Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Don't Ask Me Why But...

Coltsman1788

41 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Chiefs haven't bin a dominant team not really an upset I think we can beat them 

They are 2.5 point road favorites.  Home teams usually get three points. So on a neutral field KC would be considered 5.5 point favorites. Not a major upset if Indy wins but with the way the Colts have looked this season....beating KC would be a minor upset.   

I think it depends on which team shows up.  I like what I have seen the last two games minus about 3 minutes or so.  If it's the team we saw vs. the Bears or Jags then they won't come within 10.  I like our chances at home if the former team shows up.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I have a feeling the Colts will beat the Chiefs on Sunday.  Just a vibe I am getting.  Upsets happen every week in the NFL...hopefully this will be one of them.  I'm not exactly the most optimistic Colts fan out there but I am feeling positive about the game this week. 

Why?

14 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Why?

Well if you ask me why I might try to explain and just reason myself into saying we don't have a chance after all.  So just sip on some apple juice and let me bask in this unexplained positive vibe that I have going over here.  At least until Sunday afternoon.  lol

Seriously though, I just think the Colts need this game and will respond.  The return of Moncrief and possibly Dorsett to the offense might be the boost needed for Luck to have a great day.  KC's offense isn't too prolific so maybe our defense holds them just enough for the Colts to win a close one at home. 

23 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Why?

Not sure about him but I will say why from my perspective.  I know the Chiefs are a pretty good team but I look at their offensive and defensive rankings are they are pretty average on both sides of the ball.  And that's what I consider them, a pretty good average team.  I think if the Colts play like they have the last two games, save the last 3 minutes in Houston, they can and should beat this team at home.  The Colts have played better defenses this season and faired pretty well.  The only question is can the defense get some stops?  I think they can get just enough in what should be a good game.

The colts have actually been playing really good ball the last two weeks, save for the final 6 minutes against Houston (Ugh. Still bugs me). And before you say, "Well it was against Houston and Tennessee". Well Houston already beat Kansas City, and Tennessee is about to go to 4-4 (5-3 had they beaten Indy). Not great teams, but HOU and TEN are at least decent. And honestly that's what KC is to me. Decent. 

I'm not favouring the Colts at all Sunday. But to expect them to get blown out or have not shot at home (considering they've yet to be blown out this season), is beyond gratuitous. They'll keep it close and competitive. And with Luck as your QB, you'll have a shot at the end to win it no doubt. 

2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

The colts have actually been playing really good ball the last two weeks, save for the final 6 minutes against Houston (Ugh. Still bugs me). And before you say, "Well it was against Houston and Tennessee". Well Houston already beat Kansas City, and Tennessee is about to go to 4-4 (5-3 had they beaten Indy). Not great teams, but HOU and TEN are at least decent. And honestly that's what KC is to me. Decent. 

I'm not favouring the Colts at all Sunday. But to expect them to get blown out or have not shot at home (considering they've yet to be blown out this season), is beyond gratuitous. They'll keep it close and competitive. And with Luck as your QB, you'll have a shot at the end to win it no doubt. 

I honestly like the Colts chances on Sunday. The offense finally seems like they're all on the same page with Chud's system, & we're getting Moncrief back. That's huge. And I expect that the o-line will continue to improve as well, I'm hoping they get a little better each week moving forward. As far as D goes, they're still giving up a lot of points, but at least now they are making some plays & forcing a turnover occasionally, which they weren't doing at all the first few weeks.

Chiefs aren't a great team. They are ranked in the lower half of the league on offense and defense. 

They do lead the league in ints, but are banged up in the secondary. Peters is scary, but if Moncrief plays, we should be able to avoid him. 

Their offense isn't good, by any stretch, but literally any team in the league can put up numbers on our defense.

I'm not making any predictions for this one, but this is a very winnable game. The two keys to victory for Indy will be:

1. Luck continuing to make good decisions with the football (avoiding Peters)

2. Avoiding the huge YAC numbers that our defense had become notorious for by wrapping up ball carriers and sniffing out screens. 

Sure can't count on anything with this Colts team.  But I think this a good match up.  KC doesn't have a very explosive offense.  And looking at their forums,  the fans say they've struggled to get a pass rush all year with Justin Houston out.  

Luck really needs to take care of the ball this week.  They have a very dangerous secondary.  

