Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is this another must win game this weekend?

Chucklez

5 hours ago, kcccolts said:

I know I am new to this forum and live in a foreign country, but I cannot believe the negativity towards the team on here. What do you think any player reading this will think before the rest of the games, if the fans don't have the teams back, what chance do they have.

Yes, they have chucked a couple of games away, but they have also won ugly a couple of times as well.

To have any chance of playoffs I think we need to win all but one of our games remaining, after that the post mortem can begin in earnest, but while it is still possible to progress, lets get behind the team no matter where in the world you happen to be.

This how we roll in the USA, sir.

1 hour ago, IinD said:

They won't have to 'tank' as some are stating. They aren't good enough in general. No tanking involved.

Just don't get embarrassed in games and I'm cool 

If the team is not trying their best it is tanking. Losing as a result of not playing your best and losing because the other team is better are two different things.

Let me ask you a couple of hypothetical questions. If you have kids is not doing their best something you would want?

If your job depended on your effort would giving up and not giving your best effort cost you your job?

1 hour ago, GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE said:

Our problem is that our defense/Dc doesnt know how to handle a lead or put their foot onthe opponents neck when offense gives us momentum...  we get  a team in 3rd and 25 and give up 40 yds, or have a pick 6 nullified for some pure stupidity. At the same token when the defense,or special teams finally finds a way to get a T.O. offense doesn't capitalize by getting 7 it's usually either 3 or 3 and out 

Off topic.

1 hour ago, bravo4460 said:

Its not a terrible idea if you know for a fact the team couldn't make any noise in the postseason or is out of it already. If your team wants to build through the draft then the best way to improve is to get a better pick. The one big risk though is allowing the organization to lose its winning mentality.

It's silly to think ANYONE knows for a fact they can't make noise in the postseason...I mean that's just silly.

2 hours ago, rockywoj said:

What you say is true, but unless they win 8/9, I just won't view them as a legitimate SB contender.  Win the final 8/9, though, and I will be aboard the SuperBowl train.

I don't dispute what you're saying. To go 1 step further , I don't think this roster is good enough to be a SB contender

42 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I don't dispute what you're saying. To go 1 step further , I don't think this roster is good enough to be a SB contender

I agree that they are not good enough.  At least not yet.  What I do believe is that excellent players can "develop".  Ergo, I still hold out hope that the current players can improve, evolve, and become quality players.  Players elevating their game is very often a reality.  This is how teams often times can all of a sudden go on a run of success.  Example, 2006 Colts Defense. 

I very much doubt this team can evolve to success this year, but if they by some miracle can win the next 7 or 8 of nine games, then I will again hope and dream.

Go Colts!

1 hour ago, Happy2BeHere said:

It's silly to think ANYONE knows for a fact they can't make noise in the postseason...I mean that's just silly.

Do you honestly think the team could make noise in the playoffs? Honestly... I'm not saying I don't but very slim chance. 

Also I'm saying once your team is officially out of the playoff hunt and there is officially no chance of making the playoffs (meaning every other team already clinched) then why not try for a better pick?

8 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Do you honestly think the team could make noise in the playoffs? Honestly... I'm not saying I don't but very slim chance. 

Also I'm saying once your team is officially out of the playoff hunt and there is officially no chance of making the playoffs (meaning every other team already clinched) then why not try for a better pick?

Because the mentality of most people isn't to just lay down you know...I mean basically that's like almost saying when someone is leaving political office or a job when they know is over they should just not do crap because you know what's the point? These players have a job to do regardless whether or not they ARE or ARE NOT in the hunt for the playoffs....and yes...I do think the playoffs are a different animal and yes our team right now COULD make noise in the playoffs...yes...I did just say that despite the current 3-4 record we could easily be capable of putting a team down...the Colts tend to matchup better against some top-tier teams than lower-tier teams. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

If the team is not trying their best it is tanking. Losing as a result of not playing your best and losing because the other team is better are two different things.

Let me ask you a couple of hypothetical questions. If you have kids is not doing their best something you would want?

If your job depended on your effort would giving up and not giving your best effort cost you your job?

I was simply commenting on the 'tanking' people keep mentioning.

