Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano deserves respect (Merge)

Imrryr

This game has given me a respect for paganos coaching. The fact that with the tables tilted so far against us we still did compete and moderately well shows that if we had just a tidbit more talent wed be golden. Im still for firing grigson but i definetly do not think we could do much better than pags...now let me be crucified

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has made some dumb coaching mistakes but he is becoming a better head coach. Honestly I think the same about grigson. he has gotten better each year. They won't be cut after this season no matter what, nor do I think they should be. If Gregson dosnt do well this offseason then we will be in a world of hurt and he should be let go, but I honestly think this will be a third good draft in a row and the defense will look alot better by mid next season (gotta give the rookies time to acclimate). Pagano will continue to fit better as well. Tonight's game had its flaws like not doubling brown with Davis and butler or not scoring on the one yard line twice, but he will get better.

2 minutes ago, KB said:

He has made some dumb coaching mistakes but he is becoming a better head coach. Honestly I think the same about grigson. he has gotten better each year. They won't be cut after this season no matter what, nor do I think they should be. If Gregson dosnt do well this offseason then we will be in a world of hurt and he should be let go, but I honestly think this will be a third good draft in a row and the defense will look alot better by mid next season (gotta give the rookies time to acclimate). Pagano will continue to fit better as well. Tonight's game had its flaws like not doubling brown with Davis and butler or not scoring on the one yard line twice, but he will get better.

You know i can see that with grigson i just dont know potential gm replacements like i know theres none for hc that are possible

2 minutes ago, MTC said:

You're happy that we're down 21 points? Poor defense and slow start. Pagano has to go.

Of course not but i can see the issues and to be honest i would have likely made the same calls on fourths down *maybe not plays but still* and i feel like the Majority of us would have as well. He coaches us into a position to take advantage but we dont always have the talent to grab it.

1 minute ago, Imrryr said:

Of course not but i can see the issues and to be honest i would have likely made the same calls on fourths down *maybe not plays but still* and i feel like the Majority of us would have as well. He coaches us into a position to take advantage but we dont always have the talent to grab it.

Exactly. Ain't really his fault if the execution of the play was not sufficient.  He can only help so much as far as preparation in practices and focus go

Just now, Imrryr said:

Any head coach would have made the same decision to go for it on fourth with the poor conditions. What makes Pagano different?

Pagano did a fine job tonight. I thought going for it on the 4th downs was the right calls considering the steelers offense definately have an upper hand on our defense.  However,  I was not a fan of the offensive play calling at all. It was so obvious every time they called a running play. Right up the gut for a yard or 2. I called it every time and I'm just a common fan. Why do we NEVER run outside the tackles? It sure didn't help our receivers couldn't catch a cold today,  they dropped WAY to many passes. I felt bad for Tolzein,  our line was garbage as well,  he got hit on about every pass attempt. Talent is an obvious issue. 

So five years into their regime, we should be happy that we lost 28-7 and our defense gave up 3 TDs to one receiver?  The defense has plenty of holes, the OL is a mess, Pagano has a defensive background and we should be happy with his coaching despite our defense ranking towards the bottom of the league in many categories?

Just now, MTC said:

Any head coach would have made the same decision to go for it on fourth with the poor conditions. What makes Pagano different?

Well its proven some would have taken the points and im looking at how decent the guys that just had to step up for literally all of our actual playmakers actually did so...I am not declaring pagano as a world beater but i also see no one that is proven that can replace him and any new coach could turn out to be much muchhhhh worse than pags

7 minutes ago, Imrryr said:

I don't really agree with that, unless you're just talking about those 4th down plays. Because as a whole, I wouldn't say that Pagano consistently puts us in a position to win.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

So five years into their regime, we should be happy that we lost 28-7 and our defense gave up 3 TDs to one receiver?  The defense has plenty of holes, the OL is a mess, Pagano has a defensive background and we should be happy with his coaching despite our defense ranking towards the bottom of the league in many categories?

I don't see what better coaching could have done with what is left of or roster

Remember the line that coach Mckay for the bucks shot back to the reporters when they asked about the teams excecution? and he replied he was all for it! Thats what Pagano should be saying tonite.

I give Mcaffee and pagano a pass tonight. fire the rest of the team. they are soft and useless.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Im not saying be happy man believe me im not happy but the defensive talent issues arent his fault hes doing a decent job with what hes given. I cant name a single coach likely to come open that will be better than him is essentially where im at

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Yes because we are getting better lmao:lol:

Just now, MTC said:

If you're content with never winning a SB in the Luck era with Pagano and Grigson. Good on you.

My comment was directed at what o percieved pointednesss from your previous statement...i feel like honestly with better picks we can win with pagano but thats just me and hey maybe im completly wrong.

Yes, both got off to a bad start of being GM and head coach, but they do appear to be getting better.  I don't think, at this point, that that is our main issue.  Injuries are our main issue and I don't know that changing either Pags and/or Grigs is going to change that.

We haven't had the same OL start in more than 5 or 6 games for how many years now (due to injury)?  I don't have the answer but I would guess it's been a few years.  Kind of hard to get a line to gel that way - especially a young one, which we have this year.

If we could solve the injury problem to the OL I think things would change for us.  I still think we should check the fields.

Just my opinion.