Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Two Worst QB's This Year Are In The AFC South

King Colt

So the AFC South has two teams without a quarterback yet the Texans are some how on top while the Jags are on the bottom. How can this be? One thing for sure is the Jags have to be looking for a new QB while the Texans have to figure out how they will save face on the 72 million dollar gamble on Brock Osweiller. Anyone recall prior to the start of the season the rhetoric on the Jags will win their division? Add to this the Colts have someone that may end up in the HOF. Now, doesn't that say something to the Colts front office in terms of how easy it would be to capture the division title every year if they only knew how to construct at team. Maybe they should study the long term plan the Chicago Cubs front office people have who now have a champion and the projection that they will be in the World Series run for at least the next five years or if you want to restrict any comparisons to football look at Dallas.   

27 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Luck is very Good but that O line going to shorten his career.

i also like Mariota in TN I think he going be special.... 

Once they get some more WR in there that can catch a cold that would help Mariota now what would help Luck is an O-line that could block my 81 year old grandmother cause they don't have it yet.

36 minutes ago, Superman said:

Based on what are Osweiler and Bortles the two worst QBs?

Well I don't think there is any denying that Osweiler is the worse.  Bortles team may suck but his numbers aren't horrible. 

Osweiler- 2307 yards, 59.5 % completion percentage, 12 TD 13 INT 55.6 QBR

Bortles- 2749 yards, 60% completion percentage, 20 TD 13 INT 55.7 QBR

Mariota- 2998 yards, 64% completion percentage, 25 TD, 8 INT 69.3 QBR

Luck- 2827 yards, 63% completion percentage, 19 TD, 8INT 70 QBR(Luck has played two less games than Mariota and one less than Bortles and Osweiler).  Mariota is actually having a better year statistically than Luck at this point in the season. 

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Well I don't think there is any denying that Osweiler is the worse.  Bortles team may suck but his numbers aren't horrible. 

Luck- 2827 yards, 63% completion percentage, 19 TD, 8INT 70 QBR(Luck has played two less games than Mariota and one less than Bortles and Osweiler).  Mariota is actually having a better year statistically than Luck at this point in the season. 

I thought he meant in the league, not in the division.

On 12/2/2016 at 3:20 PM, BullsColtsFan1 said:

On 12/2/2016 at 5:05 PM, Superman said:

Mariota for the time being is the value leader of the AFC South, and there are a few other teams out there wondering where the QB big bucks being shelled out is helping the team record?

Name                     Record           Cap Hit      Dead Cap

Andy Dalton             (4 - 7)          13.1  mil        17.9
Jay Cutler                 (3 - 9)          17.0  mil        19.0
Drew Brees              (5 - 7)          17.25 mil        54.25
Cam Newton            (4 - 8)          19.5  mil         31.0
Aaron Rodgers        (6 - 6)          19.25 mil        25.3

Brock Osweiler        (6 - 6)          12.0  mil        37.0
Blake Bortles          (2 - 10)         5.63  mil        12.2
Marcus Mariota       (6 - 6)          5.50  mil        14.8

Andrew Luck           (5 - 6)          18.4  mil        44.0

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:05 PM, Superman said:

No, I meant in the AFC South and if someone wants to throw up numbers please don't put Luck in the same category as Bortles and Osweiler, It has been said a thousand times "Luck is carrying this team" and we all know that is the problem and has been the problem. Mariotta is coming on like a young QB that has talent does and will be a big winner in Tennessee.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

No, I meant in the AFC South and if someone wants to throw up numbers please don't put Luck in the same category as Bortles and Osweiler, It has been said a thousand times "Luck is carrying this team" and we all know that is the problem and has been the problem. Mariotta is coming on like a young QB that has talent does and will be a big winner in Tennessee.

If that's what you meant,  You worded it very poorly in the title

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

There's no question that Bortles and Osweiler are the worst two QBs in the division, but that seems painfully obvious.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

If that's what you meant,  You worded it very poorly in the title

True, because I go back and read it again, and get -

The Two Worst QB's (in the AFC South) This Year Are In The AFC South

Hold on here, say what again?

