Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will OSU and Michigan miss the BIG championship?

I have never seen a team as lucky as OSU in my life. They have won more games in OT and by like 3 points or less while playing bad under Urban Meyer than any other team I can ever remember. I think OSU will get in regardless now. I cant see them dropping out of the Top 4. OSU played pretty bad at times today but took advantage of Michigan's Turnovers and poor officiating.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have never seen a team as lucky as OSU in my life. They have won more games in OT and by like 3 points or less while playing bad under Urban Meyer than any other team I can ever remember. I think OSU will get in regardless now. I cant see them dropping out of the Top 4. OSU played pretty bad at times today but took advantage of Michigan's Turnovers and poor officiating.

?? Ohio State has only been in 11 OT games to that point EVER. 

16 hours ago, Gramz said:

Michigan got screwed at the end of the game.  OSU didn't get that first down.

Doesn't matter,  No-one is beating Bama

I thought it was too close to call if they could have had a view right across the first down marker then that would have said for sure whether he got it or not the views the refs were given you cant overturn that call on those views they weren't definitive enough to change the call.

2 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I thought it was too close to call if they could have had a view right across the first down marker then that would have said for sure whether he got it or not the views the refs were given you cant overturn that call on those views they weren't definitive enough to change the call.

Agree.  If he had called it short (which in my opinion it was)   he wouldn't have overturned that either.  Not enough conclusive evidence to overturn.    Tough call.

46 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

?? Ohio State has only been in 11 OT games to that point EVER. 

Didn't OSU beat Wisconsin in OT as well? I cant remember but I think they did, so that is the 2 biggest wins of the season in OT. Also in years past OSU has pulled out a lot of close of games under Meyer is where I was really going with it.

16 hours ago, Gramz said:

Michigan got screwed at the end of the game.  OSU didn't get that first down.

Doesn't matter,  No-one is beating Bama

I heard that 2 years ago, and well, the rest is history. I wish we would have had the chance to play them again last year, instead Michigan State got embarrassed. The ONLY times Bama has been a true threat is when they've had a half-way decent QB and Hurts isn't that. Both OSU and Michigan (as tough as that it to say for me) would beat Bama this year. 

As far as Michigan getting screwed, they didn't, the committed 3 COSTLY turnovers and watched one of the best kickers in the B1G miss 2 chip shots. OSU did all but give that game to Michigan, and as usual, lost.

8 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I heard that 2 years ago, and well, the rest is history. I wish we would have had the chance to play them again last year, instead Michigan State got embarrassed. The ONLY times Bama has been a true threat is when they've had a half-way decent QB and Hurts isn't that. Both OSU and Michigan (as tough as that it to say for me) would beat Bama this year. 

As far as Michigan getting screwed, they didn't, the committed 3 COSTLY turnovers and watched one of the best kickers in the B1G miss 2 chip shots. OSU did all but give that game to Michigan, and as usual, lost.

Yes, as I stated elsewhere,  the two missed FG's by OSU, and the penalty on Harbaugh are a few of the things that kept the game close.

I still think the call at the end of the game was wrong, but as I said,  I don't make the calls.  It just looked that way to me, and IMO the game should have been over at that point.    OSU played like crap the first 3 quarters, but as they say,  it's not over until it's over.    I personally thought Michigan had the best chance of beating Bama this year, before Speight got hurt.   It's been reported that he had a broken collarbone, however,  I don't think he could have played yesterday if that was the case.  Something obviously wrong with his  non-throwing shoulder though.  You could see that in his play.

Oh Well....  Best of luck to OSU,  I still think Bama is gonna win it all.

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Yes, as I stated elsewhere,  the two missed FG's by OSU, and the penalty on Harbaugh are a few of the things that kept the game close.

I still think the call at the end of the game was wrong, but as I said,  I don't make the calls.  It just looked that way to me, and IMO the game should have been over at that point.    OSU played like crap the first 3 quarters, but as they say,  it's not over until it's over.    I personally thought Michigan had the best chance of beating Bama this year, before Speight got hurt.   It's been reported that he had a broken collarbone, however,  I don't think he could have played yesterday if that was the case.  Something obviously wrong with his  non-throwing shoulder though.  You could see that in his play.

