Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football Question

I am in a 12 team keeper league. I kept Peyton Manning, LeSean McCoy, and Calvin Johnson. I have the 8th pick and expect one of the following to be available:

• DeSean Jackson
  • Miles Austin
  • Knowshown Moreno
  • Dez Bryant
  • Ahmad Bradshaw

Who would you target?

If DeSean is there I think I will be all over him, but if not I am not sure who I will lean towards. If I could get DeSean at 8 and then try to grab someone like Blount in the next round I would be pretty happy.

I would take DeSean first, then Miles. DeSean is an explosive player who can score on any play and Miles is the primary target for the Cowboys. Dez is still immature, Knowshon hasn't done much since his rookie year. Bradshaw would be a good pick too, but I would go with DeSean

Desean, hands down, then Austin, then Bryant, then Bradshaw, the Mr. Bust himself, Knowshown.

You would take Bryant over Bradshaw? What do you think about his maturity and off-field issues? Yeah, it's fantasy, but he could always get himself suspended by the league or by the team

I would put my team up for sale and move to the Bahamas.

But I don't like fantasy football...

Then why did you bother post in this thread then? I do not get why people post stuff like this when obviously they are not wanting to help or give real input.

To the rest thanks for the input. I would jump all over DJ, but the people in front of me are not dumb enough to let him fall to 8th. I would be happy with either Miles Austin or Bradshaw since I am just looking for a number two at each position.

You would take Bryant over Bradshaw? What do you think about his maturity and off-field issues? Yeah, it's fantasy, but he could always get himself suspended by the league or by the team

I think that the Cowboys become very pass heavy, and I think Bryant gets 8 touchdowns with 950 yards.I think Bradshaw gets injured. Now to answer your question, there has been a bunch of players who are immature and have bad off-field issues and still perform well... cough cough Chad Ochocinco, and Randy Moss.

I would agree with Desean Jackson hands down the best of the available crop and I would also take the Dallas receivers over Ahmad Bradshaw. With Romo back and healthy, Austin and Bryant should have productive seasons and the Downside to Bradshaw is that he will once again be sharing carries with Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs tends to get the goal line carries and Coughlin has said they want to get Jacobs more involved in the offense this year. Knowshon Moreno might even out-produce Bradshaw if Denver's offense can improve this year.

In order of who I would pick:

1: DeSean Jackson

2: Miles Austin

3. Dez Bryant

4: Ahmad Bradshaw

5: Knowshown Moreno

This is my team:

QB

Philip Rivers, SD

Joe Flacco, BAL

Jay Cutler, CHI

RB

Adrian Peterson, MIN

Steven Jackson, StL

Ryan Matthews, SD

Marshawn Lynch, SEA

Ronnie Brown, PHI

WR

Dez Bryant, DAL

Pierre Garcon, IND

Jordy Nelson, GB

Michael Crabtree, SF

TE

Antonio Gates, SD

Tony Gonzalez, ATL

K

Billy Cundiff, BAL

D/ST

Green Bay Packers D/ST

I want to make a trade to improve my WR spot, I need a good starting receiver because Pierre Garcon isn't a good fantasy starter, especially if Anthony Gonzalez stays healthy. Anyone got any ideas?

Is this a PPR league?

Well here's my opinion. I don't like DeSean Jackson at all, he is too inconsistent for me. Miles Austin/Dez Bryant is more of a preference choice. I love Bryant's upside, but if your one of those "Vetern WR's > young guy's" then take Austin; they should both finish with similar numbers, although Bryant's ceiling is a bit higher. Knownshon Moreno is a big question mark; will he get hurt? will McGahee take away TD's? will Tebow take away TD's? The one thing I like about Moreno is that John Fox is at the helm and inside of the pass-happy Bronco's like last year, Fox is going to pound it on the ground, which should mean more areas of opportunity for Moreno, but who knows if he can turn opportunity into success. I'm not much of a Bradshaw fan, maybe because I drafted Brandon Jacobs late last year, but he has a lot of upside as well.

I am in a 12 team keeper league. I kept Peyton Manning, LeSean McCoy, and Calvin Johnson. I have the 8th pick and expect one of the following to be available:

• DeSean Jackson
  • Miles Austin
  • Knowshown Moreno
  • Dez Bryant
  • Ahmad Bradshaw

Who would you target?

If DeSean is there I think I will be all over him, but if not I am not sure who I will lean towards. If I could get DeSean at 8 and then try to grab someone like Blount in the next round I would be pretty happy.

If Jax or Bryant are there you will be very fortunate. I am in a 10 team, 3 man keeper money league also. Vick, AP, and Roddy are mine and I will be targeting WR's with my first 2 picks. And third... snag Mark Ingram!!!! He is going to be huge for NO.

I am thinking of commiting a sin against the Colts Church.

Jamaal Charles is the top player available and I am sure he will go first overall, but if he does not I was thinking of trading Manning. I am in pretty much an all Colts league so our players are way overvalued. I was thinking of trading my 6th or 7th round pick and Manning for the 2nd and 14th pick if Charles some how falls.

I could grab Charles at 2, then grab someone like Mike Wallace or Vincent Jackson at 8. Talked to the guy drafting before me and no way DeSean Jackson falls to me. Then with the 14th grab someone like Big Ben or Josh Freeman.

It would give me a team of

QB: Big Ben/Freeman

RB: McCoy, Charles

WR: CJ, and Jackson

TE: ????

K: ????

DEF: ?????

In the 3rd round I could look at one of the Pats TE, Marshawn Lynch, or another WR.

Will getting Big Ben/Freeman and Charles out produce just Manning. Honestly, the injury to Manning has me a bit worried especially given the Colts history with Marvin's and Bob's injury.

guys my draft is this sunday and this is the team i continue to draft please give me some insight

QB- matt ryan, sam bradford

RB- jammel charles, delangelo williams, javid best, joesph addai

WR- larry fitzgearld, reggie wayne, holmes, brandon marshall, julio jones

TE- jermichael finley, jimmy graham

D- packers, eagles

k- david akers