Probably should have went with the open title instead like -

The Two Worst QB's in the AFC South This Year Are:

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

True, because I go back and read it again, and get -

The Two Worst QB's (in the AFC South) This Year Are In The AFC South

Hold on here, say what again?

Probably should have went with the open title instead like -

The Two Worst QB's in the AFC South This Year Are:

IMO they are both pretty Bad period LOL

1 hour ago, gacoop1 said:

Might as well put Luck in the running, based on his salary which doubles Osweiller.  Note, Osweiler's team is in first place.  I don't want to hear about the O-line that's the organization's blunder.

1st .   It's not double.   

2nd Luck is playing far better than osweiler

3rd. If the colts win tonight they are tied for first

2 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Texans are still first though if we win? But we control our own destiny literally if we win tonight. 

Technically the Texans would have the tie-breaker, but we play them next week, so the Colts officially control their own playoff hopes right now. Win out, and they're in. 

2 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Texans are still first though if we win? But we control our own destiny literally if we win tonight. 

If we control our own destiny,  then the Texans can't be considered in first place if we win tonight

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If we control our own destiny,  then the Texans can't be considered in first place if we win tonight

I cant wait to play the Texans so we can put them to rest, Brock isn't near the QB that Luck is and we know that. They get a lucky fluke win over us and some people think the Texans are better than us, thank God it's a 16 game season so things even out which they will IMO. I wont even get into feeding the Troll above because it isn't worth it.

4 hours ago, Superman said:

There's no question that Bortles and Osweiler are the worst two QBs in the division, but that seems painfully obvious.

This would very much qualify as a bad thread that was titled poorly. No offense to King Colt as he's by no means stupid , but is what it is.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I cant wait to play the Texans so we can put them to rest, Brock isn't near the QB that Luck is and we know that. They get a lucky fluke win over us and some people think the Texans are better than us, thank God it's a 16 game season so things even out which they will IMO. I wont even get into feeding the Troll above because it isn't worth it.

They are 3-0 in division games and don't forget their defense, The game will be a struggle unless OZ flops all over himself. I would not lay a dollar on this game. 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You really must have no idea what the word troll means as much as you throw it around.

Osweiler going I into the Packers game was tied for the highest number of interceptions in the entire league and he was tied for the lowest passer rating at 72.2. Who he is tied with does not matter. He said after the Packers game "the Texans are very close to exploding as an offense".  "Exploding"? I think not.  Oz has a long way to go.

6 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Context and grammar are as important as the words themselves. The title really does come across as the worst 2 QBs in the league are in the AFC South.

Guilty as charged on this one but I can't think of two worse in the NFL knowing Osweiler is not the reason for the Texans' success what there is of it. Houston is hollering for him to sit the rest of the season and let Tom Savage play. Bortles is in a league of his own. I would not want either on my team.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:45 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

You really must have no idea what the word troll means as much as you throw it around.

Actually not sure what you are implying? If someone gets on here saying we are going to win and they talk smack about it that isn't Trolling considering this is a Colts Site. It would be Trolling if someone went to the Texans Site and Posted the Colts were going smoke them every other Post. To me Trolling is someone Posting that the Colts stink every other Post considering it's a Colts Site and being negative about everything to get a reaction out of them/provoke someone, that is just my take on it. With this being a Colts Site and if someone Posts constant negativity about them than it's going to provoke many reactions and that is Trolling in my book.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Actually not sure what you are implying? If someone gets on here saying we are going to win and they talk smack about it that isn't Trolling considering this is a Colts Site. It would be Trolling if someone went to the Texans Site and Posted the Colts were going smoke them every other Post. To me Trolling is someone Posting that the Colts stink every other Post considering it's a Colts Site and being negative about everything to get a reaction out of them/provoke someone, that is just my take on it. With this being a Colts Site and if someone Posts constant negativity about them than it's going to provoke many reactions and that is Trolling in my book.

Well Gabriel isn't a troll no matter what you think the word means. 

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:05 PM, Superman said:

That's the way I took it.  That's the way the title means it.  Two worst QB's this year are in AFC South... Don't know any other way to interpret that.  Kaepernick is the worst.