It's football, you can't tank anything. If you stink it will show. Our guys are trying, but they aren't very good at all at certain spots.

Players aren't going to tank and jeopardize million $$ jobs for an organization that has almost no loyalty to it.

True tanking in football would be to bench every good player. That doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, IinD said:

I was simply commenting on the 'tanking' people keep mentioning.

It's football, you can't tank anything. If you stink it will show. Our guys are trying, but they aren't very good at all at certain spots.

Players aren't going to tank and jeopardize million $$ jobs for an organization that has almost no loyalty to it.

True tanking in football would be to bench every good player. That doesn't happen.

So you think the Colts have no loyalty to their players? Really.

Ask Manning about collecting 12 million dollars for taking zero snaps on a contract he signed knowing there was doubt he was going to play. Irsay gave the contract because of loyalty, it sure wasn't  business.

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ask Manning about collecting 12 million dollars for taking zero snaps on a contract he signed knowing there was doubt he was going to play. Irsay gave the contract because of loyalty, it sure wasn't  business.

It was actually $26.4m. 

35 minutes ago, Superman said:

It was actually $26.4m. 

Thanks for clarifying. Wow, that is 14.4 million more loyalty paid! :D

I also remember Irsay paying another player a pretty big bonus when he didn't have to but for the life of I can't remember who that was. It might have been Edge? I just found it interesting for Irsay being accused of no loyalty when he has been accused of being too loyal at times.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That's one guy. Irsay made 10x's his investment back with PM. That was a parting gift in my mind.

I mean no player is tanking so we can get picks. They don't perform, that nice paycheck goes bye bye.

And no, no organization is loyal to its players. Once you don't perform, you get cut. 

I was simply stating tanking doesn't exist unless you're hypothetically pulling Luck, Ty and guys like that as healthy scratches on game day.

8 minutes ago, IinD said:

That's one guy. Irsay made 10x's his investment back with PM. That was a parting gift in my mind.

I mean no player is tanking so we can get picks. They don't perform, that nice paycheck goes bye bye.

And no, no organization is loyal to its players. Once you don't perform, you get cut. 

I was simply stating tanking doesn't exist unless you're hypothetically pulling Luck, Ty and guys like that as healthy scratches on game day.

I don't know how long you have been a Colts fan but Irsay has been accused of being too loyal quite a few times.

I could throw in a few examples but what good would it do?

A parting gift?? Oh, by the way I was wrong when I stated it was 12 million. My bad, it was 24.4 million as I was corrected by someone who knows the exact numbers.

I hope we can keep winning this season. Last the Sunday the ball finally bounced in our favor. That pass to Jack Doyle was hilarious. I'm just hoping and that's all I can do. We have some great teams to try and get wins over. It's up to our defense to play with a lead. 

3 minutes ago, a06cc said:

I hope we can keep winning this season. Last the Sunday the ball finally bounced in our favor. That pass to Jack Doyle was hilarious. I'm just hoping and that's all I can do. We have some great teams to try and get wins over. It's up to our defense to play with a lead. 

It's all up to the linebackers IMO. It's going to be tough if they cant stop the run and contain the edges.

19 hours ago, Chucklez said:

I know, I know. Pretty much all of our remaining games are must wins, we can afford to lose maybe one or two more at the most the rest of the way to potentially take the AFC south, but with the Texans playing Detroit at home, they have a decent chance of winning that game and if we lose to the Chiefs, we are 2 and a half games down again with the Packers up next AT Lambeau.

To me this is just as much a must win as the Titans game was... We cannot afford to lose to the Chiefs when we have the Packers, Steelers and Vikings  left on the schedule and we can only really afford 1 more loss after that... I hope this Colts team still feels the urgency and aren't going to take their feet off the gas after the scrappy win vs the Titans...

Btw, leave your "We should lose out for better draft picks" comments at the door... I hate that way of thinking, i want to see my team win.... If the 2006 Colts and the 2012 Giants could do it, so could we.

Yes this is as close to a must-win game that isn't technically a must-win game as we can have.

We have to win the games we can win,  and this is one of them.  

It's especially urgent as the game we have next week is the Packers IN Green Bay.     Winning on the road in Lambeau is brutally hard.....       Gotta beat the Chiefs!