Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver's CJ Anderson

oldunclemark

42 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

I'm growing to hate the injuries more and more (I wish there could be the same game without them)... This is too bad, even though they're playing us this week.  CJ is a good guy.  Devontae is tough and will rise to the occasion.

I really respect that about you GAFT. You are complementary toward elite division foe players. 

Your guy Philip Rivers is 1 hades of a tough competitor too. He's never out of any game he plays in either. He's a QB I always have to keep an eye on every single Sunday. The dude is clutch & he can hang with anybody--Brady, Brees, Wilson. 

1 minute ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Cuz you KNOW I would have to be in full Charger's regalia and in top trash talking mode ;-)

I'm picturing that in my mind right now. haha Smack talking is definitely an art form. Nice. 

I don't know if I'd ever do it in the Black Hole Raiders Country though. 

I have to give Melvin Gordon credit. He's finding his groove now. Normally, Badgers don't do well at the next level as RBs but I'm proud of him. He's figuring out what it takes to win & get in the end zone. Bravo man! 

Yeah, he's a good kid.  His mama finally bought his jersey and wore it this year.  Raised him right and said he'd have to earn it.  He's going to turn out well assuming he can stay healthy.  Bosa is killin' it too as is Jatavis Brown and all but 2 of our 8 draft picks this year (Rnd 7 G out for season, Rnd 3 Center Max Tuerk sitting behind C Matt Slauson).  We're very young and very hungry.  Boy do I want to see them beat Denver at Denver and go on a roll. 

A secret... I'm actually terrible at trash talking!  I'm just too darn nice :Dhaha

Back to the topic at hand I think I read that CJ has a bone bruise?  That sounds awfully painful.  I don't know much about an injury like that.  What do they do for it?

20 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Yeah, he's a good kid.  His mama finally bought his jersey and wore it this year.  Raised him right and said he'd have to earn it.  He's going to turn out well assuming he can stay healthy.  Bosa is killin' it too as is Jatavis Brown and all but 2 of our 8 draft picks this year (Rnd 7 G out for season, Rnd 3 Center Max Tuerk sitting behind C Matt Slauson).  We're very young and very hungry.  Boy do I want to see them beat Denver at Denver and go on a roll. 

A secret... I'm actually terrible at trash talking!  I'm just too darn nice :Dhaha

Back to the topic at hand I think I read that CJ has a bone bruise?  That sounds awfully painful.  I don't know much about an injury like that.  What do they do for it?

Uh huh. When his momma said that, I literally broke out laughing. No really, I did. Yep, despite his contract glitch at the start. That kid is worth the price of admission baby. He'll be a locker room captain soon. 

No one will ever confuse me with HOF TE Shannon Sharpe trash talker either the best to ever do it IMO. I know a bone bruise doesn't sound pleasant at all does it?

The Chargers always play well at Mile High. Your team doesn't fear the mystique of that place at all. Plus, the elevation there doesn't seem to phase your squad at all.

I really like the aggressiveness of your DC too. You guys also recruit good DCs there too from Ron Rivera to John Pagano. 

14 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

My wife had a bone bruise in her ankle last year and the doctor told us that means the interior bone has fractured, just not the harder exterior of the bone. Recovery was several months including a couple months in a boot followed by lots of physical therapy. It's both painful and a long recovery time.

4 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Saw the news this morning that he's out for the year.  That's too bad.  Wish you a swift and full recovery, CJ

He posted on twitter that he won't know for sure until after the surgery.

The bad news for Denver is that CJ makes their suspect OL looks better than they really are by breaking tackles and running angry. The good news for Denver is that Booker appears to do the exact same with a little more speed. If he goes down though they are in trouble although the new backup (Kapri Bibbs - broke records at Colorado State) may have some potential as well. Will be interesting to see if they hit the waiver wire. 

1 hour ago, 19colt said:

He posted on twitter that he won't know for sure until after the surgery.

The bad news for Denver is that CJ makes their suspect OL looks better than they really are by breaking tackles and running angry. The good news for Denver is that Booker appears to do the exact same with a little more speed. If he goes down though they are in trouble although the new backup (Kapri Bibbs - broke records at Colorado State) may have some potential as well. Will be interesting to see if they hit the waiver wire. 

I totally agree - that's why I'm not jumping up and down about CJ being out (not that I would), there is absolutely no drop off with Booker. 

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

IR would be 8 games, right?

with the bye still ahead for them.....CJ could be available for the playoffs

He came from nowhere to be a factor....hope he comes back as good as he was

They haven't put him on IR yet

19 hours ago, Danfish98 said:

My wife had a bone bruise in her ankle last year and the doctor told us that means the interior bone has fractured, just not the harder exterior of the bone. Recovery was several months including a couple months in a boot followed by lots of physical therapy. It's both painful and a long recovery time.

In the end anderson had a miiscus tear and thats why the surgery, bone bruise was the intial diagnosis before further eval 

-------------------------------

Rapoport added, per a source informed of the situation, that Anderson had an arthroscopic procedure on his torn meniscus Thursday, and will be placed on injured reserve.

he is expected to be out the season, also its amazing that he played 3/4 of the game with it

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000728569/article/cj-anderson-knee-to-have-surgery-will-go-on-ir

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

your Doctor was wrong or was using language u may find easier to understand or u just accidently mistook him but a bone Bruise is no fracture interior or otherwise

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bone contusion, or bone bruise, is an  injury on the surface of a bone. The discoloration appears as blood and other fluids build up around  & in the affected bone.  It is less severe than a bone fracture. A fracture, on the other hand, involves damage to a deeper area of bone  It can lead to a fracture however,  

Bone is made up of intrerconected fibers ( trabeculae ) , with calcium deposits in the spaces between said fibers. With an injury , like hitting something hard some fibers may break . When a substantial amount of fibers break its more serious aand is a fracture, When only a few fibers  are damaged or  tear its a bruise

. There are various types of bruises  3 basically

but in athletes basically the 2 worse ones appears ,  

Inter-Osseous Bruising  RB's & basketball players often get this  where the inside of the bone bleeds , basically the marrow area 

Subchondral Lesion     in basketball players more often where the cartilage covering the bones end or joint may seperate from the bone causing internal, bleeding

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

He is on IR. No playoffs for him this season. Just saying.

Not true. Can be activated after 8 games which would mean he could play in the playoffs. However, deep down my guess is Elway hopes that he doesn't need a rusty CJ come January. 

5 hours ago, 19colt said:

Not true. Can be activated after 8 games which would mean he could play in the playoffs. However, deep down my guess is Elway hopes that he doesn't need a rusty CJ come January. 

I think that's exactly right...they seem to love Booker...and the Colorado State guy, Kapri Bibbs..has been waiting for a chance for a couple of years...

..probably the only way CJ gets back is if they is another RB injury

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I think that's exactly right...they seem to love Booker...and the Colorado State guy, Kapri Bibbs..has been waiting for a chance for a couple of years...

..probably the only way CJ gets back is if they is another RB injury

Thing they will miss is Anderson Best blocker & a poor o line

CJ also ID's blitz and communicates such to Siemian & others, Booker hasnt learned that yet nor bibbs and bibbs protecting QV  B is questionable

Expect Bosa to stop the run

10 hours ago, 19colt said:

That all depends if Denver has used the one player rule on another player.