Oh Well....  Best of luck to OSU,  I still think Bama is gonna win it all.

I really hope they keep Michigan in the top-4 because that would put them against Bama, and even with Speight hurt, I think that offense and defense is still better than Bama. I would love to see a rematch of OSU and Michigan as the National Championship.

Congrats to Buckeyes fans. I thought I saw JT Barrett still running. I think Michigan should only drop 1 spot and Clemson jumps them for number 3. Michigan beat Wisconsin and Penn State so it makes no sense to drop them below them

1.Alabama

2.Ohio State

3.Clemson

4.Michigan

are my playoff teams

I hope the way Harbaugh handled himself after the game regardless if you agree with him or not has no bearing on how far Michigan drops

3 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Congrats to Buckeyes fans. I thought I saw JT Barrett still running. I think Michigan should only drop 1 spot and Clemson jumps them for number 3. Michigan beat Wisconsin and Penn State so it makes no sense to drop them below them

1.Alabama

2.Ohio State

3.Clemson

4.Michigan

are my playoff teams

That would be my 4 as well. I agree 100%. Michigan would beat Washington IMO and as you Posted they already beat Wisconsin and Penn St

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

1 hour ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I really hope they keep Michigan in the top-4 because that would put them against Bama, and even with Speight hurt, I think that offense and defense is still better than Bama. I would love to see a rematch of OSU and Michigan as the National Championship.

I don't know what makes you think either Michigan or Ohio State would beat Alabama.  Also Michigan's defense is nowhere near as good as Alabama's.  Alabama's front 7 is dominant and far better than any other front 7 that I have seen this year.  Alabama's offense is okay, nothing great, but their defense absolutely wears out their opponents, so they have not had to have a very good offense to win.  Don't get me wrong any team can lose on any given day, but Alabama has been very consistent this year.

3 hours ago, Cynjin said:

I don't know what makes you think either Michigan or Ohio State would beat Alabama.  Also Michigan's defense is nowhere near as good as Alabama's.  Alabama's front 7 is dominant and far better than any other front 7 that I have seen this year.  Alabama's offense is okay, nothing great, but their defense absolutely wears out their opponents, so they have not had to have a very good offense to win.  Don't get me wrong any team can lose on any given day, but Alabama has been very consistent this year.

Not all of us believe in the nonsense "Bama is so much better than everyone else". They aren't, and again, I heard that nonsense two years ago when OSU ran through them and that Bama team was easily better than this years' team. Both Michigan and OSU have the defense and offense to exploit Bama. Hell, Clemson would probably beat Bama if they played each other again.

On 11/27/2016 at 6:16 PM, BleedBlu8792 said:

Not all of us believe in the nonsense "Bama is so much better than everyone else". They aren't, and again, I heard that nonsense two years ago when OSU ran through them and that Bama team was easily better than this years' team. Both Michigan and OSU have the defense and offense to exploit Bama. Hell, Clemson would probably beat Bama if they played each other again.

I never said that Alabama as a whole is better than everyone else, just their front 7 on defense.  The Alabama defense two years ago was not as good as this version.  Their defense this year has more speed all around than the team two years ago, Saban has made a conscious effort to increase team speed on his defense the past few years.  Also, Clemson couldn't get it done last year and it is highly unlikely that they would do any better this year against Alabama.  Ohio State & Michigan would have a better shot, but neither of those teams have been as consistently good as Alabama this year.  So while it is possible one of the teams could beat Alabama, it is not likely.

Michigan has fallen off offensively lately, and took a day off against Iowa, period. That Iowa loss will keep them out of the playoffs.

Urban Meyer always matches up well with Nick Saban, from the Florida vs Bama days to the recent playoff win vs Bama a couple of years ago. Ohio State is battle tested with their schedule as well. 

I predict a Bama vs Ohio State championship game, should be exciting to watch. I don't think Clemson will get past Ohio State, and definitely won't beat Bama.

Is it just me or is that Penn State passing offense fun to watch when it is going? That guy Sorley (the Penn State QB) reminds me a lot of Russell Wilson, small in stature, throws it up for his talented WRs to go up and get it, and their TE Mike Gesicki, that dude will make a good pro in the right system.