Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Embarrassing "effort" from Colts WRs

RockThatBlue

6 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

wouldn,t you drop the ball if a grown man was going to kick you in the teeth. Colts soft boys were playing men tonight.

Do you even know what you're talking about? That secondary was terrible and they've been bad all year. There were no men out there. They had one decent hit and TY caught that. Everything else was wide open. Guys just didnt follow through. And it damn sure wasn't because of Pitt.

11 minutes ago, snkdy said:

Allen didn't drop a single ball though, if I recall correctly. He played a great game. 

If a few drops from DA means that the others will catch TDs, I'd gladly exchange. It was a bizarro world with DA catching everything. :)

Now obviously I'm not giving them a pass for this performance. 

But I'm also not gonna get too worked up over it. We still got some real talented receivers. TY and Donte I think can both become top 10 WRs in their own right. And Dorsett, unlike some other people, I'm not giving up on yet all. I truly believe those three, with some depth will become of the most feared trios by opposing defenses in a while. They can run, catch, leap, get open and make some wicked catches in traffic.

But GOD it's so frustrating seeing them (and I mean all three of them) screw up some really easy and routine passes.

Like come on guys.

Moncreif a potential top 10 WR? Cmon man lay off the blue kool aid. Our receiving corps really could use a big strong target who can go up there and get the ball. We have too many wide receivers cut who apprear to be from the same cloth. Even Moncreif who isnt as undersized as Dorsett and TY, is far from an imposing physical presence. Our WR corps are speedy, but they are soft and have difficulty  catching the ball in traffic. They arent particularly effective at getting clean releases in press coverage either. Wish we would have made a run at Brandon Marshal when he was available in free agency last offseason, he was just what this team needed (aside from being an obvious head case). He certainly would have been a better signing than Trent Cole.

5 minutes ago, IMissMarvin said:

Moncreif a potential top 10 WR? Cmon man lay off the blue kool aid. Our receiving corps really could use a big strong target who can go up there and get the ball. We have too many wide receivers cut who apprear to be from the same cloth. Even Moncreif who isnt as undersized as Dorsett and TY, is far from an imposing physical presence. Our WR corps are speedy, but they are soft and have difficulty  catching the ball in traffic. They arent particularly effective at getting clean releases in press coverage either. Wish we would have made a run at Brandon Marshal when he was available in free agency last offseason, he was just what this team needed (aside from being an obvious head case). He certainly would have been a better signing than Trent Cole.

Here is a thought from left field. If we let go of DA, I'd like us to see what Garçon gets in the open market. I doubt it would be more than what DA gets paid now. Garçon can be the WR with size we can get for the underneath game along with Moncrief. We can always get big slow blocking TEs easier than a good possession wideout with size and ability to play both slot and Z positions. Garçon may after all be fine to come back to the Colts??? :)

Coaches again didn't have their players ready.  Blame it on the coach, Steelers or any other team the Colts play against their coaches outsmart the team.  They're are just a a pathetic bunch of under performing players.  Sad, fire them all, start from ground zero.  Need badly needed leadership to lead this team...

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Here is a thought from left field. If we let go of DA, I'd like us to see what Garçon gets in the open market. I doubt it would be more than what DA gets paid now. Garçon can be the WR with size we can get for the underneath game along with Moncrief. We can always get big slow blocking TEs easier than a good possession wideout with size and ability to play both slot and Z positions. Garçon may after all be fine to come back to the Colts??? :)

I loved Garcon when he was here. He would be a fine addition to this team. At the right price of course. He is grossly overpaid in Washington. Big strong targets ala Kelvin Benjamen, Mike Evans, Alshon Jeffrey etc. have become staples in NFL offenses these days, just curious as to why the Colts never seem to have any of these types of players on their radar either through the draft or free agency.

Although he always scared us with his hands, but he had great homerun ability after the catch.

Hated him leaving and absolutely agree a bigger possession guy would do wonders for us. I think that's what they had in mind with Andre.

18 minutes ago, IMissMarvin said:

I loved Garcon when he was here. He would be a fine addition to this team. At the right price of course. He is grossly overpaid in Washington. Big strong targets ala Kelvin Benjamen, Mike Evans, Alshon Jeffrey etc. have become staples in NFL offenses these days, just curious as to why the Colts never seem to have any of these types of players on their radar either through the draft or free agency.

to grigsons credit (although not much credit), i think he was aiming for that with heyward bey, nicks, and andre

When they needed to play their best game to help out their bu QB, they come up with one if their worst.  

The interception to Dorsett, well it sure looked like he was just sort of hoping the ball got to him.  He didn't seem to alter his route to go fight the safety for that ball. 

36 minutes ago, achcolts said:
19 minutes ago, cbear said:

When they needed to play their best game to help out their bu QB, they come up with one if their worst.  

The interception to Dorsett, well it sure looked like he was just sort of hoping the ball got to him.  He didn't seem to alter his route to go fight the safety for that ball. 

Yeah Dorsett did not fight for that ball at all. He should have at least tried to get a hand on it if he couldnt catch it. 

9 hours ago, IMissMarvin said:

I would love it if the Colts were able to bring back Garcon at a decent price.  He will drop a few passes too but he makes enough big plays for you to live with his drops.  He will likely be priced out of our range though.

I sure didn't like the article that we "found" something last night.

The defense was embarrassing. We couldn't tackle, seal the corners or put two men on Brown. Shut him down the team is not nearly as good but we thought it was smart to put single coverage but that failed because they rushed for 150!

I dont blame Tolzien for the 4th downs because its sad we cant rush the ball at the goal line. This could have been entertaining if we could have done the basic things but we did not