Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts workout Nate Irving

RockThatBlue

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look.  If anybody thinks that a GM makes a decision to cut a starting ILB without input from the positional coaches, DC, and HC, they are dreaming.  Sometimes a GM might do that for salary cap reasons, but outside of DJax, every ILB is making the same money.

For some reason, the coaches recommended cutting Irving over McNary.

51 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Why would they need to work him out?  He was here over a year and was gone like a month?

Because they cut him two months ago.

You work him out to find out if he's in decent shape.

What if you don't work him out -- and you sign him -- and then he gets hurt right away.     How does that help you?

46 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Look.  If anybody thinks that a GM makes a decision to cut a starting ILB without input from the positional coaches, DC, and HC, they are dreaming.  Sometimes a GM might do that for salary cap reasons, but outside of DJax, every ILB is making the same money.

For some reason, the coaches recommended cutting Irving over McNary.

I'm sure it's because McNary has "grit" and "keeps chopping wood" on a weekly basis. I bet on the practice field he's always "flying around and making plays". Or whatever else cliches Pagano uses to justify playing under-talented individuals who shouldn't even sniff the field on a contending team.

The whole situation was just stupid to begin with. Nobody is mistaking Nate Irving for Ray Lewis but he's a better player than Mcnary. What in the world made them keep Josh over Irving I dont even know. You want to stop the run and you cut the run stuffing backer for a guy who can't.

2 hours ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

What a huge mistake to cut him in the first place.  

Huge mistake and yet the guy is still sitting at home waiting for someone to sign him. He may be marginally better than the others but he wasn't a huge mistake to let go. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because they cut him two months ago.

You work him out to find out if he's in decent shape.

What if you don't work him out -- and you sign him -- and then he gets hurt right away.     How does that help you?

In all fairness though, he'll most likely injure himself on our field right way anyways. Just our luck 

And some people actually defended why he should've been cut because he didn't do much during the preseason smh I wouldn't sign him because he might not be too interested in with playing with us but then again he does need a job so.....if this means no more mcnary I'm all for it

For all the people in this thread ragging on management for cutting Irving.....

Do you even realize he's on the street right now?   

If he's as good as you think,  any of the other 31 NFL teams should've signed him and kept him.

So,  what happened?      Do you think by chance the NFL knows something that all of you don't?!?

HELLO?!?

If all of you are such geniuses and you're right that he's so good,  he wouldn't be available to us now......

You might want to re-think this just a little bit...........       :peek:

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

:facepalm:

This team is a mess right now, and not because we are working out Nate but because we have to because we cut him in the first place.

If the team wasn't in the "shape" it appears to be, this would kinda go unnoticed. But, the way things are going, i kinda have to roll my eyes.

anyone remember why he was let go?