Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants have just cut Kicker Josh Brown per NFL.com

Happy2BeHere

How dumb.

PC Nazis are back at work I see.  Here is a quote from John Mara, the spineless owner of the Giants who twinkishly decides to make value judgments on one of his employees personal conduct, in accordance outstanding PC tyranny.

“We hope that Josh will continue to dedicate himself to rehabilitation, and to becoming a better person and father."

I hope that the PC tyranny that infests corporate America judges me to be a father worthy of employment.

Its nice to see them expanding their role as producers of products such as football games and into the business of judging how much "better" a person needs to be.

Outstanding!

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

How dumb.

PC Nazis are back at work I see. 

If you think you're upset, you should see what the Nazi's are doing to our video game women! Their downsizing breast sizes across the board to make women look more natural! This madness has to stop!

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

If you think you're upset, you should see what the Nazi's are doing to our video game women! Their downsizing breast sizes across the board to make women look more natural! This madness has to stop!

Poor Mr. Mara.  He is new to the PC thing and is trying to do his best to comply, but he slipped up by revealing the nazis real goal.  Be a good father and a good person (in their eyes) or you won't be able to find work.

Its just a matter of picking a person or topic that everybody agrees is offensive to first warm them up to the idea of a person losing their job because of it.  Then once the masses have accepted the idea that bad fathers and bad people should be shunned from the workplace, its just a matter of squeezing the definition of good person into what nazis think it should be.

Its one step at a time.

19 hours ago, DougDew said:

How dumb.

PC Nazis are back at work I see.  Here is a quote from John Mara, the spineless owner of the Giants who twinkishly decides to make value judgments on one of his employees personal conduct, in accordance outstanding PC tyranny.

“We hope that Josh will continue to dedicate himself to rehabilitation, and to becoming a better person and father."

I hope that the PC tyranny that infests corporate America judges me to be a father worthy of employment.

Its nice to see them expanding their role as producers of products such as football games and into the business of judging how much "better" a person needs to be.

Outstanding!

I understand the disdain many have for the PC culture and I agree in some cases it has gone to far, but comparing them to Nazis is just laughable and nobody is going to take your arguements seriously.  

I am trying to understand your argeuement here.  So it is PC for an employer to fire an employee because of their actions taken in their private life, which then negatively affects the employer, correct?

45 minutes ago, Thewholefnshow28 said:

I understand the disdain many have for the PC culture and I agree in some cases it has gone to far, but comparing them to Nazis is just laughable and nobody is going to take your arguements seriously.  

I am trying to understand your argeuement here.  So it is PC for an employer to fire an employee because of their actions taken in their private life, which then negatively affects the employer, correct?

I think people are growing annoyed at the NFLs choice to preach to its fans about social issues and using their employees to send the message.  They've chosen to elevate the private acts of various employees to advance topics that are typically reserved for PC.

Vick (dog fighting/animal rights)

Rice (bar fight/ domestic violence)

Incognito (saying mean things to a 320 lb OT/bullying)

Hardy (avoids jail time/intimidating a woman in a dv case)

But yet allows ignorant protests (hands up dont shoot...which was debunked as being a lie perpetrated by black youths when a camera and microphone was given to them)

Kneeling for the National Anthem.

And to be clear...the concept of freedom of speech applies to the government not arresting someone for their protests.  The NFL as the "legal" right to fire someone or suspend them for what an employee says or does.

So, they suspend players for how they cross the lines of PC on their own time....but don't suspend players for perpetrating a lie or protesting the National Anthem while on company time.

I don't think there is much to argue.  The NFL is preaching to its fans about social/political issues.