans winning the Division, I wonder what they will come up with after Sunday if the Colts win again?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All of ESPN was doing it too. The analysts and talk shows just talked about how Bad the Jets were and that they quit. Funny because before that game some of the same people said Jets would win and everyone said it would be close. Just like most people in the media had us going 6-10 (cough Heath Evan cough) and the Texans winning the Division, I wonder what they will come up with after Sunday if the Colts win again?

You already know.  The Texans are sliding, Osweiler is horrible, yada yada.  Which I agree with BTW, but if you have the division title on the line you should win it, and the Colts can take a step toward that Sunday.

Just now, AZColt11 said:

You already know.  The Texans are sliding, Osweiler is horrible, yada yada.  Which I agree with BTW, but if you have the division title on the line you should win it, and the Colts can take a step toward that Sunday.

I agree with it too but to an extent. I would just like to see the media give us a little credit for once. Maybe if we beat Oakland, they will?

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Funny because before that game some of the same people said Jets would win and everyone said it would be close.

Not only that, the week before we played them, most pundits claimed that gang green was harassing Tom Brady pretty good & right after INDY mops the floor with them; NY can't play & their season is virtually over? 

Going from giving Tommy Terrific a hard time to you got dominated by Chewbacca so the Jets must suck & let's have a coaching firesafe...is a pretty intriguing flip flop there by the sports media eh? 

On 12/6/2016 at 1:48 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Cincinnati was missing their 2 best LB`ers, and had one of the worst pass rushing D`s that season.
 They rushed their 4 slow guys, we protected with 6-7 people, and they dropped their LB`ers deep and just gave easy underneath passes the first 3 quarters. Great game Andrew! 

Lucky did have for him, a lot of accurate-well placed passes. The Jets looked like they were trying to get their coaches fired. Beginning to end it was a VG game for our QB.

Pretty good game from Luck but the Jets where not playing well.

Too many receivers where wide open.

It would be different if he threw it into a lot of tight windows. . . and to be fair the final Dwayne Allen TD was a throw into a tight window.  

But a lot of it just came from wide open receivers.