Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hey Indy fans

Arodgers12

Hamstring injuries have degrees of severity... Greg Toler took 2 months to come back and instantly re injured it. I don't imagine Rodgers injured his that bad. Would imagine 2 weeks and he would be back close to normal (assuming he doesn't exacerbate the injury). 

1 hour ago, Arodgers12 said:

Happy we could help you guys out by beating Houston yesterday. I hope you beat the Jets tonight. 

Thanks for the win, ..... also, if anyone is in the vicinity of MetLife stadium tonight, tickets for the Colts games start at 6 bucks a ticket !!  That's right 6 bucks, from there it's 7, 8, etc.... they are practically giving tickets away in that stadium tonight.  Come one, come all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Thanks for the win, ..... also, if anyone is in the vicinity of MetLife stadium tonight, tickets for the Colts games start at 6 bucks a ticket !!  That's right 6 bucks, from there it's 7, 8, etc.... they are practically giving tickets away in that stadium tonight.  Come one, come all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? Stop the insanity!

14 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

lol seriously? Nobody likes the Jets?

18 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

I'm not going to pay to watch two bad teams play football when it's 32 degrees outside. I'm only about 45 min from the stadium and I won't be going.

1 hour ago, Arodgers12 said:

We have GM problems here too. A lot of Packer fans want McCarthy gone too. 

You have GM problems?         Seriously?

And McCarthy?      Fans want him gone too?

Wow......

If GB is ever dumb enough to get rid of them,   they'll be unemployed for about 15 minutes....    OK,   maybe 20!

Seriously,  they're two of the best in the game.      Not everyone is Belicheck...

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wow......

If GB is ever dumb enough to get rid of them,   they'll be unemployed for about 15 minutes....    OK,   maybe 20!

Seriously,  they're two of the best in the game.      Not everyone is Belicheck...

my brother is a GB fan. They have good reasons to doubt on those 2 guys.

8 minutes ago, Mameluc said:

my brother is a GB fan. They have good reasons to doubt on those 2 guys.

Because your brother thinks so?

Sorry,  you'll have to do better than that......

Put another way,  they're two of the most respected execs in the NFL. 

Firing them is fan talk....   not the talk of people who understand the game....

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

About 10 days ago, I looked into getting tickets for this game, as a friend wanted to attend a football game. Tickets were selling for as low as $9. I saw tickets in the lower level around the 50 yard line for about $60/ticket. I could not believe it. I paid $75/ticket for standing room only tickets when the Vikes played in Washington a few weeks ago. 

I decided against going tonight, as I have to work tomorrow. But Colts fans in the area should definitely take advantage of the opportunity to buy super cheap tickets to see the Colts. You can sit a few rows behind your Colts team.

Good luck. Enjoy the game. 

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Firing them is fan talk....   not the talk of people who understand the game....

who says my brother thnks so? I said i watch them because of my7 brother lol not because of him i think they need a new HC.

why do you think mccarthy is so good? just perception? You remember them being good and you instantly think he is a pretty good coach?

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not For Long. People have short memories and are impatient. Fans and most owners.....Sport is a results based industry, not many keep their jobs when expectations are not met. Especially with the 'big teams'....sad but true.

3 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

I just checked........Endzone seats are as low at 25 bucks.

And take it in, a combo meal at McDonald's is currently valued more than a ticket to a prime time NFL game. I don't know if that's sad or amazing.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wow......

If GB and Indy swapped coaches, each side would think they just hit the mother lode.  Fans are funny.

ARodgers, I think the Pack will be back soon.  You can tell that AR isn't at true form and when he's healthy, he's one of the greatest in the league.  

I do like your coaching staff.  They've solidified good leadership there in GB.    In the Colts organization it doesn't seem like there's cohesion between the owner, GM, and HC. 

5 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

wow I would literally go to any nfl game for that price!

6 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

We have GM problems here too. A lot of Packer fans want McCarthy gone too. 

I feel better now.  I thought we were the only fan base who had * fans, without a clue ,who all think they could do a better job running and coaching the team. They have all the answers.   Believe it or not we have fans, I use that term loosely of course,  who are rooting against the Colts tonight in hopes of seeing our coach and GM fired.  Really we do.  They don't want us to win and make the playoffs. I kid you not.  I read their posts for a few laughs.  Please tell me you have fans, I uses the term loosely again, who are rooting for your team to lose.  We can't be the only team can we?  You must have your share of *s too. 

25 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I feel better now.  I thought we were the only fan base who had * fans, without a clue ,who all think they could do a better job running and coaching the team. They have all the answers.   Believe it or not we have fans, I use that term loosely of course,  who are rooting against the Colts tonight in hopes of seeing our coach and GM fired.  Really we do.  They don't want us to win and make the playoffs. I kid you not.  I read their posts for a few laughs.  Please tell me you have fans, I uses the term loosely again, who are rooting for your team to lose.  We can't be the only team can we?  You must have your share of *s too. 

