Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Donte Moncrief moving up the record books

TKnight24

53 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Means absolutely nothing if were losing. Remember the Colts set an NFL record of wins in a decade (2000s) and won how many rings? 1. Records mean nothing. Ask Dan Marino.

Why do you even show an interest in sport, knowing you cannot win everything all the time? Would you have been happy with 2 rings? Still not enough? 5 perhaps? Go on, tell us, please. And I bet you 100% that Dan Marino wishes he had never played the game......no rings, geez, why bother.

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Chud needs to figure out that Moncrief in the red zone is our best shot at TD. Back shoulder throws, and fades.....do it!! 

I'd like to see more Swoope down there too. Use the height advantages! 

Don't you think 5 TDs in the 5 full games would suggest that he has figured out what sort of red zone threat he is?  His longest TD pass this season is 8 yards!

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

Means absolutely nothing if were losing. Remember the Colts set an NFL record of wins in a decade (2000s) and won how many rings? 1. Records mean nothing. Ask Dan Marino.

The bottom line is, if you're not playing well enough to set records or have a chance to break them, you're probably not in the conversation for a SB.  Just sayin...

4 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Even Michael Jordan and the bulls didn't win every championship possible and he is the greatest of all time.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Even Michael Jordan and the bulls didn't win every championship possible and he is the greatest of all time.

Still a big difference between 6 and just 1.... Especially when Manning is also in the GOAT conversation. 

2 minutes ago, esmort said:

Still a big difference between 6 and just 1.... Especially when Manning is also in the GOAT conversation. 

Perhaps but it's a little harder to win a Super Bowl than a NBA title. In my opinion. You get 3 series, up to 7 games, to get there and then the 4th series is up 7 tries as well. In the NFL, you have a bad game in any of the playoff games and it's over.

7 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Why do you even show an interest in sport, knowing you cannot win everything all the time? Would you have been happy with 2 rings? Still not enough? 5 perhaps? Go on, tell us, please. And I bet you 100% that Dan Marino wishes he had never played the game......no rings, geez, why bother.

I see your point to the OP... But as devil's advocate: how many records do you think Marino would give up for just one ring (I would bet most if not all)... How many would Manning give up to have had one more in Indy (probably the same answer as above). 

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Perhaps but it's a little harder to win a Super Bowl than a NBA title. In my opinion. You get 3 series, up to 7 games, to get there and then the 4th series is up 7 tries as well. In the NFL, you have a bad game in any of the playoff games and it's over.

True, although I feel like even just one more would have made it feel like there wasn't "something missing"  from the Manning era. 

8 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

To be fair, in the Saints Superbowl, our defense lost that, easily. As I recall, we started the game 14-0 pts, and the game looked like it'd be an easy win, but Drew Brees ended the game with about 30/34 pass completions, and we kept playing a soft cover 2 that gave up the underneath routes, and don't even get me started on the failed onside recovery to start the second half. Peyton's record-setting offense did NOT lose that game for us, even if he did throw that INT near the end, we can't expect him to play perfect.

In the separate season with the Jets playoff game, we had Jim Caldwell playing weak on us with the timeout call. Rex Ryan after the game even said he was planning on calling a run play, but the Colts timeout gave Mark Sanchez a chance to talk to Rex Ryan and convince Rex to let him throw the ball. He did, and the rest is history. That was also the same game Peyton threw his arms up in the air; he was clearly frustrated with Caldwell.

Then there were the multiple New England playoff games. New England is a legendary team -- possibly the best in NFL history -- so who knows where the Colts would be if they weren't in our way. Both were record-setting teams, but when one has arguably the best coach in NFL history, it's evident which record-setting team has the advantage over the other.

10 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

If you are a player.  Fans can and do enjoy records along the way.  You honestly didn't get any joy out of the Colts run in the 2000's because they only won one Super Bowl.  I highly doubt that.  

54 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If you are a player.  Fans can and do enjoy records along the way.  You honestly didn't get any joy out of the Colts run in the 2000's because they only won one Super Bowl.  I highly doubt that.  

If you ask Jim irsey if 1 ring w/Luck is sufficient. What would he say? Especially after (learning from) Peyton Manning.

1 minute ago, Rackeen305 said:

If you ask Jim irsey if 1 ring w/Luck is sufficient. What would he say? Especially after (learning from) Peyton Manning.

Moreover, If setting records come on the way of champions then I'm still appreciative. But I dont think winning the AFC Division for 10 years straight should be the measuring stick. Do you think any of the top teams ala (Dallas, Seattle, Pitts, Pats, Denver) are looking forward to Divisional Titles at the end of the?year? Or Rings?

1 minute ago, Rackeen305 said:

Moreover, If setting records come on the way of champions then I'm still appreciative. But I dont think winning the AFC Division for 10 years straight should be the measuring stick. Do you think any of the top teams ala (Dallas, Seattle, Pitts, Pats, Denver) are looking forward to Divisional at the end of the?year? Or Rings?

3 hours ago, esmort said:

9 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The bottom line is, if you're not playing well enough to set records or have a chance to break them, you're probably not in the conversation for a SB.  Just sayin...

