Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

49ers Sign Rogers; Colts lose Opportunity

Andy

Arguably one of the best free agents still out there, Carlos Rogers, has signed with the 49ers on a 1 year deal. The Colts are still looking for that new no.1 cornerback after they released Kelvin Hayden last week. Thoughts on the signing? and who do you think the Colts can target that can become our new no.1 cornerback?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6829682/nfl-roundup-carlos-rogers-agrees-san-francisco-49ers?campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Arguably one of the best free agents still out there, Carlos Rogers, has signed with the 49ers on a 1 year deal. The Colts are still looking for that new no.1 cornerback after they released Kelvin Hayden last week. Thoughts on the signing? and who do you think the Colts can target that can become our new no.1 cornerback?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6829682/nfl-roundup-carlos-rogers-agrees-san-francisco-49ers?campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Dude - look around. The # 1 corner for the Colts is already on the roster in Powers. Secondly, Carlos Freaking Rogers would not have been the best corner on the team had they signed him.

Dude - look around. The # 1 corner for the Colts is already on the roster in Powers. Secondly, Carlos Freaking Rogers would not have been the best corner on the team had they signed him.

This. Powers is very, very good.

I still think we need another corner, though. Lacey practicing as a starter makes me kinda nauseous, TBH.

Now with C.Rogers gone I think the Colts must sign Whitner and also look into Lito Sheppard along with Aston Youboty i know hes Sheppard is old but he can still make plays and Youboty will be cheap enough that if he flat out sucks you release him no harm done

As stated above... the best CB on the Colts roster last year is still here.

I also would make the argument that Justin Tryon was better than Kelvin Hayden last year. Especially in terms of bang for your buck. Kelvin was making a boatload just to be AVERAGE at best.

Well wishes Hayden..

Carlos "Stone Hands" Rogers... really guys? Are we just trying to pick anyone off of the street to fill a void. If we are seriously hurting at the CB spot and Caldwell and co. do not feel comfortable, we will bring in a CB.

Signing Rogers would have been nice, but I'm not too upset that we didn't get him. We need a number 2, not a number 1. Tryon showed flashes of excellent play, but I am personally not sold on him yet. However, he has all of training camp and pre-season to prove me wrong and show the coaches he deserves to start. I think he is currently penciled in as the number 2 corner behind Powers.

Tryon and Powers will definitely be our starters. Lacey has always been a decent nickel back, some guys just struggle on the outside. Like how I thought Harper was actually very good in the nickel spot, but he just didn't have it in him to lock down outside receivers. Same thing can be said about Lacey in my book. Plus we have two guys we drafted who have never stepped on the field and a boat load of other guys, and one could be a gem.

I'm very confident in Tryon's play, and have been since he stepped on the field. With a full training camp under his belt, he should be our sleeper on D to have a breakout year.

Sure injuries happen. But I am literally praying Harris can stay healthy. In week 16 of 2009, he was demanding TRIPLE teams against the Vikes. If he can manage to stay healthy for a playoff run our secondary definitely will have less big bodies to deal with, hence less chance for injury. I also think Harris will have a less chance of getting hurt here because no team would dare triple him with Freeney and Mathis out there. At least not constantly or there will be sack-fumbles, and hurt QBs.

It's a win win. A healthy Harris means our defense will be "new look" and our secondary should actually make it through the year. Also Sims is somewhat of a head hunter and will be delivering hits so the DBs won't have to. Angerer is also going to improve. The front 7 definitely is going to determine if we have to sign stop gap corners due to injury. It would be nice to bring in 1 vet at safety and corner, but with optimistic hope in regards to our front 7, it may not even be needed.

Carlos Rodgers is overrated. Not that good of a corner. Might cut him a break because he's had like six different coordinators up there, but I don't think he's that good. I wouldn't have minded adding him, but I'm not concerned that we didn't.

I think the staff is content with what we have at corner. Powers, Tryon, Lacey are probably the top three, plus we have a lot of youngsters with promise. I think we need depth at safety, maybe even a starter, more than we need help at corner.