Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Grigson interview NBC Sports 10/26

Ratking

22 minutes ago, achcolts said:

Is there a transcript that I can read? At work at the moment but interested to see what he talked about

Talked about his comment towards lucks contract and how it effects the defense. Says it was taken out of context and to him is an obvious comment. 

Talked about Gores statement about how he didn't come here for this, being a statement of passion for the wins and not about lack of commitment. 

Talked about the line and about the rookies, and how Good, is looking really good. 

Said he feels good about the direction the team is headed in. 

4 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

Talked about his comment towards lucks contract and how it effects the defense. Says it was taken out of context and to him is an obvious comment. 

Talked about Gores statement about how he didn't come here for this, being a statement of passion for the wins and not about lack of commitment. 

Talked about the line and about the rookies, and how Good, is looking really good. 

Said he feels good about the direction the team is headed in. 

I'm very critical towards Grigson, but his comments about Luck's contract and the defense were taken out of context.  He explicitly stated before he made that comment that draft picks and free agents weren't panning out as they hoped and he took responsibility for it.

2 hours ago, digroute88 said:

I think Mr. Grigson sounds more condescending when talking with the national media rather than the local pundits . 

At what point in the interview did you get the impression he was being condescending?

I listened to the whole interview and never got that impression.

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'm very critical towards Grigson, but his comments about Luck's contract and the defense were taken out of context.  He explicitly stated before he made that comment that draft picks and free agents weren't panning out as they hoped and he took responsibility for it.

Exactly. He didn't use any excuses and took the responsibility for making some bad picks. He stated about the injuries and the shuffling of the o-line and IMO that is not making an excuse, it's stating the obvious.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Under the old regime, outside of game day, my favorite day of the week was the day i could listen to or read The Polian Corner.

I would not mind if Grigs started doing something like that.

I loved Polian Corner. Learned a lot about the game, the league, his modus operandi, etc. 

Except for one, 12/28/2009. "The Decision." 

It's funny that people think Grigson is/can be condescending. Polian was the king of condescending, but he knew what he was talking about. 

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

I loved Polian Corner. Learned a lot about the game, the league, his modus operandi, etc. 

It's funny that people think Grigson is/can be condescending. Polian was the king of condescending, but he knew what he was talking about. 

When we decided to rest people at 14-0 that was perhaps the worst moment ever as a Colts fan for me. Then Polian was trying to blow it off like it was no big deal. Fans shredded him on the radio LOL.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When we decided to rest people at 14-0 that was perhaps the worst moment ever as a Colts fan for me. Then Polian was trying to blow it off like it was no big deal. Fans shredded him on the radio LOL.

I was absolutely astonished by the decision to throw away a perfect season; that is an achievement in and of itself. There have been many Super Bowl winners but not many teams that have been undefeated. Ironically, Freeney still gets injured before the Super Bowl. Lol

5 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I was absolutely astonished by the decision to throw away a perfect season; that is an achievement in and of itself. There have been many Super Bowl winners but not many teams that have been undefeated. Ironically Freeney still gets injured before the Super Bowl. Lol

Yeah that blew my mind and Polian acted like it was no big deal. Man I was pee'd off, Still am about that absurd decision. People in hindsight can now say we lost to the Saints but who knows how things would've played out had we been 18-0? My 2 worst moments was that and losing to Pittsburgh in the 05 Playoffs when Dungy clearly didn't have the team prepared.

32 minutes ago, Superman said:

Loved his post game interviews.  One in particular we quote all the time at my house......he was talking about  a questionable call by the officials and their statement on it and he said "sounds like the usual likely story" :lol:

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that blew my mind and Polian acted like it was no big deal. Man I was pee'd off, Still am about that absurd decision. People in hindsight can now say we lost to the Saints but who knows how things would've played out had we been 18-0? My 2 worst moments was that and losing to Pittsburgh in the 05 Playoffs when Dungy clearly didn't have the team prepared.

that choice was almost as painful as losing the sb.

24 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

that choice was almost as painful as losing the sb.

Yes it was. Been a fan since 1984 and I will say my 3 worst moments was losing to Pitt in the 05 Playoffs in Indy, losing to Pitt in the 95 Title Game(Harbaugh's run), and losing to the Saints in the 09 SB. Not going for the undefeated season in 09 is right in there with those moments.

13 hours ago, Superman said:

That was one of the things I liked about it.  If someone asked a particularly stupid question, he would try to be polite about it but he just couldn't be, he would tell that person that basically they didn't know what they were talking about.

I'm not a Grigson fan at all but I didn't hear any condescension in the interview posted, it actually did what it was meant to do... give some Colts news and it made me like Grigson a bit more.  I still think he is in over his head as a GM but from this interview it sounds like he knows it as well and is working to improve.

13 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Cut it off after a minute or so when he said they will continue with the current and past adversity. Job Well done Grigs.

I think I know what you are trying to say but it is very confusing.  If I read you right, 

Dear God...

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

That was one of the things I liked about it.  If someone asked a particularly stupid question, he would try to be polite about it but he just couldn't be, he would tell that person that basically they didn't know what they were talking about.

I'm not a Grigson fan at all but I didn't hear any condescension in the interview posted, it actually did what it was meant to do... give some Colts news and it made me like Grigson a bit more.  I still think he is in over his head as a GM but from this interview it sounds like he knows it as well and is working to improve.

Yeah for his next job if given one. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes it was. Been a fan since 1984 and I will say my 3 worst moments was losing to Pitt in the 05 Playoffs in Indy, losing to Pitt in the 95 Title Game(Harbaugh's run), and losing to the Saints in the 09 SB. Not going for the undefeated season in 09 is right in there with those moments.

Yes Yes Yes you said exactly for me. 

19 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

At what point in the interview did you get the impression he was being condescending?

I listened to the whole interview and never got that impression.

My fault . I meant that he is condescending towards the local media at times . The main thing is I think were just all sick of him . Are there any Grigson fans left ?

4 minutes ago, digroute88 said:

My fault . I meant that he is condescending towards the local media at times . The main thing is I think were just all sick of him . Are there any Grigson fans left ?

Yes 80% of this board thinks he's doing fine 

More people want Pagano gone then Grigson's stupid ***

Me I think they both suck

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ugh... the '95 game still stings... Jim was so freaking close...

Considering how often he's been mentioning how he's failed to bring talent in, it makes me believe he walked into the 2016 draft thinking "holy crap I've gotta stop playing around and really bring in the talent" and that's what lead to him drafting 4 offensive lineman.

I just hope if he does stay for the draft his has this same mindset but for LBs.