Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steve Young Hammers Grigson On Pre-game Show

King Colt

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

You and I both know though that the real reason people have issues with the loss is because they want that high draft pick. But despite my predictions for the team this season, I'd much rather see them win a few games but lose in the playoffs or just miss them than watch them only win 3 games.

Not just a higher pick, but also to see Grigson and Pagano fired, and that won't happen if the Colts win the division.

12 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

When the fans are calling for his head(Grigson) due to incompetent decisions he's made, and now Steve Young, the NFL analyst notices it too, then there must be some substance of  truth behind it.....Why doesn't the old thick headed Irsay see this about his team.... Before you know it, Luck will be walking like a Zombie.

To the bolded, in order:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/bandwagon 

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

On 12/6/2016 at 10:32 AM, #12. said:

Yes, they did destroy a 3 win team who looked completely disinterested from the opening kick.  Of course, if they lose this week, they're back to sub .500 in the worst division in football and their season will be over, so we should probably hold off on the celebrations for a week.  

Regardless of if they stay in this playoff race or not, Steve Young is not wrong.  Outside the QB, this is one of the worst rosters in the league.  

I would say we have a lot of very young players with VG potential.
 They need 30 games or so to grow Together.

4 hours ago, Superman said:

Not just a higher pick, but also to see Grigson and Pagano fired, and that won't happen if the Colts win the division.

Yup. Hell we could go 6-10 and they might stay around. Although I think Grigson and Pagano won't take the Colts to a Super Bowl, I still want the Colts to be successful.

Plus I'm realistic. We could get a top 10 pick and Grigson might blow it anyways. I get why Young and fans are critical of Grigson but rooting for him to fail to see him canned isn't sensible. If he fails we all fail. Let's just hope that IF he fails big again owner realizes we need to go in another direction. Until then, Go Colts

P.S. Going to my first Colts game really changed my perspective as a fan.

On 12/6/2016 at 9:23 AM, superrep1967 said:

Do we sit and wait while Luck loses his prime?

Grigson

On 12/5/2016 at 11:30 PM, King Colt said:

Steve Young who happens to be very smart drew and quartered Grigson for having little idea on how to build this team and everyone else on the panel nodded in agreement. I know this is an old topic but the way Young pulled no punches he all but declared Grigson a blithering * and Luck will pay the price and already is. Thank you Steve Young.

GRIGSON:Nuke::explode::censored::flaming: 

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I would say we have a lot of very young players with VG potential.
 They need 30 games or so to grow Together.

OK......

Who are you?      And what have you done with throwingBBZ?!?

That is a somewhat optimistic post you made and BBZ never does that!       So, you're busted!

Just return BBZ unharmed and there will be no questions asked!          :peek:

On December 6, 2016 at 0:18 AM, TKnight24 said:

NFL Team regardless. Blowouts don't happen often and it's hard to do so.

Even the Browns who are 0-12 don't get blown out every game 

A great point TK. Decisive victories don't just fallout of the sky by accident. 

I can't really add more feedback then that since weather & a technical glitch left me in the dark for a couple of days. I am proud of Luck, Allen, Adams, & Butler though. Nice work fellas. I suppose congratulating the coaching staff would be in order too. 

Here is what I stumbled across online doing a simple google search using Young & Grigson's name: 

http://fox59.com/2016/02/10/trent-dilfer-and-steve-young-say-andrew-luck-cant-do-it-alone/

I won't say that Ryan hasn't tried to improve the OL, but I do agree with Steve that Luck's lacerated kidney occurred on Ryan's watch. 

"If he regressed at all, it’s because he was hurt. The guy will not regress unless you continue to not give him enough help." Exactly. 

4 hours ago, Superman said:

How so? 

Seeing your team play in person and being around other fans is just a totally different type of environment and energy. When you're there leave you can do nothing but root for your team. It's very hard to say "Lol we're not making the playoffs so who cares if we win". Seeing the team succeed is like the most rewarding thing ever. You forget all about missed draft pics, mediocre players, team stats, etc...

9 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Seeing your team play in person and being around other fans is just a totally different type of environment and energy. When you're there leave you can do nothing but root for your team. It's very hard to say "Lol we're not making the playoffs so who cares if we win". Seeing the team succeed is like the most rewarding thing ever. You forget all about missed draft pics, mediocre players, team stats, etc...

I've been to a handful of games (1 at Meadowlands, 2 at Metlife, Superbowl 44 in Miami, and 2 in Indy), but didn't make it to my first home game until 2 years ago and went again this year for the reunion game, definitely forgot about all the problems while we were there. I even saw Grigson 20 feet in front of me with his family before the game and didn't feel anything but hyped before the game.

On 12/5/2016 at 10:30 PM, King Colt said:

Steve Young who happens to be very smart drew and quartered Grigson for having little idea on how to build this team and everyone else on the panel nodded in agreement. I know this is an old topic but the way Young pulled no punches he all but declared Grigson a blithering * and Luck will pay the price and already is. Thank you Steve Young.

Ya, I think most NFL people know that Grigson has dropped the ball when it comes to putting an offensive line together. He tried. I'll admit that but he failed to this point. He mostly tried to fix the line with FA vets but none of them worked out and his draftees, other than Mewhort and hopefully Haeg and Good, didnt work out either. I'm not surprised at all that Steve Young would be openly critical of Grigson's failures.