The Chiefs are good but never dominate. The Colts can beat them if they simply click. The OL has shown signs of life but the D has to stop a solid KC running game. he Colts history has been playing up to the level of the competition so anything goes. It's a crime how poorly the three other AFC South teams are playing while the Colts do the same. The division title is there on a silver platter.

I agree ts, I think we match up well against this team. The teams that always seem to give us fits are teamed with really great qb play. We are ok when we can focus on either run or pass. We get into big trouble when we play teams like New England who throw it so well on us, that we have to give up on the run and they start running the ball down our throats and then it's game over. If we weren't playing at home I would say we lose this game, but I think we have some momentum and our back is against the wall. You add all of that, with us being at home and I say we win this game 28-24.

12 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I have a feeling the Colts will beat the Chiefs on Sunday.  Just a vibe I am getting.  Upsets happen every week in the NFL...hopefully this will be one of them.  I'm not exactly the most optimistic Colts fan out there but I am feeling positive about the game this week. 

I think the Colts win as well and it would not be some huge upset.  KC is a good team and well-coached (as long as Reid is not trying to run a hurry-up) but Indy has a clear advantage in the most important position on the field.  Regardless of Indy's clear deficiencies, he gives them a chance.

The Chiefs offense may not be great but one of their best weapons is Kelce, their Pro Bowl TE. With our no pass cover ILBs, it is a very bad match up for us. I expect that Andy Reid is game planning to take advantage of the mismatch. He may be salivating at the prospect.

I had that same winning vibe against the Titans last week.

I don't feel the same this week, not that a win isn't possible, but I think we'll lose a close one. Their RB's have a solid ypc and Kelce could do damage against our LB's. They don't have a lot of sacks but I've read that they get good pressure. And even though Alex Smith isn't elite, he's much better than guys we've made look elite, so if we can't get any pressure then I see him having a good game. Not to mention the Chiefs want revenge over the Wildcard game.

10 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Chiefs aren't a great team. They are ranked in the lower half of the league on offense and defense. 

They do lead the league in ints, but are banged up in the secondary. Peters is scary, but if Moncrief plays, we should be able to avoid him. 

Their offense isn't good, by any stretch, but literally any team in the league can put up numbers on our defense.

I'm not making any predictions for this one, but this is a very winnable game. The two keys to victory for Indy will be:

1. Luck continuing to make good decisions with the football (avoiding Peters)

2. Avoiding the huge YAC numbers that our defense had become notorious for by wrapping up ball carriers and sniffing out screens. 

The INT number is overrated.  I believe they got 6 against Fitzpatrick lol.  With that being said, their corners are good, Luck needs a healthy Moncrief and Dorsett to go along with Doyle and Hitlon.  He can't turn the ball over either.

It seems like every team in our division is tanking and we are the ones trying to pacify the media and fans with wins. We will win this division easily and have another terrible draft based on draft position and of course with Grigson at the helm. Just my opinion

They have Alex Smith and we have Andrew Luck. We can win and it shouldn't be considered an upset if we do. We have been in every last single game this year, so there is no reason why it would be bold to feel that would win, especially considering our history with KC. 

On 10/27/2016 at 9:24 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

We seem to always play the Chiefs well for some reason. 

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ok...my vibes apparently mean nothing.  Mods...please change this title to "Don't Ask Me Why I Picked the Colts!"  Lol

I will be returning to my usual slightly jaded self next week...courtesy of the Colts play this season.  :facepalm:

Lol...they're just pathetic. It's one of those 'I saw the light' moments.

They take one step forward and four steps back.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Lol...they're just pathetic. It's one of those 'I saw the light' moments.

They take one step forward and four steps back.

The sad thing is I "saw the light" this past offseason but really after the Houston game. But like Jules said...I "wanted to have hope" deep down.  Enough of that foolishness. Lol .    

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

The sad thing is I "saw the light" this past offseason but really after the Houston game. But like Jules said...I "wanted to have hope" deep down.  Enough of that foolishness. Lol .    

Totally agree. I just couldn't see all these udfa's and 1st-2nd year guys making the leap.

We just aren't good and it's so annoying to watch bad football, especially when you actually have a qb. 

It's up to Diamond Jim now. We just get to enjoy this crap product for a couple more months...yaaayyy

On 10/27/2016 at 9:24 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

LMAO...... Don't get married dude