10 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Exactly so if PM is considered the GOAT with 1 Ring, Then How much so, In Championship Games, are Montana 5-5, MJ 6-6, I Believe even Bradshaw 4-4 (debatable) ?

40 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Jim Irsay owns the team you don't and while Irsay might tell you he wanted more rings he wouldn't tell you the 2000's were a failure.  Look at the banners in the stadium, he's proud of what those teams accomplished.

15 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

That's incorrect. smh MJ 6for6 Montana 5 for 5. Ijs. That's basic sports knowledge. (srugs)

MJ played 15 seasons...13 with the Bulls and 2 with the wizzarsa.. therefore he didn't win a championship in 9 chances. And as an owner, he's had even more chances.  So yes, I am correct. So there's your basic knowledge 

55 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Moncrief should have even more than that.

But that's not what you were arguing.  You were arguing that Chud has to realize what a threat Moncrief is in the red zone.  5 TDs in 5 games, all of which were in the redzone is proof Chud knows exactly what sort of weapon Moncrief is in the red zone.  You think he should have more TDs?  That's fine and dandy, but that's a product that probably has more to do with the players than the play calling - at least in that regard.

The bottom line is, we're 2nd in the league in red zone scoring efficiency, and Chud scheming to get Moncrief the ball in the red zone has been a big part of that.  I think you're just flat out wrong here.  

On 12/2/2016 at 8:30 AM, lollygagger8 said:

Chud needs to figure out that Moncrief in the red zone is our best shot at TD. Back shoulder throws, and fades.....do it!!

On 12/2/2016 at 0:17 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

Don't you think 5 TDs in the 5 full games would suggest that he has figured out what sort of red zone threat he is?  His longest TD pass this season is 8 yards!

13 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Moncrief should have even more than that.

12 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

But that's not what you were arguing.  You were arguing that Chud has to realize what a threat Moncrief is in the red zone.  5 TDs in 5 games, all of which were in the redzone is proof Chud knows exactly what sort of weapon Moncrief is in the red zone.  

Make that 6 TDs in 6 games, all in the red zone, and all under 8 yards.

On 12/3/2016 at 1:26 PM, csmopar said:

MJ played 15 seasons...13 with the Bulls and 2 with the wizzarsa.. therefore he didn't win a championship in 9 chances. And as an owner, he's had even more chances.  So yes, I am correct. So there's your basic knowledge 

Hay Kid. Do you even know what 6 for 6 means? It means in 6 championship series, he won 6 of the 6. Or in 6 superbowl appearances, He won all 6 (Football Terminology). What type of weird stuff are you on? Dont answer! 

8 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Hay Kid. Do you even know what 6 for 6 means? It means in 6 championship series, he won 6 of the 6. Or in 6 superbowl appearances, He won all 6 (Football Terminology). What type of weird stuff are you on? Dont answer! 

First. I'm far from a kid. 

Second. I think you missed the point I was making

On 12/2/2016 at 10:25 PM, GoColts8818 said:

Jim Irsay owns the team you don't and while Irsay might tell you he wanted more rings he wouldn't tell you the 2000's were a failure.  Look at the banners in the stadium, he's proud of what those teams accomplished.

I asked a question. My question was what will Jim Irsey say? Why are you on the defensive? The funny part is that you took offense "You Don't", and then reiterate that fact that the Colts has Banners. How many of those are championship banners. You are the type of person that rewards second place finishes. smh. How about those AFC SOUTH Championship banners! YEAAA!!!! did you really just say that?  

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

First. I'm far from a kid. 

Second. I think you missed the point I was making

First, speaking sports to you is worst than enlightening a kid about basic stuff. Lastly, Do your research before you make rookie mistakes/statements. Now google how many rings MJ has, then google how many championship appearances he has. Then you will learn today that MJ brought home the hardware every time he made it to the big game (series, to be politically correct). 

4 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

First, speaking sports to you is worst than enlightening a kid about basic stuff. Lastly, Do your research before you make rookie mistakes/statements. Now google how many rings MJ has, then google how many championship appearances he has. Then you will learn today that MJ brought home the hardware every time he made it to the big game (series, to be politically correct). 

Why don't you Google how to spell right? Just a troll anyways though.

26 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Oh wow you schooled me..not... while you're googling, look up reading comprehension classes, you need some. 

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

I asked a question. My question was what will Jim Irsey say? Why are you on the defensive? The funny part is that you took offense "You Don't", and then reiterate that fact that the Colts has Banners. How many of those are championship banners. You are the type of person that rewards second place finishes. smh. How about those AFC SOUTH Championship banners! YEAAA!!!! did you really just say that?  

My point being Irsay would be proud of what the teams of the 2000's accomplished and sighted the banners as an example of that.  If he wast he wouldn't hang them.  He took joy out of those teams like most fans did even if it only meant one championship.  So back your original point records can be enjoyed by fans because that's the whole point to this, enjoyment.  It's not our job like players.  Fans enjoy things players don't.   Most fans find joy with a team beyond just winning championships.