LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Packers Game Day Thread

1,057 posts in this topic

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Good stop, third and long!  This is where the D usually collapses.

I've barely got to 2nd down by the time you've posted this :P

1 person likes this

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

They're picking on Green in coverage.  Smart move on their part

I was going to say the coverage looked okish.. then I saw the 2nd play.

Ah...

Has Green Bay's OL been this bad all year?  They probably regret releasing Sitton

Not at all, Rodgers has had years to throw behind it so far from bits of  GB games I've seen. 

3 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Aaron Rodgers looking relaxed out there.

Isnt it annoying?

Just now, backshoulderfade said:

Pass rush looks decent so far today.

There is no beast as mythical such as the Colts pass rush, you must have been drinking my good man.

1 person likes this

Ok, I'm going to be really upset if they try to go conservative, smash mouth against this Packers D.  Maybe the Colts can just keep returning Kickoffs for touchdowns.

Just now, snkdy said:

Alright let's go Andrew.

I'm good with just returning kicks and keeping Luck on the sideline if I'm honest :P

1 person likes this

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Isnt it annoying?

Yeah. You see him with 3 pass rushers in the backfield and he is just stepping, juking and spinning looking bored.

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

There is no beast as mythical such as the Colts pass rush, you must have been drinking my good man.

Legend tells of an age where heros such as Freeney and Mathis patrolled the trenches.

2 people like this

Just now, backshoulderfade said:

Legend tells of an age where heros such as Freeney and Mathis patrolled the trenches.

Does the legend also speak of how they will return from mystical land of Arizona at the time of our greatest need?

1 person likes this

Jon Harrison at LG gives up the sack.  Someone please remind me why he is on an NFL roster?

1 person likes this

If they do the 'stand up' thing on the line...we have to check down a little..run a draw against that

Luck cant get hit al the time

Jon Harrison at LG gives up the sack.  Someone please remind me why he is on an NFL roster?

Because he's the best!

He's big? 

That's all I got. 

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Does the legend also speak of how they will return from mystical land of Arizona at the time of our greatest need?

No, but rumour has it that the ghost of Robert Mathis occasionaly haunts opposing O-lines....occasionaly

1 person likes this

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Yeah, the slow starts are dreadful. Just makes you wonder what in blue skies are we doing in practice?    Can't rely on Andrew to bring us back every game. Chud is also to blame. He's gotta get better and more creative at play calling    I like Green Bay's play calling how they move everyone around. Dorsett should be our Randall Cobb. Put him in the backfield, in motion for jet sweeps. The kid has speed, use him everywhere until we actually trade him if they still are trying to trade him 
    •   She pushed him and then slapped him across the face.   Maybe you could argue somewhat from a moralistic prospective that his response was excessive.   But again, in this country people don't tend to see it that way if it's a guy vs. a guy even if there is a massive size difference.  If a guy starts something, people will usually cheer if he gets pounded for it.  So arguing that isn't in keeping with how we usually view these things.   Thing is that ultimately she hit him first, he struck back ending her violent attack.  That doesn't make him a monster.  At worst that makes him human.  Quite frankly if you ask me he's a person who was defending himself and his dignity.  Slapping another person across the face is not just a physical attack it's an insult on their dignity.                      
    • I buy his change in attitude, it's refreshing.

But my problems, or I guess my questions, with Pagano are more just about his actual coaching ability. He can change his ways all he wants but we'll see if he's actually able to coach this team up.
    • Part of it is the negative side of a zone blocking scheme.  With zone blocking the line is supposed to flow to the play side so that means a lot of times on even fronts there is a guy unblocked (I don't remember if the D was in an even front or an odd front on this play).  On the play mentioned by the OP (I think it was Turbin on the delay not Mack) without knowing the specifics, that could just as easily be on the QB and not the scheme.  The QB needs to be able to see uncovered defenders, he should have sent the TE in motion to that side.  If there is a defender not covered by the zone, you usually want him near the POA so that player gets caught up in the cluster as the oline flows to the play side.  That is why I think this is on the QB, he has got to know the blocking scheme well enough to identify the player that is not going to get caught up in (we call it the wave but that's because it's easier for 7th graders to understand a wave rather than a moving zone) the wave and adjust the formation accordingly.   It could also be the scheme which, if that's the case, then Philbin needs to be fired immediately.  You cannot develop a blocking scheme that leaves a defender on the LOS unblocked on a delay or misdirection type play, players in the NFL are too fast for that.
    • I'm buying that he is noticeably different in what he says. You can tell in his press conferences that he is vocally expecting more out of players than in previous seasons (atleast publicly). Time will tell if this mantra produces any changes.
  • Welcome New Members

• Members

• Redbull

Redbull 4

• OHColtfan

OHColtfan 103

• buccolts

buccolts 2,376

• JRnINDY

JRnINDY 278

• JMichael557

JMichael557 69

• krunk

krunk 7,562

• Yehoodi

Yehoodi 1,013

• twfish

twfish 1,089

• Boiler_Colt

Boiler_Colt 1,733

• ColtsArmy84

ColtsArmy84 95

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.