I decided today that I am to the point now where I wont let it bother me. Rooting for us to lose because someone thinks that will get Pagano or Grigs fired is just really bothersome. It wont happen anyway, they both are under 4 year deals but some people don't get that simple concept. Rooting for us to lose because some would rather pick 5 or 6 slots higher isn't a good reason either IMO. I am done wasting my time Posting about the subject after this Post because it does no good. Making the Playoffs and winning your Division can be considered at least a Good season and something to hang our hat on. I am about winning and the only time in my fan fandom that I didn't care if we won or not was in 2011 when we were 0-13 because I knew Andrew was waiting, that is understandable and common senseicle. We will still have all of our Draft picks and plenty of Salary Cap space as well to get much better next season no matter what happens. Another thing is once you make the Playoffs anything can happen. I have seen Wildcard teams with solid QB's like we have win the SB, like the Steelers in 05 and Giants in 07. Ravens won the SB in 2012 with Joe Flacco having to win 4 games. We went to the Title Game with Harbaugh in 1995 at 9-7 and was 1 play away from going to the SB.

10 hours ago, Mameluc said:

who says my brother thnks so? I said i watch them because of my7 brother lol not because of him i think they need a new HC.

why do you think mccarthy is so good? just perception? You remember them being good and you instantly think he is a pretty good coach?

McCarthy is a good coach because he IS a good coach.

The Packers make the playoffs most every year and when they don't,  it's typically not on McCarthy,  it's on injuries or lack of defense.

When NFL types talk top coaches,  McCarthy's name is typically on the list...

p.s. -- by the way,  THIS is what you wrote about your brother....

"my brother is a GB fan. They have good reasons to doubt on those 2 guys."

There's nothing there about what you watch and how you came to that opinion.   Your mention of your brother would make anyone conclude that your brother the Packer fan thinks McCarthy and Thompson are not good at their jobs.     Not that you think so...

10 hours ago, Mameluc said:

7 hours ago, cbear said:

If GB and Indy swapped coaches, each side would think they just hit the mother lode.  Fans are funny.

I'm not a big believe on what fans think.    Typically,  they're fickle and spoiled.      Not a shot at you, CBear,  just my thoughts on fans in general.

10 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Not For Long. People have short memories and are impatient. Fans and most owners.....Sport is a results based industry, not many keep their jobs when expectations are not met. Especially with the 'big teams'....sad but true.

The Packers are an exception to the rules you bring up.     Why?      Because fans own the team,  not one rich impatient guy.      The fans of Green Bay own stock in the team.     There is a Board of Directors.    They hire Ted Thompson and he hires Mike McCarthy.

And for the record,  this is McCarthy's 11th year.     In the 10 previous seasons,  McCarthy has guided the Packers to the playoffs 8 times including the last 7 in a row.        If they don't make the playoffs this year,  that's hardly a firing offense.

Could they let McCarthy go?      Sure.    Some NFL execs believe an NFL coach shouldn't last longer than about 10-12 years with the team.       But the Packers aren't losing games because of McCarthy, so it's hard to see that happening....

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

You seem a decent fellow but this is a really strange question to ask.  

Why would you say it is a strange question? I am hoping Rodgers heals up fast. We need him for the stretch run. I thought luck had a similar injury that is the reason why I ask. Congrats on the win tonight and very happy for you guys!

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm not a big believe on what fans think.    Typically,  they're fickle and spoiled.      Not a shot at you, CBear,  just my thoughts on fans in general.

Agreed.  Grass is always greener syndrome. 

6 hours ago, Arodgers12 said:

Why would you say it is a strange question? I am hoping Rodgers heals up fast. We need him for the stretch run. I thought luck had a similar injury that is the reason why I ask. Congrats on the win tonight and very happy for you guys!

If you asked that question on a Packers board no one would be able to give you an informed answer.  Asking it on a Colts message board - the answers would be just as uninformed and then throw in the fact that no one cares because he plays on another team = strange question.

And that is not something Luck dealt with.

8 hours ago, jskinnz said:

If you asked that question on a Packers board no one would be able to give you an informed answer.  Asking it on a Colts message board - the answers would be just as uninformed and then throw in the fact that no one cares because he plays on another team = strange question.

I wasn't asking you directly so if you don't care then don't respond. Simple as that.

8 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Also you guys are the only team I would love to see win it all if we don't. The Colts are easy to root for.

13 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

I wasn't asking you directly so if you don't care then don't respond. Simple as that.

Who were you asking? Everyone on the board, apart from Jskinnz? As JS said you seem a decent fellow, but your comments are rather weird at times.....Luck has had many sore bits and injuries over the past 5 years, but I cannot remember him ever having a hammy........? 

Anyway, good luck to your team.....

22 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Also you guys are the only team I would love to see win it all if we don't. The Colts are easy to root for.

Hey man I appreciate your presence here bro!   Congratulations on the Packers win and certainly I'm glad for the Colts as well.

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Who were you asking? Everyone on the board, apart from Jskinnz? As JS said you seem a decent fellow, but your comments are rather weird at times.....Luck has had many sore bits and injuries over the past 5 years, but I cannot remember him ever having a hammy........? 

Rather weird at times? I'm just hoping Rodgers hammy heals up by Sunday but not that it matters anyway as Seattle should blow us out.

4 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

To you and Jskinnz I am not a troll by the way. I don't want any trouble with you guys. Luck is a great QB and I would rather have him then Rodgers when it comes to clutch situations.