Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next Sunday game against the packers

VaAllDay757

11 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

The defense can't stop a nosebleed and is facing one of the best QBs in the game.  The OL can't stop anyone and has Clay Matthews salivating.  This could get really ugly.

It could get super ugly, aaron might go for 500 

I'm ok with it simply because I know we aren't winning anything, but I'm ok with anything that might get Jim's attention and makes him realize what a mistake he made with Grigs and Pagano so if I've got to see a beat down or two I'm ok.

I don't think it'll be 62-7 bad, but I can easily see a 35-14 type game.

Another blow out likely. In hind sight I wish we would of lost to sd,chicago cuz we really shouldn't of won those anyway but then atleast we b at 1 win and play for draft position, but heck this organization would probably draft vinny's future replacement with the first or 2nd pick in the draft,LOL - sounds stupid but that's how pathetic this staff is/has been. Another issue is it takes time to make a defense good and davis ain't getting any younger. 

I will just copy and paste my post from NFL General from a thread there.

We are screwed. We are going TO Green Bay which is basically the NFLs golden boy movie set. And they don't lose often at home and are coming off a high scoring 1 point loss on the road.

And Rodgers is going to go wild on us and Luck will be sacked 20 times.

Our only hope is a snow storm which also helps the Packers and hurts us.

But, it's still going to be a fun game full of grit, guts and chopping wood and rolling balls of butcher knives and a lot of heart. And when it's over Irsay is going to say we should have won but the ball didn't bounce our way 10 to 15 times.

I agree Rodgers hasn't been all world, but can you imagine how he's going to carve us up when he slides around the pocket for 10 seconds.

I guarantee we'll see guys open with no one within 5 yards multiple times next week.

And of course it's the national game so everyone can see this 'hot mess express' in full HD...

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Didn't this vaunted Packer team struggle with the lowly Bears just a couple of weeks ago? I fully expect Green Bay to  beat the Colts without much problem but it's not like Rogers has looked as good as he normally does this season.  Our defense is abysmal though. lol 

We let Trevor semian, Brian hoyer, Nick foles , and brock osweiler look like pro bowlers.... Aaron Rodgers is about to annihilate this jv high school squad that we call a defense

Didn't this vaunted Packer team struggle with the lowly Bears just a couple of weeks ago? I fully expect Green Bay to  beat the Colts without much problem but it's not like Rogers has looked as good as he normally does this season.  Our defense is abysmal though. lol 

Never judge a team for struggling against a division opponent. Those are the toughest games integrated schedule. The familiarity makes them tougher than most other games.

Look at us, we classically split the season series with the Jags.

3 minutes ago, GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE said:

We let Trevor semian, Brian hoyer, Nick foles , and brock osweiler look like pro bowlers.... Aaron Rodgers is about to annihilate this jv high school squad that we call a defense

He will ultimately be doing us a favor if it helps to expedite the ouster of Griggson and Pagano after this season. 

8 minutes ago, GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE said:

We about to get killled.... real talk

Yeah, totally real talk.

Just a team where we don't matchup at all. When Rodgers starts moving around in the pocket buying time for his receivers to get open our DB's and LB's are assured to get lost in coverage or simply can't keep up them with speed wise.

Plus throw in a couple guys who'll be listed as OUT in a couple days.

Terrible opponent. Anything can happen, but I'd be proud if they fought and kept it close. I think it'll have the vibe of today's game where you could clearly see they weren't going to win and the better team was KC.

Well time to let the young guys get some experience. We can get some positives from developing the team. Sad that we're wasting a banner year from Vinny. The Oline might be good in a year or so. I really think we need to start designing game plans that protect Luck at the cost of trying to win. That man will be so destroyed if this keeps up. Maybe put a backup in if we're down by 14 at any point. I think we need to cut our losses. A very big shame.

9 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

The defense can't stop a nosebleed and is facing one of the best QBs in the game.  The OL can't stop anyone and has Clay Matthews salivating.  This could get really ugly.

Maybe it's a good thing the easiest part of the schedule was early so we can hurry up and lose out this season and watch the whole front office get on a plane out of Indy. If we can get blown out a few times on top of it, that would be great. 

I honestly want them to kick our *** badly like a 50-7 blowout just to fire the OC pagano and Grigson for thier nonexistent ability to coach and make any adjustments during the game...tired of seeing pagano punt the damn ball down 14 with under 8 min left in a game where our defence has been allowing backups to run wild and score on them repeatedly

6 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Maybe it's a good thing the easiest part of the schedule was early so we can hurry up and lose out this season and watch the whole front office get on a plane out of Indy. If we can get blown out a few times on top of it, that would be great. 

I've been saying that for a few weeks now.  More losses this season are a good thing for the future of this franchise.

It really does have the potential to be a rout.

This is probably the first game of the season where we, as fans, are uniformally looking at the game and expecting a heavy loss and so, as stated above, we may just win the thing!  :D

Having been a Colts/NFL fan for only a few years, it still hurts my head to think that losing is best for the team (dual threat of potentially getting rid of Grigs/Pagano and bumping our place in the draft) but the temporary pain may be the only way to make the most of Luck's best years.

38 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I've been saying that for a few weeks now.  More losses this season are a good thing for the future of this franchise.

I've fought this mentality for awhile now, but I'm starting to come around to the idea of having a top 5 pick and completely gutting the front office and coaching staff (Pagano & Monachino in particular, they are utterly clueless). Cut all the geezers on defense, stockpile that cap, and get a blue-chip edge rush prospect in the first round. Who knows, maybe we even trade up so we could have 2 first rounders?

7 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I've fought this mentality for awhile now, but I'm starting to come around to the idea of having a top 5 pick and completely gutting the front office and coaching staff (Pagano & Monachino in particular, they are utterly clueless). Cut all the geezers on defense, stockpile that cap, and get a blue-chip edge rush prospect in the first round. Who knows, maybe we even trade up so we could have 2 first rounders?

Yeah, it has plenty of benefits, in my opinion. 

1. Fire Pagano, Monachino, and possibly Chud.  Make Philbin interim head coach for the remainder of the season with the unspoken acknowledgement that the season is lost. 

2. Fire Grigson or start doing a bit more research on candidates around the NFL to replace Grigson in the offseason.

3. Try to get rid of all the older vets on the team, including Walden, Mike Adams, DQ, and Gore.  Try to get anything back in return, even if it's late round picks.  If not, Gore deserves to be cut so he can pursue a championship with another team.

4. Give the younger guys more playing time and reps so they can develop, including Maggitt, Blythe, and Clark.

5. Obtain a high pick and free up cap space

6. Give Luck much more freedom.  Let him try calling his own plays for a couple drives in each game.

"To Dream the Impossible Dream" a song title some years back. Here is a more current title, "To Dream The Impossible Dream Until You Punched In The Head". I thought the Colts were over due to get back on track but they only proved they are not a good team capable of playing up to the opponents level. It was not just another loss but proof they are in very deep trouble for years to come. One or two seasons of change with the current office personnel will not get any results. Don't shoot the soldiers, shoot the generals.